Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yeah. Well, on STV News they said that all games "could be off", but I imagine it's a cert they all will be.

Aberdeen VS Celtic at the weekend is off, confirmed by the Dons website:

http://www.afc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10284,00.html

Can't really complain. The roads and pavements up here are a nightmare and have been since Friday.

It's strange how the Scotland vs Samoa Rugby match managed to go ahead this past Saturday though. Extra staff were hired and no expense was spared to get the surrounding streets and the terraces inside the ground clear of snow.

Also, any excuse to post this picture.........Maybe they feared a repeat of this.....

_1725468_petrovsnowball300.jpg

Apparently we snuck snowballs into the ground in freezer bags that day....according to the fine people at the Daily Record! :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
Thing that worries me more than anything... I cannot think of a suitable replacement that we could afford.

Ossie... you have finally got your SPL job!

Don't even joke about it!

I can't say I'm overjoyed (unlike some).

McGhee said he would need 18-24 months to get things the way he wanted. Something wasn't right though so I'm sure this will be for the best.

• Paid Members
Thing that worries me more than anything... I cannot think of a suitable replacement that we could afford.

Paul Hartley's just sitting there. I'd imagine he'll be in the running.

Hartley has been carrying the team all season. I don't think he needs any more pressure.

It'd be a big risk for Butcher to leave Caley Thistle and go across to Aberdeen, especially remembering how poorly Jimmy Calderwood coped - would the Aberdeen fans really accept a former Rangers captain?

EDIT: and come to think of it, didn't he kick the door off a dressing room at Pittodrie?!?

• Paid Members
It'd be a big risk for Butcher to leave Caley Thistle and go across to Aberdeen, especially remembering how poorly Jimmy Calderwood coped - would the Aberdeen fans really accept a former Rangers captain?

EDIT: and come to think of it, didn't he kick the door off a dressing room at Pittodrie?!?

He did do that. But he paid the bill so no hard feelings.

Sir Alex is/was treated like a god and we all know how big of a Ranger man he is.

• Paid Members

He did do that. But he paid the bill so no hard feelings.

Sir Alex is/was treated like a god and we all know how big of a Ranger man he is.

Completely different situation. Fergie bore a huge grudge against Rangers for the way he was treated as a player.

Butcher is (for lack of a better term) a dyed in the wool Hun and as such wouldn't be accepted by the supporters.

As has been said there is no way he would leave Caley. His show of emotion towards the fans at the end of the game recently at Pittodrie as well as Celtic Park on Saturday rules him out.

Archived