Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

ALso also i think Yamato was handing out posters for the event on the way for night 2. I didnt click until he was on, so i thought it was a all round class act showing from the DG boys!

No thats just a guy who works for dragon gate, i saw him last year and made the same mistake

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought it might be worth a mention.........But Nick Aldis/Brutus Magnus Was hanging around on night 2. Unsure if he was at night one, but was a bit random to see him there. Caught him during intermission chatting away, and later saw him (and i believe only about 3/4 others) on the balcony of the building! Interesting ..........well i thought it was anyway!

Also did anybody see the different japanese photographers taking pictures? Just out of interest, is this being covered for the Jap media?

ALso also i think Yamato was handing out posters for the event on the way for night 2. I didnt click until he was on, so i thought it was a all round class act showing from the DG boys!

Aldis still lives in the UK as does Doug Williams to the best of my knowledge so he was probably catching up with some friends and taking in the show as a fan. I think they guy you are talking about whilst bearing a simalarity to Yamato was just one of the DG staff on the door.

In that case no yamato, but still i just thought it was a bir odd aldis was there. I gathered he may know Mr Sloan in some way, but especially as he missed the TNA PPV...........i was just like, "What is he doign here?"

Anyway, i thought it was an interesting one!

Yeah, I noticed Magnus at the intermission, then he was the only other git to buy a beer after the show (along with me and my mate) before the security started clearing people out.

Got to shake Shingo's hand and tell him how impressed I was just before I left... which was very cool.

No point adding match notes as others have done it proud. A fricking amazing weekend. Please come back (again).

Ah man, I'm already anxious about getting the best seats for next time and I've no idea if they're coming back ever! ><

I saw Cima going for a jog or something before last nights show, very surreal, we waved and shouted at each other. He then used my towel at the meet and greet to wipe his forehead, lovely. Also, walked right past Mochi just after seeing Cima, he was walking up to the venue, I didn't bother him though, he was doing something on his phone and I didn't feel like taking any of his kicks!

Ah man, I'm already anxious about getting the best seats for next time and I've no idea if they're coming back ever! ><

I saw Cima going for a jog or something before last nights show, very surreal, we waved and shouted at each other. He then used my towel at the meet and greet to wipe his forehead, lovely. Also, walked right past Mochi just after seeing Cima, he was walking up to the venue, I didn't bother him though, he was doing something on his phone and I didn't feel like taking any of his kicks!

Ah yes, CIMA jogging. We were driving to the venue when one of my mates said he saw CIMA jogging. No one else saw him so we wound him up about it. The rest of my mates were a few minutes behind and it turned out it was CIMA.

Night 2!!!

Eventhough I had an absolutely abysmal sleep the night before, probably only getting 5 hours max, I woke up refreshed and before my alarm clock. Definitely unusual for me. I guess the euphoria from the night before hadn't worn off as the excitement for the night to come increased. After getting petrol and lunch I made the slow drive up to St Ives in what was some pretty poor weather at first, the weather at least getting better the further up north I travelled - Now who said it was grim up north?

I got to the venue an hour and a half before the meet and great meaning I had a lot of time to kill. I ended up sat in my car listening to some music when the Dragon Gate guys arrived in a mini-bus, which was a rather random experience and made me feel more of a fool for getting there so early with absolutely nothing to do in the immediate area outside of kill sometime in the sports lounge later on.

Eventually it got closer to the time for the M&G to take place as I qued up outside and chatted to wcw4ever again as well as meeting Alan4L, and I got talking to tattooedgoner earlier. I have to say the beginning of the M&G was a bit of a balls up as it was fed down to the beginning of the que that pictures were only allowed if you bought a promo pic. I was fuming at that so only went to Mochizuki, Kong and YAMATO to get promo/pictures (Kong was the only one I'd never had a picture with and they didn't have any Mochizuki 8X10's in Philly) but after I'd done that, it was then corrected to the fact that pictures were for free. Well, for paying

• Paid Members

Train tickets - approx 100 quid.

Travelodges - about the same.

Taxis, junk food, beer and merchandise - I shudder to think.

This weekend's matches - priceless.

I honestly think Yokosuka v Mochizuki eclipsed both of the Shingo matches, while I expected something as simple as kick v lariat, they did some excellent work on the corresponding body part to try and nullify the other man's key weapon. Amazing to think at the first Invasion, Susumu probably wasn't in the top 5 Dragon Gate guys I was eager to see (Yoshino... Kid... CIMA... Doi... Pac... nope) but now he's been in three of my favourite matches ever.

Just as a side note, whoever mentioned Made In Japan, I'm sure it was actually the Last Falconry that put Yokosuka away...

Also, Hulk/Doi v YAMATO/Shingo is now the best match I've ever seen live. The false finishes were superb, I especially had given up when YAMATO annihilated Hulk with the Galleria.

Hopefully some threads to pick up on next time (?) - what Brit can beat Kong, and Yokosuka v Shingo III. Although if said match comes to pass, let's hope we get a winner rather than a draw. ;)

Hopefully some threads to pick up on next time (?) - what Brit can beat Kong, and Yokosuka v Shingo III. Although if said match comes to pass, let's hope we get a winner rather than a draw. ;)

Chuck Kong in there with Moralez. I know its been said Dragon Gate aren't keen on big guys, but he can fly. I'd love to see that match!

Results from Open the German Gate 2010 (today's DG show in Germany) courtesy of Einstein on the Moonsault.de messageboard.

Bad Bones o. Brodie Lee by Ace Crusher

Masato Yoshino o. Emil Sitoci by Sol Naciente

Tommy End o. Dragon Kid by Owari submission hold

Pac o. BxB Hulk by Corkscrew SSP

CIMA o. Mark Haskins by Meteora

Big Van Walter & Susumu Yokosuka o. Shingo & Cyber Kong (Susumu pinned Cyber Kong)

WXW Unified World Title: Zack Sabre Jr © o. Masaaki Mochizuki by Cross Armbreaker

YAMATO o. Naruki Doi

In that case no yamato, but still i just thought it was a bir odd aldis was there. I gathered he may know Mr Sloan in some way, but especially as he missed the TNA PPV...........i was just like, "What is he doign here?"

Anyway, i thought it was an interesting one!

Nick "Brutus Magnus" Aldis is good friends with Marty Scurll and still trains with him when he is in the UK.

Chuck Kong in there with Moralez. I know its been said Dragon Gate aren't keen on big guys, but he can fly. I'd love to see that match!

I agree while that sounds good, would love to have seen Iceman against some like Kong.

Archived