Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Watching GLORY from last night. Pat Barry got wasted in round one :(

yep :(

anyone been following Pat Barry on Facebook, he's been posting loads of odd videos/articles about himself getting KO'd all week.

• Paid Members

xDFpZ7N.jpg

Bellator 119 tonight, card lost it's main original main event and it's featured prelim this week which sucks but it's still looking good...the fight im actually looking forward too most is Sandro/Horodecki on the prelims. Horodecki may go down as one of MMA's lost talents, but i always like to watch him fight seeing if he can fulfil the potential he was once lumped with.

Desmond Green vs. Daniel Weichel (featherweight tournament final)

John Alessio vs. Eric Wisely

Vaughn Anderson vs. Marius Zaromskis

Raphael Butler vs. Nick Rossborough

preliminary CARD

Chris Horodecki vs. Marlon Sandro

Adrian Miles vs. Brian Rogers

Stuart Austin vs. Craig Hudson

Remy Bussieres vs. Jason Meisel

Malcolm Gordon vs. Chris Kelades

• Paid Members

Alvarez vs Chandler 3 is NEXT SATURDAY!! Fuck. That's snuck up fast.

They're doing a bunch of hype shows for the PPV. Four, in fact...

Countdown To Alvarez vs Chandler III - Standard UFC style countdown show. Covering the main and co-main event. Aired on Spike on May 5th.

Unfinished Business: Alvarez vs Chandler III - In-depth look at the Alvarez vs Chandler fight and their rivalry so far. Airs on Spike on May 14th.

Bellator Unrivaled: Michael Chandler - A look at Chandler's rise to the title, his losing it and his journey trying to regain it. Airs on Spike on May 16th.

Rampage vs Mo: Winner Takes All - In-depth look at the Rampage vs King Mo fight. Airs on Spike on May 13th.

Good stuff here, keep an eye out for it over the next week. Hopefully it'll all wind up on YouTube.

Interesting that they've done a special piece on Chandler but not Alvarez, who's the champion. Pretty obvious who they want to win and I think its also pretty telling that things still aren't too good between Alvarez and Bellator/Bjorn. I've heard a few times that, as part of the court settlement, Alvarez can walk away from Bellator after this fight win or lose. I'm sure Helwani was on about it before. So he could potentially leave as Bellator champ if he wins and they can't come to an agreement for him to re-sign. Weird situation. I think Bellator will make him another offer, but I guess it depends if Alvarez wants to stay. If he beats Chandler again, he could potentially go to the UFC. If he loses he could maybe go to WSOF to pick up some wins before going to the UFC. Or maybe Bjorn can convince him to stay put. So much hinges on the result of this fight.

And what a fucking fight it should be! I'm not sure how it goes. The last fight was unbelievably close. I think I had Alvarez squeaking by, but I could've also seen Chandler taking the decision or even a draw. That's how close it was. I think Chandler is the type who will come back stronger from a loss. On the other hand it's worth remembering that Alvarez was coming off a long layoff last time and still came out on top. This time they should both be even better and both determined to go 2-1.

I've said it before but if this fight is anything like the first two, then from a pure fight qualify point of view, it's the best trilogy in MMA history. Not in terms of being huge fights or anything, there's been bigger in that sense obviously. But there's never been a trilogy in MMA where all three fights were unbelievable, home run, FOTY contenders. Usually there's one fight in the trilogy that's slightly weaker. Hopefully this won't be. With the combination of their fighting styles and what's on the line, I think it's going to be an absolutely fantastic fight. Almost the Gatti vs Ward trilogy of MMA.

alvarez-chandler-3.jpg

• Paid Members
Is the ppv on viva here?

Should be. I think it will be. Look on this link and scroll down to 10pm;

http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/viva#18-May-2014

By that they have 'Bellator MMA' listed for Sunday the 19th at 10pm. They always air Bellator on 24 hours delay don't they? So I'd assume that will be this PPV. They've fucked up the listing slightly because their info says California and the show is in Mississippi, but it's got to be the PPV, hasn't it. It's down for three hours as well, 10pm-1am. Usually only two hours.

• Paid Members

Well, that's killed my hard on. Pitbull is out as well with an injury.

You've got to feel for Bellator. As much as I don't think it'd have done that well for them on PPV, they'd had a good stab at it and it was a much better card than the one they were knocking up for the first attempt in November. At this point, maybe they should just sod the PPV idea for a bit. It seems like it's just not meant to be right now.

They'll have to go free on Spike now surely. Rampage vs Mo is a good fight but it's not exactly PPV headline material in 2014, is it? As a free card this is still solid.

Fucking gutted. Alvarez vs Chandler was a fight I was as excited about just as much as pretty much any UFC fight this year. Hopefully Alvarez's concussion isn't too serious and they can get the fight back on soonish.

• Paid Members
Luke Thomas @SBNLukeThomas

Nothing official yet, but hearing Bellator plans on sticking with pay-per-view for next week's show.

So presumably just going ahead with Rampage vs Mo as headliner, with Ortiz vs Shlemenko as co-main.

EDIT -

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani

PPV companies don't like when you cancel a show once, let alone 2x. This is a major dilemma to consider, if Viacom wants to keep doing PPV.

Pretty much sums the situation up. Guess they don't really have much choice but to just soldier on and try and make the best of the shitty hand they've been dealt.

Edit again...

Will Brooks is stepping in to fight Chandler now. For the interim title. And there's no timetable as yet for Alvarez's return.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

in a way im glad they are keeping the show because it's a quality lineup even without Chandler/Alvarez III, obviously we aint paying for the PPV over here but if we had too i'd probably still buy it... Brooks/Chandler could be a quality fight in itself, Brooks is a bit of a beast at 155, and he's a tournament champ so it's a fight that makes sense.

I guess Bellator were backed into a corner and had no option but to keep the show on...and i guess the name fighters on the card still sell PPV's to the more casual audience.

• Paid Members

well it's Bellator PPV week, the card has taken a massive hit but still stands out as a pretty stellar MMA card, prelims right through to main card are looking great. If you're not a big Bellator follower i recommend you hop on this one.

There's actually a decent Titan FC card on friday as well, their second show since the relaunch. It's basically the ultimate UFC cast-off promotion now, but what that does mean is that there's a ton of guys fighting that i'm interested in, so i'll be watching that as well.

c7bb4990d5280a408bd6a68368716a1d.jpg

Jason Brilz vs. Raphael Davis

Dave Herman vs. Kalib Starnes

Walt Harris vs. D.J. Linderman

Brock Jardine vs. Daniel Roberts

William Joplin vs. Walel Watson

Alvin Robinson vs. Gleristone Santos

then of course there's Bellator:

Bellator-PPV-Poster-Alvarez-Injury.jpg

Quinton Jackson vs. Muhammed Lawal (light heavyweight tournament final)

Will Brooks vs. Michael Chandler (interim lightweight title)

Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko

Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainey

Blagoi Ivanov vs. Alexander Volkov (heavyweight tournament final)

preliminary CARD

Cheick Kongo vs. Eric Smith

Marcin Held vs. Nate Jolly

Fabricio Guerreiro vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev

Mike Richman vs. Goiti Yamauchi

no UFC, so get on Bellator it's going to be a quality show, top to bottom there's great fights...and it looks like Tito Ortiz is going to show up!!

• Paid Members

Yeah, still a good card. Just sucks that Alvarez vs Chandler is off. Chandler vs Brooks is the best possible backup but that's still not a patch for me on the Alvarez rubber match. Alvarez vs Chandler was the fight.

I saw Alvarez the other day saying his next fight will definitely be on PPV so you'd assume Bellator are already planning a second PPV with Alvarez vs the Chandler/Brooks winner. That's a good start. Problem is, what do they do for an undercard? Rampage vs Mo was the ideal co-main event but that's already being done. I can't think of an appealing fight for either for them for the next PPV. One of them vs Tito? But you can rarely rely on Tito to make it through camp, and at this point he's almost promotional poison. You can only really get any modicum of value out of him by building a younger guys resume off his (fading) name. Like they've done with Shlemenko here.

Ideally Chandler beats Brooks impressively (I think he does), and we finally get that Alvarez vs Chandler third fight in late summer or something. They can still fill the undercard with exciting fighters like Lima, Pitbull etc. But they'll want Rampage on there no doubt, and maybe Mo. Who do they fight? Would Shlemenko go on a mini campaign at 205 after this Tito fight? Shlemenko vs Rampage/Mo winner perhaps? That's a decent co-main.

I think it was Mike Chiapetta on twitter who said something like this, it's worth thinking about - just imagine if Will Brooks beats Chandler, then Alvarez beats Brooks. Eddie Alvarez could then theoretically go to the UFC as Bellator champion and having beaten Chandler and Brooks back to back. That'd be disaster for Bellator because it would leave their 155 division in tatters. No champion, plus your top two guys just lost to a guy who's fucked off to the UFC.

I don't think that will happen because I see Chandler just being too much for Brooks at this stage. But you never know.