Coach Trip

Did Mark "The Intellectual" from Cov get kicked out today, because he was a fucking ringpiece. Yorkshire Lloyd should have fucking brayed him. The Young Alliance are a bunch of twats though to be fair. They're playing it like Big Brother. Those Essex slags got a fucking free penthouse from Lloyd and his bird, but wouldn't give Jason a solo second card the next night when he was up against lloyd (who's fucking ace) and his missus. That's poor form.

Nah that Dean and Jen did, they were non-entities to be fair, despite the continued annoyance of the voting block from the young un's. If they could manage to get the amount of couples back up to 7 for a sustained period then they'd be gone but that hasn't happened since the start, obviously not enough time passes to get the new couples on there.

And yeah Lloyd is a legend.

I watched a lot of last series but funnily enough got a bit bored when some of the ones that had been on there a while went, so maybe although the young group are annoying they are familiar now. That woman with the blind bloke was a bit barmy

• Moderators
Is anyone a member of the Coach Trip Facebook group? Some of the current contestants (and some from previous series) are posting there as the series goes on, so you get extra bits of insight and stuff. It's good. Lloyd had a fucking superb comment on there after the episode with the big gay fight - "me and the wife had front row tickets to a Queen concert".

I am. It's a bizarre mixture of people calling Tam and Jayson stuff about being Black and Gay and Jayson defending himself against being called an attention-seeking cunt, and Lloyd posting total brilliance and secrets about the show.

• 1 month later...

FUCKING YES!

'Coach Trip' greenlit for two more series

Monday, April 12 2010, 00:02 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Channel 4 has commissioned two more series of daytime reality show Coach Trip.

Series five and six revert to the original 30-episode format - the current run is an extended 50-day tour - and will be filmed over the summer.

International tour guide Brendan Sheerin will front both six-week tours around Europe, the first of which is scheduled to air in the autumn. The second is expected to transmit at the beginning of next year.

Speaking of the new series, Brendan told Digital Spy: "I am over the moon with excitement and in training for the next two series as I await welcoming onboard a new bunch of tourists for Coach Trip five and six!"

He continued: "The routes and activities are top secret at the moment but I promise it will be the ride of your life on Coach Trip. This time it will be filmed over the summer months so I shall try to include the odd beach too!

"Those of you who want to apply, don't forget your bathing costumes - I shall supply the sun cream!"

Executive producer Matt Walton said: "We're absolutely delighted that the latest series has been so well received and that Channel 4 have committed to another two series."

He added: "Both series will shoot this summer and without giving too much away before the tourists hit the road, you can expect all-new, sundrenched destinations as the coach will roll into virgin Coach Trip territory."

C4's head of daytime Helen Warner commented: "I'm very proud of the success of Coach Trip because it's one of my all-time favourite shows. It has become a huge hit for us, with series four attracting an average of two million viewers

• Paid Members

I stopped watching this series when all the good couples got voted off and it was left with just those 2 moaning slags and all the old couples nobody gave a shit about. Last time I saw, some guy who looked like a gypsy was doing lines from Life Of Brian.

• 3 months later...

A bump for this after the Peckham Terminator thread reminded me there are fans here:

1) Coach Trip returns for a new 30-day series on August 30th.

2) Another new 30-day series will air next spring.

3) Next summer they're filming another 50-day series to air in autumn 2011.

4) Brendan is doing panto in Southport this year.

I am very excited about all of these things.

• 8 months later...

BARRYMORE.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s136/coach-...coach-trip.html

Michael Barrymore is among the celebrities taking part in series two of Celebrity Coach Trip.

The former Strike It Rich presenter has signed up to join tour guide Brendan Sheerin on the "holiday of a lifetime".

Following the huge success of the first celebrity run last year, which regularly pulled in over 2 million viewers, Channel 4 has commissioned two further series. The broadcaster has also given the green light to series seven and series eight of the non-celebrity format.

Channel 4's head of daytime Helen Warner said: "I'm so proud of the success of the Coach Trip format and I can't wait for the return of Brendan and his band of celebrity and non-celebrity Coach Trippers."

The two celebrity editions of the show will air this summer, followed by a normal series in the autumn. Coach Trip series eight will follow in 2012.

According to the Daily Star, Jodie Marsh and Big Brother 3 contestant Spencer Smith were also signed up for the second celebrity run, but Marsh has pulled out because she refuses to spend time with Barrymore. The pair famously clashed when they were in the Celebrity Big Brother house together in 2006.

Archived