Pro-Wrestling:EVE News & Events Thread

DannRead

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro-Wrestling:EVE launches TODAY!!!!

Tickets will be available on the door (doors open at 6.30pm with first bell at 7pm), if you want to reserve your seats then call 07707 087100!

Look forward to seeing you there!

I don't have the full results, but it was an enjoyable show throughout.

The opener (catch rules match) was an interesting one, which would have been better placed second or third in my opinion. Some looked very crisp and professional in their roles on the show, such as the Alpha Female, Blue Nikita, Jetta (as always). The Nikita/Britani match was particularly good in the first taping, which was let-down by the young Knights performance in the second. Britani's match with Jetta was painful to watch, but not for the right reasons. I cringed when Britani (the face) came out for the match, complaining about being tired, slouching, advising the audience that 'its ok, we only have to go 6 minutes', and that she couldn't be bothered with her usual 'clap me' routine, as she was, again, too tired. This was a shame, as it was pretty unprofessional behaviour from a member of such a professional family. She has HUGE potential, but whether this was an off-night, or mass ego, I hope she can keep her mouth in check in future.

I was very impressed with some relatively new names for me, such as the two Scottish girls, Janey B's 'shy and down-trodden PA' and Rhia O'Riley's spunky underdog character.

Above all, I'd say that most of the roster could use some confidence boosts, and lessons in 'playing out' a little more, but they did, as did the show as a whole, display buckets of potential, and I look forward to seeing more of more.

I'll go.

The building and set-up were great. A massive improvement on the ChickFight shows at the Ipswich Caribbean Centre. The stage was used as the entranceway, and the ringside barriers were tables, which made a great amount of noise when bashed. I got there stupidly early so put out the chairs - I stuck out about 110, and I reckon it wasn't far off that as far as attendance was concerned.

Results:

Taping One

April Davids beat Jenny Sjodin via submission with an anklelock in round four of the Catch Division bout

Alpha Female pinned Becky James with a running powerslam

Sweet Saraya won a four corner elimination match over Erin Angel, Carmel Jacob and Melanie Price - she pinned all three

Sara Marie Taylor beat Rhia O'Reilly with a DDT

Jetta defeated Jemma Palmer via referee stoppage

Blue Nikita pinned Britani Knight with an Air Raid Crash. Afterwards, Saraya and Nikita had a heated pull-apart brawl where challenges were thrown down and got out of hand when Nikita spat in Saraya's face.

Taping Two:

Alpha Female pinned Janey B with a running powerslam, who took Melanie Price's place when Price backed out of taking on the big German.

Jetta pinned Britani Knight with a stranglehold lungblower. Neither took the match seriously and deliberately played it for laughs in the end, which most people appreciated and understood. Jetta got a nice ovation as part of one of her final matches.

Becky James & Rhia O'Reilly beat Sara Marie Taylor & Carmel Jacob and April Davids & Jenny Sjodin in a three way tag team match

Blue Nikita pinned Sweet Saraya in a no-DQ, falls count anywhere match with an air raid crash

Thoughts:

It would be unfair to compare EVE to SHIMMER's current product, as the latter is well established and the former has a number of women who are still learning or haven't had a massive number of matches. However, compare it to volume 1 of SHIMMER and it is comparable. The opening matches are short, inoffensive and whet your appetite for the main events - which, if you've been to a ChickFight show in the past, were pretty fucking great.

The Catch Division is a work in progress. I think there's a place for it - especially as Davids and Sjodin threw MMA style kicks and worked on the mat in a way which would be familiar to many these days. However, the rounds were too short - two minutes - and it didn't really work as the opening match. I was skeptical about it to start, but I'd be interested in seeing it again following some tweaking of the rules.

Alpha Female is a beast. She's visibly bigger than everyone else, has a great look about her and could really flourish as a HULK SMASH type of heel.

Jemma Palmer is in ridiculous shape. It's a shame she messed up her hand in training - listen to this week's upcoming Women of Wrestling Podcast on Diva Dirt to find out what happened there - but for her first match, she was pretty decent. Not great, as nobody is in their first match, but she commanded sympathy and Jetta did the rest by being the bitch heel we've grown to love to hate.

I'd never seen Carmel or Sara before and they work well as precious heels, though Sara's bumps seem to be in slow motion.

Melanie Price could work out to be a great character for EVE, though her firing of personal lackey and painfully shy PA Janey B was probably a bit premature.

Storm Academy graduates Rhia and Becky work well as a team, and even did the Impact Players entrance for the start of the tag match on taping two. Becky slipped on the ropes while diving at Alpha Female in the first taping, but seeing as it resulted in her being murderised it worked into the match, with the high-flyer coming a cropper and then being stomped for her judgement.

But the show belonged to Blue Nikita and the Knight mother and daughter, as you would expect. Goddamn, those matches were great. A heel Nikita showed she was the woman to beat in the promotion by going over both of them in the same night, though all of them were battered as a result - Saraya had welts across her back from the main event of taping two, and had a bump on the back of her head from taking a baseball slide and colliding with the tables at ringside, while Britani had a sore ankle and Nikita suffered a pretty badly bruised right eye.

The next show is taking place on October 16, and I'll be back for more. Not because I'm a women's wrestling fan, but because it delivered what it promised and made me want to see where things with Alpha Female, Blue Nikita and the Knights and Melanie Price's oppression of Janey B will go.

29133_423591216390_697001390_5784604_1083734_n.jpg

29133_423591231390_697001390_5784606_6220501_n.jpg

Attendance?

Just did a tally and the answer is 131.

Full results though more detailed ones coming later on:

April Davids (Northern Shooters Gym) def. Jenny Sjodin (Northern Shooters Gym) via ankle lock / knee bar combo in Round 4 of The Catch Division contest. This was brutal.

Alpha Female (No Gym Affiliation) def. Becky James (Team Storm) via a Running Powerslam.

Saraya Knight (WAW Gym) def Erin Angel (No Gym Affiliation) Carmel Jacobs (The Glamour Gym) & Melanie Price (The Glamour Gym) in a 4 Corners Elimination match.

Saraya def. Erin Angel via High Impact Double Leg Drop.

Saraya def. Carmel Via Bow & Arrow Submission.

Saraya def. Melanie Price via Sit-Out Powerbomb.

Sara-Marie Taylor (The Glamour Gym) def. Rhia O'Riley (Team Storm) via a Driven DDT.

Jetta (No Gym Affiliation) def. Jemma Palmer (No Gym Affiliation) via Referee Stoppage.

Blue Nikita (No Gym Affiliation) def. Britani Knight (WAW Gym) via Air-Raid Crash.

Alpha Female (No Gym Affiliation) def. Janey B (The Glamour Gym) via Running Powerslam.

Jetta (No Gym Affiliation) def. Britani Knight (WAW Gym) via Backcracker.

Rhia O'Riley & Becky James (Team Storm) def. April Davids & Jenny Sjodin (Northern Shooters Gym) & Carmel Jacob & Sara-Marie Taylor in a 1 Fall Match.

Becky pinned Carmel via Inside Cradle.

Blue Nikita def. Saraya Knight in a Falls Count Anywhere Match following a series of weapons shots and an Air-Raid Crush onto a baking tray.

EVE returns to The Delphi Club on Saturday Oct 16. All details will soon be up on www.EVEwrestling.com

I got there stupidly early so put out the chairs - I stuck out about 110, and I reckon it wasn't far off that as far as attendance was concerned.

We had to get more chairs from the bar lol

Melanie Price could work out to be a great character for EVE, though her firing of personal lackey and painfully shy PA Janey B was probably a bit premature.

I think you may have misheard as she most certainly didn't fire her.

I got there stupidly early so put out the chairs - I stuck out about 110, and I reckon it wasn't far off that as far as attendance was concerned.

We had to get more chairs from the bar lol

I think you may have misheard as she most certainly didn't fire her.

Cheers for the clarification - I bailed out of the main hall about 90 minutes before doors opened as I was being mistaken for a referee or ring announcer.

Oh, and you can hear more of Mr Read's thoughts on the PW:EVE wrap-up edition of the Women Of Wrestling Podcast, coming this week - also hear from Sweet Saraya, and why Jemma Palmer's had such a long wait to get a US working visa. Check the classifieds section of the UKFF.

Very smart show.

The atmosphere amongst the ladies prior to the event was one of excitement. Everyone was really psyched for the show and it came across in there performances.

I dont think anyone could have went away disappointed with what they saw.The roster worked really hard and should be proud of what they achieved.

Sounds like a good show. Sorry I missed it.

Really hoping above hope that this is the start of something good for womens wrestling fans in the UK - with the Knight women and Blue Nikita leading the way, a nice crop of younger talent, the machine that is Alpha Female, something different in the Catch Division and more girls that could feasibly be used on other shows (Lisa Fury, Minx, Nikki Storm, Team Blossom, Amazon, Amy Lee Kramer, Miss Mina from Norway, Bulla Punk from France) there is nothing stopping EVE having a bright future.

Just two things - what happened to Stacey Baybie and is Bubbles still in wrestling as I have not heard from her in a while?

Just two things - what happened to Stacey Baybie and is Bubbles still in wrestling as I have not heard from her in a while?

Stacey couldn't make it due to transport issues. Bubbles - more recently billed as Chelsey Love - has called it a day.

I hear the Ring announcer was brilliant!

The Show was excellent with all the wrestlers stepping up to show exactly what it is the European Female Wrestling scene has to offer.

WIth the talent there and the impressive list of talent still to be used it's going to be THE place for Females werstlers to aspire to perform in Europe.

if you didnt make it, check out the DVD when its done, and get yourself back to the Adelphi on October 16th!

Archived