Pro-Wrestling:EVE News & Events Thread

DannRead

April Vs Jenny seemed to lose the audience in parts, maybe because it was so mat based, but when they moved outside and around the ring the crowd got back into and by the end everyone was behind April.

To be honest I really enjoyed the mat based stuff. Stood out on the card and was very different to the other matches. Nice to see them both working a stronger style too, some of the kicks later on were excellent.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from a great weekend in Nottingham.Have to echo the sentiments about April v Jenny being an amazing match. Slow burn, building into an explosive, hard-hitting war that earned both women a standing ovation. April fractured her ankle during the match and was unable to compete for the rest of the weekend.Alpha v Shida was pretty much a squash and I thought the Shanna/Erin dissension after their tag loss might lead to a match between the two on the afternoon show, but sadly not.Carmel's absence was explained as her 'refusing to compete because she had the wrong make-up'. Like it.Viper and Kirsty Love impressed in their match and both have bright futures ahead of them in my opinion.Real shame Super Janey B didn't get a chance to shine in an Ice Ribbon match, as she's a hugely under-rated talent in my opinion.Quick results from this afternoon [as best as I can remember] :Nikki Storm beat Kirsty Love - Nikki is an absolute charisma machine. Her and Kirsty had a decent little match.Viper pinned Super Janey B - Viper's a monster. She needs to 'show out' a bit more in my opinion, but the talent is definitely there.Erin Angel defeated Em Jay - Erin [accidentally] smashed her knees into Em Jay's face with the match winning moonsault which looked nasty. Em Jay is solid but, to me, she just doesn't have anything spectacular about her that makes her stand out to me or eager to see her matches. Alpha Female pinned Sara-Marie Taylor - Sadly, Sara was sloppy as hell in both this and her match with Em Jay on Saturday. Her forearms looked weak and she nearly crippled herself when she landed on her head delivering a sunset flip off the middle rope. On the positive side, she has her gimmick down to a teeTsukasa Fujimoto pinned Rhia O Reilly - Rhia seemed a little out of her depth in my opinion. Again, some of her offensive moves seemed weak and there was some overall sloppiness. Still, Fujimoto managed to make sure the match kept its head above water.Hikaru Shida beat Kay Lee Ray Shanna & Emi Sakura beat Jenny Sjodin & Hikari Minami when Shanna pinned Minami...and from this evening....Kirsty Love pinned Sara-Marie Taylor - Sara's best match of the weekend.Alpha Female defeated Viper and Rhia O Reilly - Alpha slammed Viper which is no mean feat.Super Janey B pinned Em JayTsukasa Fujimoto beat Erin Angel and Kay Lee Ray - fast paced, all-action match that got a great response from the crowdNikki Storm pinned Hikaru Shida - Another great match. Thought Nikki-Fujimoto was a little 'off' but these two seemed to click and put on a great match.Hikari Minami defeated Shanna - Fantastic match. Shanna gave a great account of herselfJenny Sjodin beat Emi Sakura - really good main event. Sakura suffered a bloodied mouth. Jenny's chest was red-raw from Sakura's chops. Sakura pulled out an impressive 450 splash!Jenny Sjodin is the real f'n deal! She looked like she'd been hit by a car after her final match of the weekend but she put on two great main-event worthy matches.Kay Lee Ray put on two great showings against the Ice Ribbon talent. All the Ice Ribbon stars seemed genuinely happy to be there and having an absolute blast and the majority of the EVE roster really upped their game too in my opinion.Bloody fun weekend - hope we see Ice Ribbon grace our shores sometime in the future.Big well done and thank you to all involved.

It absolutely delights me that the Scottish girls gave such a good showing (especially Kirsty Love and Vyper who made their debuts.) I'll no doubt see them through the week, and can't wait to hear their stories from an amazing weekend!

This weekend was my first EVE experience and it probably won't be my last. The ICE RIBBON girls were an absoloute treat and were my original reason for going in the first place as I love my joshi. They were wonderful and can't really pick out a dud match between them.

The EVE roster was full of girls I wasn't really familiar with bar Jenny and April - neither of those two failed to impress over the weekend. For me, this looked a fantastic weekend for Jenny, what with her epic match with April, the champions v challengers match on the matinee show was good fun, but Emi and Jenny did well by staying apart for most of it and building the evening match up. Jenny v Emi was nothing short of brilliant. Jenny was made to look strong, especially after kicking out of the 450, which Emi rarely breaks out. As was said before, Jenny is the real deal.

Nikki Storm took her crowd heat fantastically well and was given probably more stick than anyone else over the weekend. Great match with Hikaru Shida on Sunday night earned her the crowds respect by its conclusion.

Other notables for me were Viper who made a great debut and looked good throughout the weekend. Shanna was really good too, especially in the ICEX60 match against Hikari Minami. Also, Sara-Marie Taylor and Kay-Lee Ray were great on all showings through the weekend.

Great weekend, and I really enjoyed it. Good work Dan, and Pro Wrestling EVE

Great weekend by all involved at Pro Wrestling EVE and Ice Ribbon.

Look forward to more from EVE next year.

Hope to see more from Viper and Kirsty Love aswell. And hopefully Ice Ribbon will be back at some point.

What were the attendences like to todays shows?

I'm shite with attendance figures but I'd guess-timate about 50-60 both shows.

Think it was higher than 60

Great weekend by all involved at Pro Wrestling EVE and Ice Ribbon.

Look forward to more from EVE next year.

Hope to see more from Viper and Kirsty Love aswell. And hopefully Ice Ribbon will be back at some point.

What were the attendences like to todays shows?

I'm shite with attendance figures but I'd guess-timate about 50-60 both shows.

Think it was higher than 60

Very possibly - as I say, I'm total shite with guessing attendances. If it was, I wouldn't say much more than 60, personally.

Carmel's absence was explained as her 'refusing to compete because she had the wrong make-up'. Like it.

She was apparently unwell, though Sara made it and she wasn't well earlier in the week, and Nikki had a stinking cold and couldn't breathe through her nose on the Saturday.

We've uploaded about 70 photos from the shows:

http://ringbellesonline.com/2011/10/08/eve...-day-1-results/

http://ringbellesonline.com/2011/10/09/eve...-day-2-results/

Here's a sample:

DSCF3084-1024x768.jpg

DSCF3124-1024x768.jpg

DSCF3148-1024x768.jpg

DSCF3143-1024x768.jpg

DSCF3218-1024x768.jpg

WOW, what a weekend.

Was so happy to see Kirsty and Viper do so well (and not only because I was traveling down with them )

Nikki Storm showed just how good she is this weekend, three different types of matches, and she excelled in all three.

The Ice Ribbon Girls were awesome, I loved Fujimoto and Sakura in particular.

Kay Lee Ray was brilliant, Alpha was awesome and Janey was entertaining.

Rhia, Sarah, Erin and Em Jay were okay but I don't think they did themselves justice.

April vs Jenny was a fantastic slow burner, anyone who doubts womens wrestling should watch this match.

Its a shame April Got injured.

Jenny was incredible, I hadn't thought she was title material until this weekend. The Main Events for all three shows made her look like a champion.

The atmosphere was incredible and I will definitely be back for the next set of shows.

Carmel's absence was explained as her 'refusing to compete because she had the wrong make-up'. Like it.

She was apparently unwell, though Sara made it and she wasn't well earlier in the week, and Nikki had a stinking cold and couldn't breathe through her nose on the Saturday.

Carmel did plan to come down but was advised against it and this is the first time she has to had to cancel an appearance at a show.

All 3 Eve v Ice shows were fantastic. Think for me the final show with the 2 championship matches just about edged it for me.

Only disappointment of the weekend was no announcement of the next Eve shows!

One thing Eve does need to sort out is the heel / face situation, at times it seems to change from one match to the next. Also, particularly on the first night, people seemed to be able to come out to the ring and just demand any match they wanted - maybe a commissioner roll is needed.

They're only small details tho, all in all it was a fantastic weekend and hopefully not the last time we see Ice Ribbon.

All 3 Eve v Ice shows were fantastic. Think for me the final show with the 2 championship matches just about edged it for me.

Only disappointment of the weekend was no announcement of the next Eve shows!

We were ready to announce the next shows which as always are well booked in advance (we're currently booked until 2014) and in this case the dates are set for Feb 17/18 back at The Delphi Club in Sudbury, however late Friday night/Early Sat morning a rather serious family situation broke out for me personally and at this point I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next so it wouldn't have been right for me to announce a weekend of shows when there is a possibility they may need to be moved to a slightly later date. So don't feel like this means there is no more EVE shows or anything like that, once I know what is happening I'll be able to get a move on with things.

Sounds a bit harsh that, Carmel had more than a cold, additionally Carmel is a true pro, a hard worker and actually helps out with EVE things 'behind the scenes' if you will. I know what Carmel had planned for that weekend and I know how much she was looking forward to it. Additionally I've never known Carmel to pull out of any bookings for anyone and if she were to do so it's because she has no choice.

Archived