CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

I've never understood this heat Quack gets as he genuinely seems like a nice guy, but I guess there's always two sides.

As for this spat between him and Skayde, im very shocked. No idea what the reasoning behind all this is but hopefully we'll find out at some point, likewise i've no idea what happened to Turbo. All sounds very final anyway

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Skayde thing seems to be because he verbally agreed a deal and then, once the (non refundable) plane tickets were booked he tried to get double the booking fee's. He then told Valiente to go and take other bookings. Then he drove to the airport and tried to get Oriental (part of the other Mexican team) to miss his flight. It's a bit of a mess and not a nice thing to do.

King of Trios Night 1 results so far:

1. FIST defeated The Throwbacks

2. Team Big Japan beat Team Frightning. Okabayashi won with a torture rack on Frightmare.

The Skayde thing seems to be because he verbally agreed a deal and then, once the (non refundable) plane tickets were booked he tried to get double the booking fee's. He then told Valiente to go and take other bookings. Then he drove to the airport and tried to get Oriental (part of the other Mexican team) to miss his flight. It's a bit of a mess and not a nice thing to do.

This is also far from the first time Skayde and Chikara have had issues.

1. FIST defeated The Throwbacks

Really fun match. The end result was of no doubt, but seeing Matt Classic put the claw on all three and the airplane spin spot that kept on going, and then the slow motion, I Believe I Can Fly slam-dunk... Fun match.

2. Team Big Japan beat Team Frightning. Okabayashi won with a torture rack on Frightmare.

Definitely a surprise. Not enough Sekimoto man-handling Frightmare for my liking, but he managed to dead-lift german suplex Frightmare and Quack at the same time. Bit of a heatless match at times, but the action was good when Quack was in the ring or when Frightmare was being completely out-powered.

3. BDK #1 (Claudio, Ares, Tursas) beat Osirian Portal & Sara Del Rey.

Death Rey was trying to sabotage from within, but the Portal kept fighting back and kept the crowd into it. Of course Sara's constant treachery eventually paid off.

4. Osaka Pro beat Unstable.

Bit of a disappointment. Enjoyed Tadasuke and Kotoge, but the other guy really didn't do anything of note. Tadasuke had the heavyweight encounter with STIGMA while Kotoge finally exploded at the end with speed and high-flying. No surprise to see Osaka go over as it looks like Vin Gerard is on the outs with Colin Delaney.

Bought myself Curry Man and Sekimoto t-shirts while Suz got a promo and pic with Colt Cabana and the Matt Classic shoot interview.

5. Colony beat Team AIW.

To be honest, this match passed along without much incident. Nothing bad and fun for what it was, but went straight out of my mind as soon as it ended.

6. BDK #2 beat F1rst Family.

Holy crap the F1rst are really loved in South Philly and the crowd was behind them 100%. Another good fun match.

7. Perros Del Mal beat Team Delicisio.

Lots of Curry Man dancing. Lots of mini getting beaten up by evil ice creams. Loved it, although Oriental seemed sloppy at times.

Between the semi and main a guy proposed to his girlfriend in the ring. No, it wasn't me. I did that yesterday.

8. The Future Is Now over The Jackson 3.

Once again, another fun match. With this type of match you were definitely getting a sprint so it really did fly by.

So that leaves us with:

Osaka Pro vs FIST

BDK #2 vs Colony

BDK #1 vs Perros Del Mal - One of the first things my girlfriend said after PDM won was that she hoped Cujie would end up opposite Claudio at one point over the weekend.

Big Japan vs Future Is Now

Means that it's wide open for which team will face BDK #1 in the finals. Could either be FIST, Colony or TFIN.

A really fun night. Not as good as the first night of last years (Discounting that awful main event) but enjoyable in it's own right.

I was messing around trying to predict the first round a few days ago. Looks like I only got the Big Japan result wrong, and I was 50:50 on that one.

Thanks for the results, Cobystag. Glad you enjoyed it and congratulations on the engagement. Now I know why you were so nervous about the flight getting delayed :)

Thanks man. I was absolutely 100% determined I was going to get over there. I just got fortunate enough to be over in time for my birthday so I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present.

Anyways, night 2 results.

King of Trios 2010 - Night 2

4.24.2010 @ ECW Arena

(Philadelphia, PA)

1. x Grizzly Redwood (3:09 ~ Big Boot) Brodie Lee o

King of Trios Quarter-Final Match:

2. x Jigsaw & Equinox & Helios {L}

(13:35 ~ German Suplex)

Daisuke Sekimoto {W} & Yuji Okabayashi & Kankuro Hoshino o

Rey de Voladores Eliminator # 1:

3. o Matt Cross {W}

(First Elimination in 7:22 ~ 450 Splash by Amasis on Kendrick)

(Second Elimination in 7:22 ~ Shooting Star Press by Cross on Jackson)

(Winning Elimination in 9:41 ~ Standing Shooting Star Press on Amasis)

Malachi Jackson & Flip Kendrick & Amasis {L} x

4. x Alebrije & Cuije {L} & El Oriental

(9:46 ~ Splash)

Claudio Castagnoli & Ares & Tursas {W} o

5. x Hallowicked (13:32 ~ "Best Moonsault Ever") Christopher Daniels o

6. x Gran Akuma & Icarus & Chuck Taylor {L}

(14:27 ~ Schoolboy)

Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke {W} o

Rey de Voladores Eliminator # 2:

7. o Ophidian {W}

(First Elimination in 4:55 ~ "Kneecolepsy" by Frightmare on Swann)

(Second Elimination in 8:37 ~ Reverse Rolling Prawn Hold by Ophidian on Hernandez)

(Winning Elimination in 15:52 ~ Egyptian Destroyer on Frightmare)

Rich Swann & Cheech Hernandez & Frightmare {L} x

8. o Fire Ant & Soldier Ant {W} & Green Ant

(18:51 ~ CHIKARA Special)

Tim Donst {L} & Lince Dorado & Pink Ant x

The Conclave before the show was a lot of fun again. I got to have pictures taken with Daisuke, Daniels, the Portal, Hallowicked & Frightmare, Osaka Pro & Matt Cross. For Cross he commented on my new "I'm Hard" Sekimoto t-shirt so I told him it was an absolute pleasure to get a photo with him.... I don't know if he twigged or not.

Big Japan going over was a huge surprise. There was an inside spot where Sekimoto german'd an indy tower of doom that was all kinds of cool. Jigsaw landed on his head numerous times and looked out numerous times. Finish came when 2/3rd's of TFIN hit dives to the outside, Helios was going to go for a dive of his own, but got caught in a Sekimoto german for the win.

The first RDV eliminator was kinda eh. Malachi's definitely green and looked awkward. There were spots a plenty, but it wasn't all clicking together as a coherent match until Cross and Amasis were the last two left.

There wasn't enough man-handling of Cujie by Claudio for our liking, but holy shit, every time Cujie got in the ring with the big boys, we squeeled in excitement at the horror that was about to unfold. Which other than a couple of big boots and then a massive big splash from Tursas, Cujie was dead. He was squashed out of his boots.... Literally.

During intermission I got a pic with Sara Del Rey and my t-shirt got attention again......... She twigged quicker than Matt Cross and I humiliated myself.

Hallowicked/Daniels was okay. Daniels kept getting more frustrated as Hallowicked kept out-wrestling him and was getting annoyed by the crowd. I was also getting annoyed by the twats around me, so I sympathized with Daniels. I just couldn't help but think that if they would have done Quack/Daniels, it may not have been much of a better match, but the crowd would have been hotter and would have generated more interest for DVD sales.

Osaka Pro vs F.I.S.T has been match of the weekend so far. I know I said I was slightly disappointed in their match from night 1, but everything clicked last night from the word go. Probably not worth noting but Johnny Gargano was out there watching F.I.S.T for unknown reasons which other than a couple of quick glances was not touched upon. Before the end of the match the crowd was chanting Osaka and they were blowing everyone away. I was definitely surprised to see them go over, but didn't mind at all in the slightest.

The second RDV was definitely a lot better than the first. Still, not comparable to Kota's 4-way from last year, but still pretty damn good in it's own right. The ending between Frightmare and Ophidian was all kinds of awesome.

The main event was really good. We love the german ring announcer. The guy is fantastic. But this match brought the heat from the get go as The Colony wanted to hurt BDK and the crowd wanted BDK to lose at all costs.

Better than night 1, but I know last year night 2 was the highlight of the weekend. I am hopeful that night 3 manages to improve on last night. Big Japan vs BDK sounds all kinds of awesome and I'm really looking forward to Osaka vs The Colony too. Cross vs Ophidian should be good. Don't know what to make of Kingston/Daniels yet, and the Tag Gauntlet last year really dragged so I hope they do better this year.

It does feel completely unfair to compare KOT's like I am doing, but I will say for those of you who enjoy or have a slight interest in CHIKARA, so far KOT 2010 is well worth looking into.

Night 3 to go!

taken from chikarapro.com

King of Trios 2010 - Night 3

4.25.2010 @ ECW Arena

(Philadelphia, PA)

King of Trios Semi-Final Match:

1. o Fire Ant & Soldier Ant & Green Ant {W}

(8:58 ~ Super Mega Antapult Splash)

Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke {L} x

King of Trios Semi-Final Match:

2. x Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi & Kankuro Hoshino {L}

(14:12 ~ Tiger Driver)

Claudio Castagnoli & Ares {W} & Tursas o

3. x El Oriental (10:58 ~ Cross Crab) Chuck Taylor o

Tag Team Gauntlet Match:

4. o Hallowicked {W} & Frightmare

(32:13 ~ Rydeen Bomb)

Sara Del Rey & Daizee Haze {L} x

Order of Elimination:

The Throwbacks (by Gerard/STIGMA @ 1:55),

Weiner/Dragon (by Gerard/STIGMA @ 6:36),

Gerard/STIGMA (by Helios/Equinox @ 8:24),

Lyndon/Kendrick (by Helios/Equinox @ 10:51),

Helios/Equinox (by Corbin/Cruz @ 16:32),

Corbin/Cruz (by UltraMantis/Crossbones @ 21:08),

UltraMantis/Crossbones (by Hallowicked/Frightmare @ 21:37),

Gran Akuma/Icarus (by Hallowicked/Frightmare @ 28:52)

5. o Eddie Kingston (14:52 ~ "Backfist to the Future") Christopher Daniels x

6. o Mike Quackenbush {W} & Jigsaw

(13:39 ~ "Jig n' Tonic")

Matt Jackson {L} & Nick Jackson x

Rey de Voladores Tournament Final:

7. o Ophidian (13:44 ~ Moonsault turned Small Package) Matt Cross x

King of Trios Tournament Final:

8. x Fire Ant {L} & Soldier Ant & Green Ant

(13:30 ~ Ragnarok)

Claudio Castagnoli & Ares {W} & Tursas o

Big matches announced...

Aniversario Elf:

~Yonkers Finest Collide!~

Tommy Dreamer vs. Eddie Kingston

~Tag Team Title Bout!~

Hallowicked & Frightmare (Incoherence) vs. Ares & Claudio Castagnoli (Bruderschaft)

~One on One!~

Amasis (of The Osirian Portal) vs. Vin Gerard (of The UnStable)

~4-Corner Elimination Tag Match!~

Equinox/Helios vs. 3.0 vs. ??? vs. ???

Upcomming cards to date

Anniversario Zehn:

Quackenbush,Jigsaw & Incoherance vs FIST (Taylor & Akuma) &The Unstable(Vin Gerard & Colin Delaney)

Fire Ant vs Pink Ant

Ultramantis Black vs Ares

Ophidian vs Stigma

Green Ant vs Amasis

Anniversario Elf

Eddie Kingston vs Tommy Dreamer

Incoherance vs Claudio & Ares for the tag belts

Soilder Ant vs Tim Donst for the YLC Cup

Quack,Jigsaw & and The Throwbacks vs The Bruderschaft (Pink Ant,Tursas Sara Del Rey and Daizee Hazee)

Fire Ant vs Lince Dorado

3.0 vs The Future Is Now vs FIST (Akuma & Taylor) vs ?????

Amasis vs Vin Gerard

Faded Scars and Lines

Mike Quackenbush and Frightmare vs Lince Dorado and Pink Ant

shows lookin good thus far

Archived