CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I loved the fact that in the run-up to this it was trailed that Eddie Kingston was taking on The Band; and with Waltman booked for KOT the UKFF started creaming themselves about Nash being Chikara. The sperm was flying across the keyboards

• Paid Members

I remember commenting that I would watch it if Nash turned up. But basically because a real star being on the shows would attract me more than ginger chested masked men with masks molded from a Mantar hat like El Genericasfucko. I always had my suspicions about a promotion that cant afford to book Kizarny for two shows having the ability to book a big name player like Kevin Nash, though.

To be fair, Dexter could be plotting the downfall of civilization through means of making explosives out of yoghurt pots, fireworks and an inflatable hammer and nobody would have a clue because of their lack of motivation to read his musings on shit wrestling.

I remember commenting that I would watch it if Nash turned up. But basically because a real star being on the shows would attract me more than ginger chested masked men with masks molded from a Mantar hat like El Genericasfucko. I always had my suspicions about a promotion that cant afford to book Kizarny for two shows having the ability to book a big name player like Kevin Nash, though.

To be fair, Dexter could be plotting the downfall of civilization through means of making explosives out of yoghurt pots, fireworks and an inflatable hammer and nobody would have a clue because of their lack of motivation to read his musings on shit wrestling.

Chikara isn't shit wrestling though...

I get the annoyance of workrate bummers and have no issue with Mr Nash, consider me somewhere in the middle, but to label Chikara as shit is a bit harsh.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking it, if you don't that's fair enough. To declare it shit though is no better than the indy fanboys who are dumb enough to suggest Nash has nothing to offer.

It may be that you weren't targeting Chikara directly but it's a Chikara thread so I was urged to leave my lurkers chair and post a response.

• Moderators

Nah, the issue is with Dexter being a professional dickhead who never fights his corner because he's a spacker. He tried to claim Tyler Black vs Davey Richards was out generations Steamboat/Flair. So a lot of us enjoy tripping him up because he's a thick idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

King of Trios 2011: Night 1 - 15/4/11

A moving tribute to Larry Sweeney is shown before the start of the show, followed by a ten-bell salute. As for Sinn Bodhi

Maiden Flight of the Great Condor Results

1. Williamsport show set to begin with opening contest, Kodama of the Batiri against Ophidian

Kodama beat Ophidian with a top rope blockbuster

Winner: Kodama

2. Next contest sees the Leader of the Band, Archibald Peck take on the debuting Marion Fontaine

Archibald Peck pins Marion Fontaine with the Unchained Melody

Winner: Archibald Peck

3. 4 team elimination match sees Obariyon & Kobald vs. Fire & Soldier Ant vs. The Roughnecks vs. 3.0

Road Warrior Animal, I mean Shane Matthews pins Kobald at 7:10 to eliminate the Batiri from the match

Grizzly Redwood rolls up Road Warrior Hawk, errr Jeff Parker at 8:10 eliminating 3.0

Fire Ant reverses a half nelson slam by Brodie Lee into a pin at 10:35 for the win!

Winners: Fire Ant & Soldier Ant - The Colony

4. Next up, international star Eddie Edwards takes on Jigsaw

Jig-N-Tonic scores at 10:55 giving Jigsaw a hard fought victory over Die Hard Eddie Edwards

Winner: Jigsaw

5. Next contest sees the BDKs Tim Donst take on Green Ant from the Colony

The time, 9:28, after outside interference from Tursas, Donst gets the the submission victory over Green Ant

Winner: "The Man" Tim Donst

But Green Ant goes wild after and attacks Tursas, clearing the locker room! These 2 are set to go 1 on 1 at #HighNooniPPV

Intermission time. Johnny Gargano still not here. Waiting on word from Wink Vavasseur regarding the tag title match

6. Back from intermission with Twelve Large Summit block B action as Vin Gerard takes on Eddie Kingston

After a wild brawl into the crowd, Vin Gerard makes Eddie Kingston tap to the STF

Winner: Vin Gerard

Vin Gerard continued the attack after the bell, forcing security & medical staff to attend to Kingston

As Kingston exited through the curtain, Vin Gerard attacked again, shoving Bryce and security down

7. Tag title match as the Throwbacks, Dasher Hatfield & Sugar Dunkerton take on champions, FIST, Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano

Wink Vavasseur called in and stated Icarus must replace Johnny Gargano in the title match

1:33 And FIST steals the first fall

10:47 Dasher pins Chuck Taylor to even up the falls to one each

Chuck Taylor forces Sugar Dunkerton to give it up at 11:57 to the Gargano Escape. FIST retains the gold

Winners: Chuck Taylor & Icarus - FIST

8. Next up is singles action as Sara Del Rey takes on the monster Tursas

Jakob Hammermeier interferes, shoving Sara Del Rey off the top rope, calling for the DQ. Tursas, Donst & Jakob lay Sara out.

Winner: Sara Del Rey

Sara Del Rey lays down the challenge for High Noon in 2 weeks, her vs. Jakob Hammermeier one on one at #HighNooniPPV

9. Main event sees Jakob Hammermeier & Delirious of the BDK take on Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black of the Spectral Envoy

15:07 after miscommunication between Jakob & Delirious, UltraMantis rolls him up for the pin

Winners: Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black - The Spectral Envoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Chikara : High Noon iPPV results:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Pre-Show - Jigsaw over El Generico with top=rope double stomp

Young Bucks vs Colony - Soldier Ant rolls up Matt Jackson for the win. Colony now have 3pts. Marty Jannetty accompanied YB to ring

Sara Del Rey over Jacob with Royal Butterfly

Video airs hyping debut of Mr Touchdown

Ophidian turned heel on Amasis during Osirian Portal in-ring seg

Green Ant over Tursas with a new version of the Chikara Special

Colt Cabana over Archibald Peck after Colt Cabunny turned on Peck

Gregory Iron vs Icarus - Icarus via lb and Blu-Ray. After the match Akuma ran in, but accidentally walloped Iron

Ultramantis & Hallowicked vs Tim Donst & Ares - No DQ, Masks vs Hair/ Eye of TYR - Donst walked out on Ares, Ultramantis pins Ares to regain the Eye of Tyr.

Eddie Kingston vs Mike Quackenbush - 12 Large Summit Final - Kingston becomes first Chikara Grand Champion with two BTTF. After the match Larry Sweeney's brother presented him with the belt.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Had to do something with her though, she has been the years MVP

I agree that she's done well, but it seems her story's peak was in the third quarter of the season, and it ended with something of a whimper. Sthe's set up for something bigger next year though.

As for the rest, everything was great, though thinking back, I probably enjoyed the Greg Iron/Icarus match the least.

Archived