The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
because twat or not, he's still f'n awesome.

I guess that's the thing. You like him, so you're happy to hear stuff like that, whereas I'm ambivalent about him, so I thought made him sound like a tit. So each to their own. I'm all for a bit of fired-up banter - I've enjoyed Dillinger Escape Plan and Slipknot sets with plenty of that - but I just thought it made him sound like a wanker and would be a bit of a shitty thing for someone who'd just got into the band to hear (even though they probably wouldn't be bothered - if it were me, I'd just frown and shake my head).

Anyway. I think we can let that lie now.

• Paid Members

yeh, i prefer Howard Jones as a vocalist. He's 100% better live for sure.

Having said that on his own material Jesse sounds great on record too, the Times of Grace album was excellent and im anticipating the new Killswitch Engage album.

I've always thought that Killswitch Engage were a ropey live band anyways, but that version of 'End Of Heartache' was the shits. I still find it complete bull that they held 'open' auditions for a new vocalist, and then went and picked Jesse anyway. "Jesse auditioned like everybody else", yeah, course he did. The whole thing was probably a ruse to get fans to post vids on youtube and have a laugh at them.

In other news, fresh off of playing Bloodstock, Testament have announced a UK tour for November in support of their fantastic 'The Dark Roots Of Earth' album:

Nov. 27 – Glasgow Garage

Nov. 28 – Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall

Nov. 29 – Manchester HMV Ritz

Nov. 30 – London KOKO

tickets go onsale at 9am tomorrow

Edited by KingOfMetal

October through December is always a ballache because everyone seems to come over at the end of the year.

Last year I had Volbeat, Manowar, Alice Cooper and Opeth all playing within a couple of weeks of eachother. i wanted to go to all of them but had to pick and choose and went with Volbeat as I hadn't seen them live before and Manowar because its probably the last chance to see them in England because the tour won't have made much money due to their ridiculous operating costs and financial demands, I don't want to have to go to mainland Europe to see them everytime.

This year I've got Opeth again and Devin Townsend/Fear Factory a month later and the Testament dates fall right between the two, and I'm sure someone else is going to announce some dates just to make things that little it more annoying

yeh im thinking of taking in a Fear Factory/Devin Townsend show too.

!

obviously people are interested because of the Bullet My Valentine factor, but i quite like it.

Do it man, Devin was one of the highlights of Download this year.

As for Axewound- Cold, its better than BFMV for sure, but I'm still wishing a terminal disease on Matt Tuck. He never gives a vocal performance with any kind of gusto and has a face that you could never get tired of hitting