The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i was just under the assumption that the hardcore LOA are more fans of the River Runs Red & Ugly stuff. The Soul Searching Sun was a bit of a more commerical change in direction but it's a great (and very underrated) album.

keithmina.jpg

Keith makes for an ugly chick though.

• Moderators

Yeah, he is rather an ugly girl.

River Runs Red is a good album, but I don't really care much for Ugly..

Why is it that 'commercial' is often used as a synonym for softer or more melodic when it comes to rock and metal bands?? A change in style can just as easily be down to maturing musically as opposed to a cynical attempt to reach a particular target market. Nothing ever seemed particularly commercial about their approach to me..

Not having a go at you, just musing generally...

• Paid Members

maybe commercial's the wrong word, but there's no doubting Soul Searching Sun is far more accessible album than the hardcore-ish stylings of River Runs Red or the dark as fuck Ugly. I love all 3 :)

• Paid Members

quite shocked by the terrible reviews Sepultura's new album got in both Kerrang! and Rock Sounds. It's a fucking good album, one of my favorites of the year without doubt.

Anyone else liking it?

no fucking way!

Life of Agony are one of my favourite bands and Soul Searching Sun is one of my favourite albums (not the purists LOA choice but still). Caputo's always struck me as a little fruity but he's a great f'n vocalist. This has shocked me, what the fuck!?!?

As I stated a few pages back, Pantera and Life of Agony are, by far, my two favourite bands.

I've been following Keith on Twitter for a while, he's been cross dressing for a long time, but recently (early this year) decided to start talking a lot about being Transgender so it wasn't that much of a shock to me, his latest solo album had this little beaut on it which pretty much sums up how he's been feeling for the past few years:

As far as Life of Agony goes, the band's been on hiatus anyway but have played a few shows recently, Keith will be playing at the Borderline in October, I'm trying to get everyone I know to dress up for the show. Girls in 'prohibition' Gangster suits and guys in Gangster Moll dresses.

Oh and I plan on invading the stage and giving Keith a huge hug.

Don't neglect Broken Valley, even though it's a bit patchy there are still some amazing songs on there.

• Paid Members

i had not idea about it, though to be honest i hadn't heard much from Keith or LOA since Broken Valley (which is a quality record). The only solo stuff i ever checked of Keith's was the Died Laughing album, i really like that too so i should really get his other stuff.