The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

surprisingly never got into Priest, recommend a place too start?

The early 70's albums all show how influential Judas Priest were on metal, particularly British metal, bands to follow, 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' and 'Sin After Sin' are prob the best of the 70's album. 1980 saw 'British Steel' released, which in my opinion is one of the greatest metal albums ever made. Further listening from the 80's era include 'Screaming For Vengeance' and 'Defenders Of The Faith'.

On top of all those, you've got the 'Painkiller' album when Scott Travis got behind the drumstoll, and even the Tim 'Ripper' Owens albums ('Jugulater' and 'Demolition') have their moments

• Paid Members
I recently bought Converge - No Heroes and Stampin Ground - A new Darkness Upon Us for a pound each at a car boot sale. The guy had loads of metal cds but unfortunately most i already had. Both albums i really liked.

Also bought the new Skindred album (signed from Play), which i think is probably their best album and the closest they've got to there live sound.

ahhh i need to find a bootsale with someone selling off their entire collection...i get lucky on ebay sometimes, someone just puts up like 30 cd's for a

• Paid Members

Same here. I've tried getting into Priest but something just doesn't click for me.

I saw them live in Glasgow back in 2005 supported by The Scorpions and the Scorps totally blew them offstage too.

Same here. I've tried getting into Priest but something just doesn't click for me.

I saw them live in Glasgow back in 2005 supported by The Scorpions and the Scorps totally blew them offstage too.

I saw them on the Manchester date of that tour and Scorpions were better technically, but Priest put on more of a show, so I called it a draw

I saw them on the Manchester date of that tour and Scorpions were better technically, but Priest put on more of a show, so I called it a draw

Yeah I was at the London date at Hammersmith, pretty much honours even there too. Painkiller might have just tipped it though, I nearly banged my head clean off to that. I wish I still had long hair.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members

Going to see Earthtone9 tomorrow! i saw em on their farewell tour back in the day, so it's cool to be going to see them on their reunion jaunt. Brilliant band...they've put out a new tune too:

cracking tune...sounds like Earthtone with a slight more commercial slant on it, i love it.

I had a listen to the earthtome9 EP. It's good but not quite as good as i hoped. The third track 'The Trail That We Carved out' is really good though.

Also been listening to a couple of new tracks. Suicide Silence - You Only Live Once. Slightly dissapointed. But still enjoyable and i'm looking forward to their album.

And

. I love this band. This song manages to sound like them, while being very different to anything off there album. It's them at there most pop like and at there heaviest. There not particular well liked by the usual 'metal crowd' and they seem to love that. Especially with there recent black metal press release.

I had a listen to the earthtome9 EP. It's good but not quite as good as i hoped. The third track 'The Trail That We Carved out' is really good though.

Also been listening to a couple of new tracks. Suicide Silence - You Only Live Once. Slightly dissapointed. But still enjoyable and i'm looking forward to their album.

And

. I love this band. This song manages to sound like them, while being very different to anything off there album. It's them at there most pop like and at there heaviest. There not particular well liked by the usual 'metal crowd' and they seem to love that. Especially with there recent black metal press release.

I've seen the promo shots, the girl in the band looks fit as fuck with the corpsepaint on. I dont know what it is about that stuff!

• Paid Members

And

the new EP? i aint got it yet!

as for the Bristol gig, it was f'n outstanding. The band on record mix it up quite a bit but live they tend to stick to their heavier material, it fucking crushed from start to finish. Hopefully they stick around. Awesome.