The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

you'll never guess who's gone and reformed??

only fucking Coal Chamber!!

zRiC6oqKiC0A0yvHbp2v6pw2lC9KC01Euf20kMskQkPYPwVQ5mVjQeM4IXYpe_aA.jpg

What The Fuck!

New Mastodon album is great but seems to be getting overshadowed by the new Machine Head.

Can anybody name a band as consistently great as Mastodon?

The Hunter is fucking awesome, been in my car nonstop since it turned up welcomely early last Saturday. I like the way they've evolved the Crack The Skye sound into something fresh, something they've progressed with every record really. Some of the guitar work is brilliant an I'm a massive fan of Brann Dailor's drumming.

Got the tickets through for Wacken next August, where me and the Mrs are going on honeymoon. Machine Head just announced as one of the headliners along with the Scorpions and Cradle of Filth. Some cracking bands already announced, loads that I've never seen before.

And the new Mastodon album is utterly outstanding. Just an insanely good band who don't seem to have any flaws.

i asked the misses for the new Opeth and Mastodon albums for my birthday, and so requested not to get send the promo copies from who i do my writing for, so that i would actually be pleased to get them on my birthday rather than having heard them already.

Mastodon are booked on 'Later With Jools Holland' on October 17th according to Metal Hammer:

Our current coverstars will follow in the footsteps of Metallica by making an appearance on the BBC

also....

was the world really crying out for a Coal Chamber reunion?

zRiC6oqKiC0A0yvHbp2v6pw2lC9KC01Euf20kMskQkPYPwVQ5mVjQeM4IXYpe_aA.jpg

That has got to the most shocking promo-photo of a band Ive ever seen:

* A massive red backdrop, for some reason

* Kid on the right looks about 13 years old, and is looking at Dez with gay-thoughts

* guy on the left is doing that head slant thing that every fucking nu-metaler used to do

* Dez wearing a Christian string-shirt circa 2001 looks like hes watching a fly go by

* Didnt even get the yellow pages out for the midget woman to stand on

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

yeh i dunno if anyone noticed the sarcasm in my original post....

I owned the first album, and being a 15 year old nu-metaller, i loved it...i didnt realise the crapness of it till later on.

Coal Chamber were fucking terrible, i aint sure why this has happened. Coal Chamber turned into a bit of a laughing stock and people never though Dez Fafara would have any kind of musical credibility but he pulled it off with Devildriver, not sure why he would want to go back.

Having said that! I bet they'd be great to see in a club.

Mastodon on Jools? Fantastic.

And I really don't agree with that list of the worst. "Slang" is one of Def Leppard's best in my opinion, "Load" and "Reload" had crap on them but also some good tunes, same with "Fear of the Dark" and Motley Crue's self titled is fantastic.

"Music from the Elder" is fucking shite though.

• Paid Members
the top 10 worst metal albums of all time (according to Yahoo)

here

agree?

Before I scrolled down I knew it would have Load/Reload and Chinese Democracy in there. It's what all the "cool" kids would say.

Plus, Fear Of The Dark and Bark At The Moon on there too. Fuck right off.