R4 card for Nintendo DS

CruX

Top of my sons Christmas list this year is a R4 card to back his games up. I've looked up on dealxtreme and I am not sure which on to get.

He's got tons of games but because he lost one while staying at mine my ex wife will only let him bring one game which bores him greatly and interstingly he always ends up borrowing his brothers here and going home with them. He's mentioned an R4 his mate has and he says he can get all of his games on one card. If this is the case then I don't mind getting him it for Christmas.

Over to you top notch gamers out there to educate me. Preferably with links to where I can bang one of these in a shoping basket and be done with it.

Top of my sons Christmas list this year is a R4 card to back his games up.

Whatever you say. No-one's judging.

I have this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401~r.38169720

Good price, still working one year on, no compatability issues. Top.

lol. To be fair he has ALL the latest games. Will have a look now. Ta.

EDIT> Do I need anything else?

Top of my sons Christmas list this year is a R4 card to back his games up.

Whatever you say. No-one's judging.

I have this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401~r.38169720

Good price, still working one year on, no compatability issues. Top.

lol. To be fair he has ALL the latest games. Will have a look now. Ta.

EDIT> Do I need anything else?

You'll need to download and install the OS. Easy to Google, really. Otherwise, you're all set.

Get an NDSTT.

Does the same as an R4, does new HDSD cards without the need to buy a fake, you can make your own skin it does cheat codes, and the OS is regularly updated.

Could you point me in the right direction?

There's been a lot of grumbling about R4's lately, lack of firmware updates or something. I haven't got one so I didn't really pay a massive amount of attention, but I remember thinking there was a time when the R4 was the tool of choice for DS owners and now it seems it's been dying a slow death over the last few months. My Edge card seems to have been getting less and less useful lately as well, might be time to look into getting an Acekard which I hear are now the best ones to look out for.

PS. ukfan11, well done on your avatar!

Get an NDSTT.

Does the same as an R4, does new HDSD cards without the need to buy a fake, you can make your own skin it does cheat codes, and the OS is regularly updated.

Could you point me in the right direction?

http://www.ndstt.com/

failing that, try Ebay, plenty on there, check the anti fake page on the above site to make sure you're getting the real deal.

Get your ex-wife this

bitch-slap.jpg

Given the fact I was arrested in the early stages of our divorce because she accused me of assaulting her several times, actually doing it might be a bad thing, anyway I start work as a bus driver tomorrow and it would be bad luck if she were to end up under the front wheels.

• Paid Members

I can see attempting to limit the time a child spends playing on their DS as fairly responsible parenting, but where's the sense in limiting him to one game? What a bizarre rule. Presumably it will discourage him from playing for too long due to sheer boredom, but that's a bit of an ass-backwards way to achieve moderation.

"Sure, play your DS for as long as you want, but I'll start jabbing you in the eye after thirty minutes".

Let me know where the bus accident is to take place and I'll totally testify that she came out of nowhere.

Archived