General politics discussion thread

David

Exactly, he was there, can't stop that, I just hope he's not on board as an organiser or suchlike.

Absoloutely, can you imagine if the creators of the EDL all had links to far right organisations?

It wouldn't be the peaceful food labelling lobby group we see and love today, that's for sure.

Exactly, he was there, can't stop that, I just hope he's not on board as an organiser or suchlike.

1.jpg

That's him on Sunday with Paul Prodromou aka Paul Pitt the Essex organiser. Doesn't mean that he is anything official of course but seems a bit pally.

Mickey, what do you know of Alternative Action and their anti-Sharia law stance? I'd never heard of them but read about them on this Richard Bartholemew blog Sounds like your kind of thing.

AA brings together a number of

Also, it's nice to see the group already starting to splinter into different smaller cells.

I know there was alot of controversy a little while back when the EDL facebook page got taken over by disgruntled members calling for tommy to explain where the cash from the help for heroes campaign they'd run went. (For comparison, it was all a bit 1PW, money going missing, appalled people who'd put their cash in, Tommy robinson playing the role of dann and not answering for ages etc etc). Good to see some people turning away from it, shows great character.

This screencap from Facebook might amuse you.

They have all been offered council housing by the local council but refused.

They've been given time to do their travelling thang and travel on, but refused.

The whole thing has been a massive case of call-my-bluff. They never got planning permission (obviously, just look at where the site is and the density they've built) so just reckoned they could break the law and get away with it. Laws should apply to everyone, we can't just choose which ones we think apply to us.

The counter to that point is that travellers pretty much never get planning permission.

And the government has told councils to do things to let travellers settle down, but they simply don't bother.

It's all very well saying they don't have planning permission so they should never have done it, but that means they'll never get to settle, which means they'll remain on the road repeatedly getting moved on, which means the crime and lack of education associated with travelling communities is more likely to remain at current levels.

I really don't think it's quite as simpe as you're suggesting loki, that's why so many protesters are down there, it's why amnesty international has taken an interest, and so on and so forth.