Best MMA Fighter of 2008

tiger_rick

Best MMA Fighter of 2008?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Im surprised that Big Nog, Mir, Fedor & Bisping aren't on there, but surely this is a straight fight between A.Silva and GSP. It was a tough call but for sheer dominance I went for Silva...

Anderson Silva for me, 3 wins and all inside the distance (even if one was the Cote fight). To be honest I find it pretty ludicrous that Miguel Torres hasn't made the shortlist (especially as you have Thiago Silva :confused:)as 3 fights for the year, and he finished everyone he faced, and one of those was the incredible fight against Maeda. Had GSP finished Fitch, I may well have gone for him over Silva, but it is a pretty sorry state of affairs if Lesnar wins this.

Edited by Magnum Milano

I went for GSP. He looks damn near unbeatable and he's been exciting in every fight. He's incredibly charismatic too, and has a way cool entrance with his Karate Kid gimmick and all. I can't wait to see him kick the crap out of that fat Hawaian.

• Paid Members
I like Lesnar, but how can he win when he lost a fight? :confused: Are people retarded? Judging by the voting: YES.

Hey, it's the same mindset people have when they only vote for WWE guys on this forum; they don't really know much else. Despite MMA's popularity on here, most people will only know the big-name pro-wrestler.

It's annoying, but there it is.

• Paid Members
I like Lesnar, but how can he win when he lost a fight? :confused: Are people retarded? Judging by the voting: YES.

Yep, definitely. If you look at the nomination stage someone posted something along the lines of 'I don't watch it so I'll nominate Brock Lesnar'. I ignored that nomination but I can't stop people voting.

If you don't watch enough MMA to judge, don't vote!!

• Paid Members

Yep, definitely. If you look at the nomination stage someone posted something along the lines of 'I don't watch it so I'll nominate Brock Lesnar'. I ignored that nomination but I can't stop people voting.

If you don't watch enough MMA to judge, don't vote!!

Exactly - surely the logical starting criterion should be that you didn't lose a fight in 2008 - then it's subjective after that is met! The title isn't "who is your favourite MMA fighter?", FFS.