New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I think it's about time. They've kind of run their course. I'll miss Rory, I think Darvill's become an excellent supporting actor and a really good foil for Smith and Gillan. It could've become a tiresome dynamic, but it's actually been rather fun. I like the Tardis being a bit more full.

I don't imagine for a second that there's a chance of this happening, but if they want to go for another Doctor+female+male setup, Meera Syal and John Barrowman aren't doing much else these days, are they? I'd love them to be brave enough to have a Tardis free of female eye candy.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bit more from Moffat

She's funny and clever and exactly mad enough to step on board the TARDIS.

"It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now. Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy meets girl."

After the initial eight episodes in 2013, there will be more later in the year – exactly how many is still under wraps. Matt Smith is contracted for all the 2013 episodes.

Edited by iamtheman

I like the way Moffat reacts to complaints that he isn't any good at writing females by hiring another young obviously attractive actress. On paper it looks like rather safe and conventional casting but you get a sense from what he's suggested that the power balance between Doctor and companion might shift a little, with him following her. I don't have as much faith in Moffat as most people, in fact I find that most of the complaints people had against RTD are more true for Moffat but are conveninantly forgotten by a large proportion of the fanbase, but its obvious that he can write interesting characters. What he says about her being a mystery to the Doctor makes me think he's going to borrow the Buffy sister storyline from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I'm not too sure will work given that we've already had River Song but its silly to read that much into what's been said anyway.

My bets are on her playing either a younger Melody Pond, or his daughter from 'The Doctors Daughter' episode

Nah, the Melody Pond storyline has been pretty exhausted, The Doctors Daughter wont be back for a LONG time IMO. Its possible she could be an older version of the girl in the Christmas episode (think the Doctor says something about her, I'll have to rewatch)