New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Stupid as it sounds, the only thing I couldn't get my head around last weeks ep. Was when they tried to make James Cordon into a new cyberleader. "No way a cyberman torso can fit over that fat bastard" I thought.

But reading some of the theories, I'm going with the two doctors one, I kept thinking the rubix cube was some clue to something

I think we're going to find out that there's been 2 doctors this whole back six. 1 with the trenchcoat and one with the tweed jacket, alternating episodes.

River Song sees the Doctor killed by the astronaut, which means that she would have known that it was her in the suit.

Ah well my head will explode. I hope they round off all the edges in the finale.

As for anyone saying this has looked cheap and has been shit, The Girl who waited and the God Complex were fantastic episodes, clever and packed full of great acting. Smith is sensational in every way as the Doctor.

• Paid Members

I hear that alot, "Dr Who looks cheap", and i just dont get it to be honest. When the series first started back up with Christopher Eccleston, it looks cheap-er, but far far away from the old school cheap-ness of Dr Who.

The show has improved each series until , (IMPO), the final David tennant epidsodes which looked amazing, with the following new doctors 2 series being fantastic in production value.

I agree some parts (Like just kicking a cyberman in the shin to escape) are a bit hit and miss, but its far from cheap!

Also, i actually cannot wait for this weekend!

• Paid Members

To all these Two Doctors theories then, that means two Tardis's as well? Also, two Rory & Amys as well.

Also the phrase to River Song about The Silence being her "owners" would this be significant?

To all these Two Doctors theories then, that means two Tardis's as well? Also, two Rory & Amys as well.

Also the phrase to River Song about The Silence being her "owners" would this be significant?

I suppose you could say that one Doctor always hid in the TARDIS it has 1000's of rooms inside it so it would be possible that only one came out at a time and Rory and Amy never knew.

The second dr, presumably that'd be the one from the start of this (or possibly last) series, with the flesh stuff out the vat which made a second dr. Certainly seems plausable that he managed to escape being as clever as the dr and stuff.

I was thinking a ganger to even if that one didn't survive it's possible that The Doctor made another Ganger Doctor after Amy let it slip he was going to die so he knew he made need a "backup" even if he didn't have time then there must be more "flesh" somewhere what he could of used or even gone back in time a bit and used that "flesh"

Edited by Smeg_&_The_Heads

I'm thinking back to the film The Prestige (spoilers I guess) where the twins lived one life, even down to one cutting his finger off when the other lost his in an accident so as not to drop the illusion. Doctor knows he is dying, doctor concocts the plan to have a second doctor to even his odds but to not give the game away they co-exist as one, the other hiding off. I guess we're going to find out this weekend one way or another :)

River Song sees the Doctor killed by the astronaut, which means that she would have known that it was her in the suit.

Presumably she forgot because of the Silence or something. Although I think she kinda figures it after shooting the person.

I hear that alot, "Dr Who looks cheap", and i just dont get it to be honest. When the series first started back up with Christopher Eccleston, it looks cheap-er, but far far away from the old school cheap-ness of Dr Who.

To be entirely honest I mostly used the word cheap because it sounded better than dreary. Although there was one use of the TARDIS corridor in the first finale that was so lazy the cheapness was exposed. They were on the back foot because the corridor looked too extravagant to hide easily anyway but they literally just decided "hey, if we shoot it darker it'll be fine". Not thatthey haven't reused sets before, but I certainly seem to remember them hiding it a bit better than that. And of course, what does a corridor matter? But it does show A) the smaller budget adn B) a lack of concern about hiding it.

But yeah, I think its more looked dreary at points. But that sounds harsher and I'm trying not to be.

The whole apple/rubik's cube could just be a red herring, thrown in there because people picked up on the whole sleeve thing in the last series. I certainly agree that's it's not a ganger because of the regenerating.

As River can regenerate, maybe she somehow regenerates into the form of The Doctor then shoots herself, not knowing it's a future version of herself, hence she thinks she's shot 'The greatest man she ever knew', but she's actually shot a version of herself from way into the future.

Or something.

• Paid Members
That questions been asked a lot though. Not to say it wont be, but you know...

Asked a lot, never answered, which fits rather nicely with the idea of silence falling when it's asked again. Unfortunately, that doesn't really bring many clues as to the why and how, but hey, we'll get all that on Saturday.

I don't buy the Ganger Doctor theory. When shot the Doctor goes to regenerate. Not sure a flesh could do this.

Remember at the start of 'The Almost People' when the Ganger Doctor first popped out and was babbling lines from former Doctors? The non-flesh Doctor said it was coming to terms with "our former selves", which illustrates rather nicely that the Flesh can and will take on the implications, and thus presumably the ability, of regeneration. Plus they invested a lot of time in those episodes having the Doctor insisting that Gangers were completely legitimate life forms.

On the flipside, however, if they were to explore the idea of Gangers not being quite the real thing, there could be another way in - perhaps Gangers can't take on the aspect of being unkillable during the first 16 hours of the regeneration cycle, hence why the Astronaut would be able to kill a Ganger Doctor mid-regeneration.

There are many routes open. I almost hope it isn't a Ganger Doctor that gets killed now that everyone and their dog has called it, but if it's not, I haven't got a bloody clue what's going to happen.