New Doctor Who

stewdogg

We wont see what was in it and nor should we. I like the mystery behind that. Its like his name. I like the fact we don't know what he's truely frightened of.

I havn't seen the episode but know vaguely what happens. When he opened the door didn't the cloister bell sound, which is only sound during Universe / Time ending super threats?

Yep. Who knows what it could be, but I reckon it could be perhaps the evil side of the Doctor (ie the Dream Lord) taking over his body and mutilating his TARDIS...or something.

The Valeyard is The Evil Doctor and he may still turn into him at some point (The Dream Lord may be The Valeyard)

I do think The Doctor is afraid of himself and what he can and sometimes has to do.

Maybe the reason he got rod of Amy and Rory is he saw them die and knows with his past if they stick with him long enough sooner or later they will or something will happen to them.

Edited by Smeg_&_The_Heads

We wont see what was in it and nor should we. I like the mystery behind that. Its like his name. I like the fact we don't know what he's truely frightened of.

I havn't seen the episode but know vaguely what happens. When he opened the door didn't the cloister bell sound, which is only sound during Universe / Time ending super threats?

Yep. Who knows what it could be, but I reckon it could be perhaps the evil side of the Doctor (ie the Dream Lord) taking over his body and mutilating his TARDIS...or something.

I've seen the episode. I thought his fear was a vague fear of the cloister bell, but obviously when he muttered "it would be you" its clear it something specific.

Maybe we will never know, but I think the fear of himself is a pretty good one. Its reminds me of the Water Of Mars episode where he almost "turns heel" right at the end, only to learn of the dire consequences.

The impressions I've got from past episodes is that the Doctor NEEDS a companion to balance him out, as otherwise the temptation to become a arrogant all powerful God figure is far too tempting.

I always get confused when people say the Doctor weaponizes his companions, he though taking them on a sightseeing tour of the galaxy and time shows them how to fight back against whatever threat is posed to them, he doesn't want them to fight, but by travelling with him they see it a sacrifice worth making?

The Doctor must realise that ALL humans eventually die, its the ride between cot and coffin that matters. By him not taking them along they live longer, but was it as much fun, was it worth it? I mean just because they don't travel with him doesn't mean the darleks, cybermen, seadevils or whatever won't kill them anyway..

Also the whole losing faith in the Doctor was done before with Ace and the McCoy doctor.

Was Ponds' Faith in the Doctor true faith? Pond knows the Doctor is smart and can come up with solutions with any problems, not like a thing "luck" or "god" the Doctor is corporeal and can effect the real world.

Except he leads people who never go in his TARDIS to their death. I think the argument that he manipulates others into being weapons for him is a pretty fair one. Countless people over the series have died because the Doctor has persuaded them to fight. He pretty much makes most people who assist him fight a holy war, in that they believe and die for him.

I don't doubt that the person behin the door was The Doctor. What's more interesting is what it is the Doctor believes in. I wouldn't have thought its Amy or any other companions really. Of course, they should never tell us, but its a nice change from when Tennant had nothing to live for.

Does any one notice that the Doctor ate an apple? He hates apples? Loves Fish Fingers and Custard.

in The Eleventh Hour when he was trying out all the food at the Pond's, he ate an apple and spat it out because it was disgusting due to the new mouth and new tastes. But here he ate an apple and seemed fine with it.

Edited by rohpete

• Paid Members
Does any one notice that the Doctor ate an apple? He hates apples? Loves Fish Fingers and Custard.

in The Eleventh Hour when he was trying out all the food at the Pond's, he ate an apple and spat it out because it was disgusting due to the new mouth and new tastes. But here he ate an apple and seemed fine with it.

Maybe the regeneration process temporarily fucked up his taste buds? I haven't seen him eat fish fingers and custard since then!

Maybe the regeneration process temporarily fucked up his taste buds? I haven't seen him eat fish fingers and custard since then!

Just thought it was strange to have him eat a apple prob me just thinking to much into it

• Paid Members

Someone maybe able to expand on this, but I have a feeling he did. I really can't quite place it, was he ill in an episode or nearly dying?

Has anyone tried fish fingers and custard?

Someone maybe able to expand on this, but I have a feeling he did. I really can't quite place it, was he ill in an episode or nearly dying?

Has anyone tried fish fingers and custard?

It was referenced again in "Let's Kill Hitler", the automated response hologram took little Amy's form and to give him some hope said "Fish Fingers and Custard". It's not confirmed if he had a bowlful afterwards but I'd wager he didn't.