[Nominations] Best Wrestler of 2007

tiger_rick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Can someone justify the inclusion of Edge? I'm not particularly arguing, but aside from the tag match at NYR and the Backlash main event, I'm struggling to remember anything else he's done. The Armageddon match was enjoyable, but he was barely part of it. Other than that, all I have is the big bump from WM, the horrible MITB rehash and the awesome promo when he relinquished the World title. Anyone refresh my memory?

• Paid Members

Can someone justify the inclusion of Edge? I'm not particularly arguing, but aside from the tag match at NYR and the Backlash main event, I'm struggling to remember anything else he's done. The Armageddon match was enjoyable, but he was barely part of it. Other than that, all I have is the big bump from WM, the horrible MITB rehash and the awesome promo when he relinquished the World title. Anyone refresh my memory?

I personally don't feel he's a particuarly strong contender for Best Wrestler of 2007, but i'm not amazed that he's recieved a few votes. He did have a nice little match with Orton on Raw, had a surprisingly hot MITB qualification match with RVD that seemed to inject a bit of life back into Van Dam. He was the best man in MITB itself. Had some decent, if unspectacular encounters with Big 'Tista even if it the fued was tremendously average.Nowhere near as good as what he's capable of. Although, we havn't seen that for a long while. I'd imagine he's recieving votes more for a lack of outstanding contenders and that none of his matches were ever particuarly bad. The NYR match was wank though.