Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Question to anyone who's familiar with Benoit's history: Was he religious?The bibles thing bugs me. If he was a devout Christian then fine, but it seems odd if he's not. And there was no mention of a bible found near his own body... a clue to his mental state?

I don't know if he was religious or not, however, by leaving a bible beside his wife and kid and not himself, perhaps he was indicating that they both deserve to go to Heaven or something...?
Or simply that they were both religious and he wasn't?

Question to anyone who's familiar with Benoit's history: Was he religious?The bibles thing bugs me. If he was a devout Christian then fine, but it seems odd if he's not. And there was no mention of a bible found near his own body... a clue to his mental state?

I don't know if he was religious or not, however, by leaving a bible beside his wife and kid and not himself, perhaps he was indicating that they both deserve to go to Heaven or something...?
Yeah, something like that. And by excluding a bible from his own body indicating that he deserves to go to hell.But why I'm interested is because it's an odd thing to do for someone who doesn't believe in religion, which is why I was asking the question.

Check out the picture used on the ABC website. It's like they deliberately chose the creepiest one possible:fm_benoit_070626_ms.jpg

I saw that on earlier, and my first thought was that that's going to be the lead image on all the other news sites before long. It has a certain 'Sid & Nancy' iconic quality to it, and makes Benoit look absolutely psychotic.

DANIEL BENOIT HAD NEEDLE MARKS IN ARM, HAD BEEN TAKING GROWTH HORMONE

By: Bob Ryder

6/26/2007 7:01:25 PM

The story keeps getting more and more bizarre. In an interview with ESPN.com, District Attorney Scott Ballard reveals needle marks were found on the arms of Daniel Benoit and he had been injected with growth hormones because "the family considered him undersized".

Read the ESPN.com story

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2917133

Is it me or are comments about how Benoit will be having matches with Eddie or other dead wrestlers in heaven just flat out weird? :confused:

Nah, just typical 'culture speak'. No different from dead racers chasing angels or musicians serenading angels or whatever. In some ways it makes perfect sense: Wrestling's about SIMULATING violence, not actual violence, so its heaven's perfect sport. Just as much fun, no worrying sins involved. Especially since you can't get injured in heaven so there'll be no drugs problem...OK, I'm taking this too far. Edited by edgecrusher

I think what everyone is forgetting here is that Benoit has left behind 2 kids that will have to live with the consequences of his actions forever....not too mention the rest of his family/friends. Can some of you not even take into consideration that none of this is about US (the WWE fans) and whatever we're supposedly going through is nothing compared to what those close to him are going through! No matter what he did he's still someone's dad/son/brother etc. etc. The other thing I'd like to mention is we know NOTHING of Benoit's personal life....none of us knew him the way his family and friends did. And at the end of the day none of us were fans of Chris Benoit the individual, we were fans because of his WRESTLING ABILITY. Chris Benoit the performer and Chris Benoit the person are 2 totally different people and what he's done does not in the slightest change his wrestling achievements.Now I know to some people this will look like me defending Benoit or whatever. Im choosing not to defend or condemn him, none of us will ever really know what happened and what went on in his head. If this was Joe Bloggs none of us would really have cared, its the fact we feel we know him, went we dont.

Oh and have just read this....WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit

I've only just thought of something else - WWE pulling all of Benoit's merchandise is only hurting his kids in the long run isn't it? They won't be getting royalties from it and at the end of the day it wasn't their fault at all!

In an interview with ESPN.com, Fayetteville, Georgia District Attorney Scott Ballard revealed new information on two text messages that Chris Benoit sent to Chavo Guerrero over the weekend. In the first message, Benoit told Guerrero that Nancy and Daniel Benoit were both sick. It is believed that Benoit sent this message after he had already killed both Nancy and Daniel. In the second message, Benoit told Guerrero that the gates to his house were open and that dogs were outside. It is believed that he sent the second message as a way of making sure the bodies were all found after his suicide. Even more shocking is that Benoit's son, Daniel, was apparently found with needle marks in his arm. According to Ballard, the boy was being given Human Growth Hormones because the family thought he was undersized.

I got that from 411.

The growth hormone thing may be innocent as my friend has been having them for years having suffered cancer as a child. He was always undersized and never really started puberty until he had the injections. Its very possible that they were medically performed under instructions of doctors.