Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

PWTorch.com has learned that one major media entity has received an email purporting to be from a friend of the Chris Benoit extended family saying that Benoit accidentally killed his wife in a domestic argument, then panicked and killed his son later so his son could be with his mother rather than grow up without a mom and knowing his father as a murderer.

We know the who and where, but not the why. There has to be a reason why. I can't believe someone like this can just snap enough to kill their own child.

We know the who and where, but not the why. There has to be a reason why. I can't believe someone like this can just snap enough to kill their own child.

Is there any news on whether he left a note or not?

• Paid Members

Why is it so 'moronic' as another poster put it to, to question the act as being Nancy's responsibility?

It isn't. You've misunderstood. Philjax condemned all other posters for possibly believing that Benoit may have commited murder and homicide as morons. Despite evidence supposedly supporting this as the most likely occurence. Yet, he then goes on to suggest that it's 'far more likely' Nancy made an act of homicide first, with no real reasoning behind it. I'm not ruling out that as a possibility. Frankly, i don't even want to speculate as to what happened. I've got no problem with people having a bit of faith and belief in someone and fairplay to you if you're justified in your support for Benoit. But, Phil slated other posters for believing that what has been reported may be possibly be true yet, makes an unjust accusation himself. That's what's moronic.

I find this all too distasteful to stick around for to be honest.So many people seem to be too busy playing amateur detective, rather than having any kind of sympathy for the psychological reasons behind why it happened, and what it means for those left behind. Not that anyone will pay attention to this, because it's just not as fun as being Sherlock Holmes is it?

I think that's the point that everyone is missing here, something tipped him over the edge.We've seen how much Chris Benoit loved the business, how much he loved the fans and the things he did for his colleagues. He was being used to bring rougher talent up to the levels they should be at, by going to ECW. For everyone who sees this as black and white, it really isn't. SOMETHING or SOMEONE tipped Chris Benoit over the edge, of that I'm pretty sure. Chris had a blemish free record, you didn't see him acting the way that many in the business do and he was a hard worker. I'm struggling with the idea that Chris, without provocation or reason, suddenly decided to phone it in for Vengeance and kill his family for the hell of it. You don't suddenly become a murderer overnight without some kind of trigger. There are people out there ready to damn him straight off the bat, making others feel guilty for mourning him but not me or anyone else here will know the truth of what happened in the final hours of the Benoit family. We won't know what was said between him and Nancy, or what happened to start this off. Why is it so 'moronic' as another poster put it to, to question the act as being Nancy's responsibility?

oh and definitely.....

The only truly innocent and most tragic part of this, is the death of Daniel who was a child caught in the middle and those family members left to pick up the pieces for the children left behind.

Well I've read some things on message boards that have strayed onto this territory but nothing that pisses me off quite as much as this. Yeah because it would be Nancy's responsibility if she'd done to "start this off" and an innocent child had got caught in the cross fire after he'd been driven to strangle his wife. Reminds me of the News of the World witch hunt peice on Sunday which had a lovely piece trying imply it was some poor women's responsibility that her husband jumped off a balcony and killed their child because she might of had an affair. Let's get this straight - whatever provocation there might have been that is no excuse for killing someone.To be brutally honest - and having followed and loved Benoit's career since '93 right through to being in MSG for WM20 - some of the head in sand stuff because he was a good wrestler is shocking. I know we British love to excuse anyone with a bit of talent wife beating, violent behaviour and beast like behaviour (step forward Gazza, Best, Higgins, Milligan, Sellars etc, etc) but fuck all this.The police have told the AP he has murdered his wife and child and then killed himself. That makes him a serial killer.The only thing that is speculation is whether he's actually the second WWF wrestler to kill a women in the McMahon era. And I don't think Benoit would have got away with playing the foireigner card at the police station.What a bastard of a day. Another hero lost. This one no-longer a hero.P.S. On that report about his texts - according to the Fox/AP report they were made early on Sunday morning. Edited by twelve_grand

PWTorch.com has learned that one major media entity has received an email purporting to be from a friend of the Chris Benoit extended family saying that Benoit accidentally killed his wife in a domestic argument, then panicked and killed his son later so his son could be with his mother rather than grow up without a mom and knowing his father as a murderer.

This seems to be the most plausible theory I've seen so far. Who knows how one's mental state would be affected by accidentally killing your wife, or what twisted logic one might use? I just don't know what to make of it.

Where's that on the Torch site? I can't see it.

• Paid Members

One thing that is really apparent in my mind is, the way that, you can watch someone for years and years and because of that, it feels like you know what they are like, what they are capable of and what they are not capable of, but, then in reality, you don't know as much about the person as you think you did, if anything at all. I think we can all agree that he was a great wrestler regardless. But of course, at this moment, wrestling doesn't matter, it's not important. I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe it's possible to completely condemn him killing his wife and kid (that's the saddest saddest bit of all this :(, I don't know what causes someone to kill their own child), but to also remember and appreciate him as a great wrestler who brought us lots of entertainment. I know it's true for me that, at the moment, I've got both of those things in my head, and it's just really hard to comprehend it all.

Where's that on the Torch site? I can't see it.
Clicky!

The reception of certain members of the public of this news story is disgusting really. I've lost count of the amount of times so called friends of mine have laughed about this an said "They'll all come back at wrestlemania next year etc..." just because he's a wrestler doesn't take away from the fact that this is a very tragic event. I'm almost waiting for Chris Moyles' little outburst on this one.