Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

CD's, DVD's etc is a very common mistake people make, but careless nontheless. Same as people getting mixed up when there should or should not be an apostrophie in 'its'. I'll use the example from the website Lister linked to:"the bone is in its mouth" NOT "the bone is in it's mouth"

from Meltzer-Moolah and Mae Young didn't realize it was Chris Benoit who had passed away for quite a while. They were both at Raw on 6/23 to be part of the Vince funeral show. Moolah was in the bathroom when everyone was called to the ring. Mae was out there, but at 83, her hearing is bad. When Moolah came out to find everyone freaked out, she went to Mae to find out what happened, and Mae told her that Christian had died and both didn't ask any questions for some time."-Italia 1 is largely a network for kids, and thus felt obligated to cancel SD.- Kurt Angle never failed a drug test for painkillers. His failure was for testing positive for deca with an expired prescription.- Astin had Benoit's chart with him when the first raid started. This looks very bad for him since the police are fairly sure he was trying to tamper with it.- Nobody's sure why Ballard said Daniel was almost a dwarf.- David Benoit, the older son, looked similar to Daniel at the same age.- In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed he went after her with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped.- The Nancy/Heavy Metal incident (Meltzer doesn't name Metal) where he held her hostage in his hotel room and bit her led to major problems between AAA and WCW.- A friend of Chris's noted that while it's probably grasping at straws, he was addicted to caffeine to a freakish degree a few years ago. Dave then goes into the weirdness of caffeine withdrawal symptoms.- For whatever reason, ART in Arabic-speaking countries aired the tribute show on 6/29 with the announcers heavily praising Benoit. - Meltzer stated that the Police Department believes (but are not absolutely certain) that the argument between Nancy and Chris Benoit that resulted in Nancy Benoit's murder was the result of Nancy telling Chris she was leaving him. - Apparently Benoit actually spoke to next door neighbor Holly McFague sometime on Saturday, after the killing of Nancy Benoit, but before the killing of Daniel Benoit. - Benoit gave McFague a cover story of how sick Nancy and Daniel Benoit were (the same story that was reported in the phone calls to WWE workers). McFague has previously been reported by many sources as the person who actually led police into the Benoit property and first discovered the bodies of all three Benoits. - Benoit also spoke to a pool boy (not named) during that period on Saturday. Meltzer reports that multiple sources have stated that this pool boy saw both Chris and Daniel Benoit. One of those sources claim the two were swimming in the Benoit pool. - Meltzer also outlined the events of the day Chris Benoit that murdered Nancy Benoit where Benoit drove to Dr. Phil Astin's office 50 miles from his house, followed by a return trip to a restaurant before stopping a a GNC store and then presumably home where the argument took place that triggered the chain of events that resulted in the deaths of three people and a wrestling world that will be shaken for a long, long time

• Paid Members

- In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed he went after her with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped.

Blimey, I guess Sullivan wouldnt call the police if she was just holding it.

- The Nancy/Heavy Metal incident (Meltzer doesn't name Metal) where he held her hostage in his hotel room and bit her led to major problems between AAA and WCW.

Whats the story behind this? When was it?

- In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed he went after her with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped.

Blimey, I guess Sullivan wouldnt call the police if she was just holding it.

- The Nancy/Heavy Metal incident (Meltzer doesn't name Metal) where he held her hostage in his hotel room and bit her led to major problems between AAA and WCW.

Whats the story behind this? When was it?
I read this in an autobiography once but cant for the life on me remember which one. Generally she turned up at someone else's hotel room door with her clothes ripped and pouring blood from been bitten by metal. The AAA WCW relationship was never the same again.

And yes, it should read "In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed she went after him with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped."The story w/ Nancy and Heavy Metal as told by Jose Fernandez:

This happened around summer of 1996.There was this dude called John Arezzi who hosted a radio show and did some promoting. He promoted a AAA tour around the US and insisted on using Woman as a manager for Psicosis, because he used to be in love with her. Konnan was booking Baja California, and since he was friends with Woman (from ECW), he got her to do a small tour around Tijuana, Mexicali...After a Tijuana (I think) show everybody went back to their rooms. The TJ guys just stayed at home, Konnan shared a room with his buddies and Woman had her own room. Very late (in the midnight) somebody started screaming and pounding hard on Konnan's door. He opened the door and it was a half naked Nancy Sullivan whose face was a mess. They let her in and she told them that she got high with Metal and they were about to fuck, but he was so fucking wasted that he couldn't get it up from all the shit he'd been doing all day. So... he started biting her ass realllly hard. She hit him in the face with something to get him off, he then hit her back and she just escaped as soon as she could.At the time Konnan was scared because he didn't want to get on Pe

And yes, it should read "In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed she went after him with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped."The story w/ Nancy and Heavy Metal as told by Jose Fernandez:

This happened around summer of 1996.There was this dude called John Arezzi who hosted a radio show and did some promoting. He promoted a AAA tour around the US and insisted on using Woman as a manager for Psicosis, because he used to be in love with her. Konnan was booking Baja California, and since he was friends with Woman (from ECW), he got her to do a small tour around Tijuana, Mexicali...After a Tijuana (I think) show everybody went back to their rooms. The TJ guys just stayed at home, Konnan shared a room with his buddies and Woman had her own room. Very late (in the midnight) somebody started screaming and pounding hard on Konnan's door. He opened the door and it was a half naked Nancy Sullivan whose face was a mess. They let her in and she told them that she got high with Metal and they were about to fuck, but he was so fucking wasted that he couldn't get it up from all the shit he'd been doing all day. So... he started biting her ass realllly hard. She hit him in the face with something to get him off, he then hit her back and she just escaped as soon as she could.At the time Konnan was scared because he didn't want to get on Pe

There are NO apostrophes in a plural, not ever. An apostrophe indicates posession, as in "Benoit's dead son" or "Benoit's syringe". For plurals, you just use an "s".The confusion comes in a plural possessive - so "the Benoits' funeral" is the funeral of all the Benoits. You put the apostrophe after the "s".So all you people who keep posting about "DVD's" are morons.

No they're not morons. "DVD's" is correct as a plural, because DVD is an abbreviation. The apostrophe therefore signifies in this instance that there are letters missing between the D and the S (in this case 'isc').So, for example:Compact Disc's is incorrect.CD's is correct.
If that's correct then surely it should be C'D's with the apostrophe between C and D to indicate the letters missing between them (ompact)?Maybe I'm just stupid though :bored:
Quite. You can use apostrophes to signify contraction , as in "it's" instead of "it is", where the apostrophe represents the missing "i" of "is", but "DVD's" is not a correct plural. It IS a common mistake, I've even seen it in DVD trade mags, but it is quite definitely wrong. Sorry!
It is correct, it should really be C.D.'s, I'm just lazy and drop the dots to signify the abbreviation.

• Paid Members

Compact Disc's > Belonging to Compact Disc. It's wrong. (as in it is wrong - it still doesn't mean that CD's is correct though)

Edited by tom

Guest Josh Jenkins

According to Wikipedia, on the Wrestlemania Anthology match listing for Wrestlemania XX, the main event is listed as Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. Am I the only one that finds it ridiculous that WWE are removing such important aspects from its history? I wouldn't be surprised if they digitally removed Benoit from the match for all future WMXX distributions.

Edited by Josh Jenkins