Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

As much as I like Edge he really does have the worst physique of any (non freakish as in Yokozuna) WWE Champion I have seen. When he returned from neck surgery in 2004 he was 'roided to the max. Massive shoulders and chest, big arms, and rock hard abs. Around about Eddie's death and his pectoral injury his physique disappeared completely. He is just lanky now and has all the hallmarks of a former steroid bodybuilder who stopped it all. I reckon he wears elbow pads just to disguise his really skinny arms. They are just soft and thin and look to have zero muscle in them. He is billed as being 240 lbs. Edge is lucky if he is 200lbs. Very lucky.However, I actually prefer seeing Edge in this shape. His ring performances are better I think and maybe that is because he is lugging less weight around. It also shows that even in the WWE good ring and promo skills can get you to the top without the build. Ironically Edge got the WWE Title after his body vanished. Quite the first. Lets hope we see more examples of this in the future.

Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts and a host of others are proof that non-roided wrestlers can get over and draw.

You have a strange definition of "non-roided."

Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts and a host of others are proof that non-roided wrestlers can get over and draw.

I'm talking about guys who are not 'roided up to the gills. Guys who's "Look" are not based apon their bodybuilder physiques. Wrestlers that look like wrestlers, not oiled-up muscle-beach dwellers.

Somebody's got waaay too much time on their hands.Actually, the shitty voiceover on those vids is English.... this site has to be the work of a UKFFer. But who?

I'm talking about guys who are not 'roided up to the gills. Guys who's "Look" are not based apon their bodybuilder physiques. Wrestlers that look like wrestlers, not oiled-up muscle-beach dwellers.
That still doesn't explain Ricky Steamboat.

That still doesn't explain Ricky Steamboat.
You think Ricky Steamboat looked like a massive roided up muscleman ??He was slim, lean and in great shape. I'm not saying he was all natural, but he got over based on being an unbelievable worker and a tremendous Babyface character.

• Paid Members

I cant believe there are people trying to argue against the fact that Vince likes to push the hell out of roided up monsters. People are picking 1 or 2 examples that go against the grain and think that means Vince only pushes regular guys. If people honestly cant see the difference between what Vince was pushin before the steroid trial, to what he was pushing during it, and what he went back to once the storm blew over, then Dirty Eddie - you might as well give up on this one.

• Paid Members

As much as I like Edge he really does have the worst physique of any (non freakish as in Yokozuna) WWE Champion I have seen. He is billed as being 240 lbs. Edge is lucky if he is 200lbs. Very lucky.

I'm interested in why you claim this. Edge is billed as 6ft 5. Bearing in mind that's a WWE provided statistic we have to take it with a pinch of salt but I would say it's fair to surmise Edge is at least 6ft 2/3. He's in decent shape and clearly has some muscle on his frame. Certainly enough to outweigh my 6ft 3, not overly muscular, 196 pound frame. And for the poster claiming that Steamboat wasn't roided to the gills I think you need to go and take another look at the man in his prime. EDIT - See the pic Simania posted. Edited by Miamivenis

I cant believe there are people trying to argue against the fact that Vince likes to push the hell out of roided up monsters. People are picking 1 or 2 examples that go against the grain and think that means Vince only pushes regular guys. If people honestly cant see the difference between what Vince was pushin before the steroid trial, to what he was pushing during it, and what he went back to once the storm blew over, then Dirty Eddie - you might as well give up on this one.

It pains me so, though!!Oh and good work (SiMania) picking out the pic of Steamboat tensing every muscle in his body for a WWF PROMO PHOTO!!Here he is pre-WWF, looking the way he did when he found fame and got over for being a great wrestler.Ricky_Steamboat_1984.jpgPhoto%203.jpg

• Paid Members

Oh and good work (SiMania) picking out the pic of Steamboat tensing every muscle in his body for a WWF PROMO PHOTO!!

In fairness - two of the pictures you posted for Jericho and Eddie were for WWE Promo Photo's too. Not that it makes your argument any less relevant, I just thought I would point it out.

Oh and good work (SiMania) picking out the pic of Steamboat tensing every muscle in his body for a WWF PROMO PHOTO!!

In fairness - two of the pictures you posted for Jericho and Eddie were for WWE Promo Photo's too. Not that it makes your argument any less relevant, I just thought I would point it out.
Every picture in that post was a promo photo, except the Rey pic in which he looked bigger.If anything That WWF Steamboat pic proves my point about WWF/E. He was in great shape (but a lot smaller) in his NWA days, went to WWF and got a lot bigger and more ripped, then in his WCW days ('92 onwards) he went back to looking athletic and toned, without the excess mass. Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

I don't know why they bother with an expensive scientific medical drug testing policy. It would be so much cheaper to just take a polaroid and put it on-line for internet forum posters to vote on whether people are on steroids.

I don't know why they bother with an expensive scientific medical drug testing policy. It would be so much cheaper to just take a polaroid and put it on-line for internet forum posters to vote on whether people are on steroids.

I appreciate that looking at pictures proves nothing, but it can help make a point. For the record I've not claimed than any of the guys I have mentioned are 100% clean, just that, when given main-event/upper-card time in WWE they have looked bigger than ever.I don't think you can argue that Eddie, Rey and Jericho all got noticeably bigger the higher up the card they were pushed in WWE, with Eddie and Jericho especially looking at least 15lbs heavier than when they were IC Champ level.I also don't think you can argue that the only people who felt they needed to get bigger were WWE Higher-Ups. The fans had already accepted them as talented guys worth cheering or boo'ing. If skinny, 200 pound Shawn Michaels, lanky Edge and flabby Ric Flair are credible as main-eventers, why did Jericho, Rey and Eddie need to get bigger to fit the role? Oh that's right, short people are pussies right, and all the fans would have turned off if they hadn't gotten bigger.