Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

It's time for wrestling to stop. It's ridiculous, it's leading to so many deaths and people are abusing their bodies. I know it's unfair to people like Calloway, Jacobs, Khali, Rock, Austin, people who are genuinely bodybuilding, but I'm sure they would rather give up wrestling than have more friends die from an enlarged heart. Wrestling is also creating a lot of bad rolemodels for children, and children shouldn't be brought up admiring these people.

Yes. And 3 people who I used to work with in a cinema all had cancer within a year, let's close down all cinemas too.

Sorry but thats a really naive opinion. It also reeks of positive spin. Do you think many people will be lining up to buy Benoit t-shirts and dvds after they've read what happened? No. The reason the WWE has taken him off their website is because they don't want to be labelled with Benoit. They want no association with him, and I can't blame them.It's time for wrestling to stop. It's ridiculous, it's leading to so many deaths and people are abusing their bodies. I know it's unfair to people like Calloway, Jacobs, Khali, Rock, Austin, people who are genuinely bodybuilding, but I'm sure they would rather give up wrestling than have more friends die from an enlarged heart. Wrestling is also creating a lot of bad rolemodels for children, and children shouldn't be brought up admiring these people.

I agree, wrestling should be banned entirely.My next door neighbour killed someone once, i'm thinking about proposing the abolition of next door neighbours. What do you think?!

• Moderators

Who knows though? The "Bizzare" circumstances are still to be revealed?

I'm pretty sure the bizarre part is the killing of his wife, presumably living normally for a day before killing his kid, then killing himself a day later. It wasn't some hair-trigger moment of rage, it was a three day lock in.

Have only just finished reading the news (including the limited info on Wikipedia) and I just can't believe it.To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!RIP Crippler, Woman and Daniel.

To pmy008 - please refrain from using the RIP eulogy for Benoit until he is acquitted of being a double murderer. RIP is a term of respect for people who have died. Surely you have no respect for someone who "apparently" murdered his wife and young child?
Actually I do as this is something that, as many people have said already, is completely out of character for him. If what is being said is true (and even if the police say it I will always have my doubts) then he must have been severely affected by something to do it and if that's the case then I still say rest in peace Benoit. I will feel sorry that he has been so affected by something that has led to him acting in such a way.But as I said, don't say anything for definite until it has been confirmed (as you seemed to be saying in your post). Once it has been confirmed by a coroner THEN you can start calling Benoit a double murderer and feel justified. As for me, I will feel sorry for the family, feel sorry for the fact that someone who brought a huge amount of enjoyment to my life in my late teens and early 20's through his wrestling was so affected by something that he acted in such a way and sorry that it affected his wife and son. And I will be damned if I agree with anyone that can't be arsed to see beyond this 1 thing and decide that that is how they will think of Benoit from now on!

• Paid Members

i assume for a man with the strength of someone like benoit it could and propbably is a horrible accident that he strangled his wife after all u dont have to just die of lack of oxygen he could have accidently broke her neck. but consumed with guilt and full of panic ends up killing his son is also belivable. not making excuses for the guy what he did was terrible but id hardly say it was a cold blooded murder. my condolences to the rest of their family chris will be missed by many

'They are doing the right thing there. They know that Benoit merchandise would proabably sell very well right now but they don't want to be seen to be making any profit from this situation.'Sorry but thats a really naive opinion. It also reeks of positive spin. Do you think many people will be lining up to buy Benoit t-shirts and dvds after they've read what happened? No. The reason the WWE has taken him off their website is because they don't want to be labelled with Benoit. They want no association with him, and I can't blame them.It's time for wrestling to stop. It's ridiculous, it's leading to so many deaths and people are abusing their bodies. I know it's unfair to people like Calloway, Jacobs, Khali, Rock, Austin, people who are genuinely bodybuilding, but I'm sure they would rather give up wrestling than have more friends die from an enlarged heart. Wrestling is also creating a lot of bad rolemodels for children, and children shouldn't be brought up admiring these people.

lol nice one. You are calling my opinion naive. Why then did a Benoit signed action figure on the official wwe auction site, which had no interest last night, suddenly have dozens of bids for it come this afternoon with a top price of $305 before it was pulled. Compare that to the others up for auction right now.If you believe the wrestlers you have quoted in your post have NOT used performance enhancing drugs you need a trip to Optical Express.Whilst we ban wrestling lets also ban football because they clearly can't handle the limelight or pressure and love a good drink. Hell Gerodie Best wouldn't have died if he hadn't kicked a ball.

• Paid Members

If the reports were that Nancy was hit over the head with a blunt object, then maybe you could argue for an accident. Maybe the was an argument and he lost his temper and lashed out. Didnt mean to hit her but he did. Or maybe he pushed her and she tripped and banged her head on a table, that another accident. But the reports say that Nancy was strangled, therefore it wasnt an accident. You dont strangle or suffocate someone by accident. You could say that he saw red and was blindly by rage, claim temporary insanity and that he didnt know what he was doing til it was over, but it was no accident. People need to get that into their heads. No accident. If this was some news report in the paper or on Sky News, you would think the guy was twisted, evil and cold hearted. Cause its Benoit, people try to come up with any excuse, justification or reasoning to try and defend him and save their hero's reputation.

To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!

Hardly a vile accusation, the AP have confirmed he strangled his wife one day. smothered his child the next then finished himself off. He's one of my favourite wrestlers (the other being a wife beating wanker) and I really enjoyed watching him over the years, but he's a murderer and I'm not going to make any sort of excuse for him just so I'll still have a "hero".
Not making excuses, but the fact is that until the report of the coroner is given they said they aren't confirming anything.

i assume for a man with the strength of someone like benoit it could and propbably is a horrible accident that he strangled his wife after all u dont have to just die of lack of oxygen he could have accidently broke her neck. but consumed with guilt and full of panic ends up killing his son is also belivable. not making excuses for the guy what he did was terrible but id hardly say it was a cold blooded murder. my condolences to the rest of their family chris will be missed by many

Regardless of how strong you are, you don't accidentally break someones neck.How many stories do you hear about wrestlers accidentally breaking fans hands when they shake them at meet 'n greets?!