Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

There was a page someone posted, I think it was ABCnews that had an article about the whole thing and along the left side of the ABC page there was a related links bit. One of the links was "What drives people to kill their families". I found the article interesting and it cited the main reason for people comitting these acts as "extreme depression"... I'd say there's definitely a case for arguing that Benoit was suffering from extreme depression. For some reason, I went back and watched the Eddie tribute shows and watched Benoit-HHH from Smackdown. If you look at the expression on his face, he's totally glassy eyed and worn. Understandable considering his best friend has just died. However, I don't think he ever really lost that expression or got over Eddie's passing...Now, I'm not even going to pretend I'm "in the know" about "the biz" like some fannies on here like to do but from what I can see and from what's been said from people on RAW, Chris Benoit seemed to be the kind of guy who bottled things up. Back when they started that Eddie exploitation bullshit there was a peice that came out that said many people backstage were extremely unhappy with the way the story was heading. Benoit being one of them. I haven't watched Smackdown in literally years but from my understanding Benoit was out injured when they kicked off the distasteful Chavo/Vicki/Rey feud. Imagine it for a second here. Having to sit at home and watch as the name of his recently deceased best friend is dragged through the mud. It must have effected him somehow. Add the marital problems into that, it's almost like a powder keg. Who knows what finally made him snap. That's why some understanding and a bit of empathy would be good here, instead of sitting behind a computer screen and condemning the man. And aye, you'll probably get someone in a minute quoting this post and trying to sway my opinions by telling me he's a child murderer etc etc. That probably will turn out to be true, but how can you expect me and countless other fans who have idolised and respected Chris Benoit to suddenly just turn round and go "Ah fuck it, he's a beast and he should rot in hell"?

• Paid Members

From CNN.com: A law enforcement official close to the investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in the weight room of the family's suburban Atlanta home. Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths.

Now those toxicology results will be one to keep an eye open for.

There was a page someone posted, I think it was ABCnews that had an article about the whole thing and along the left side of the ABC page there was a related links bit. One of the links was "What drives people to kill their families". I found the article interesting and it cited the main reason for people comitting these acts as "extreme depression"... I'd say there's definitely a case for arguing that Benoit was suffering from extreme depression. For some reason, I went back and watched the Eddie tribute shows and watched Benoit-HHH from Smackdown. If you look at the expression on his face, he's totally glassy eyed and worn. Understandable considering his best friend has just died. However, I don't think he ever really lost that expression or got over Eddie's passing...Now, I'm not even going to pretend I'm "in the know" about "the biz" like some fannies on here like to do but from what I can see and from what's been said from people on RAW, Chris Benoit seemed to be the kind of guy who bottled things up. Back when they started that Eddie exploitation bullshit there was a peice that came out that said many people backstage were extremely unhappy with the way the story was heading. Benoit being one of them. I haven't watched Smackdown in literally years but from my understanding Benoit was out injured when they kicked off the distasteful Chavo/Vicki/Rey feud. Imagine it for a second here. Having to sit at home and watch as the name of his recently deceased best friend is dragged through the mud. It must have effected him somehow. Add the marital problems into that, it's almost like a powder keg. Who knows what finally made him snap. That's why some understanding and a bit of empathy would be good here, instead of sitting behind a computer screen and condemning the man. And aye, you'll probably get someone in a minute quoting this post and trying to sway my opinions by telling me he's a child murderer etc etc. That probably will turn out to be true, but how can you expect me and countless other fans who have idolised and respected Chris Benoit to suddenly just turn round and go "Ah fuck it, he's a beast and he should rot in hell"?

That's a great post, with some common sense. Sums up what I've been trying to say exactly. Thanks.

www.foxnews.com is providing alot of coverage on its main page with probaly the best reports avaliable at this time from the AP.

Have only just finished reading the news (including the limited info on Wikipedia) and I just can't believe it.To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!RIP Crippler, Woman and Daniel.

PWTorch.com has learned that one major media entity has received an email purporting to be from a friend of the Chris Benoit extended family saying that Benoit accidentally killed his wife in a domestic argument, then panicked and killed his son later so his son could be with his mother rather than grow up without a mom and knowing his father as a murderer.

Yeah, this seems to make sense to me. Benoit strangles his wife in an argument, killing her accidentally. Why he killed the kid is anyone's guess, but that sounds as good as anything I can think of.I can't help but think to myself "Surely Benoit wouldn't do something like this?" but what do I know of the man? I, as a fan, know him by how he appears on TV and reports on his conduct backstage. But people who are close to him say he keeps himself to himself, so that shows just how little I know of him. Its such a shame and a terrible incident. The wrestling world has lost a tremendous performer who's reputation has been tarnished by these killings. I have to say, although it seems inexcusable, I could forgive him more if this is the nature of his killings. Benoit would surely be out of his mind once he'd accidentally killed his wife. What a series of shocking events though. You'll never be forgotten.

• Paid Members

To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations

Nobody here is tarring his name with vile accusations. The police are the ones making the accusations, some of us are just taking in the facts without having reality blurred by all the 5 star matches spinning around in our heads.

Have only just finished reading the news (including the limited info on Wikipedia) and I just can't believe it.To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!RIP Crippler, Woman and Daniel.

To pmy008 - please refrain from using the RIP eulogy for Benoit until he is acquitted of being a double murderer. RIP is a term of respect for people who have died. Surely you have no respect for someone who "apparently" murdered his wife and young child?

The bit that's confusing me is the Nancy killed first, Daniel killed second with such a huge gap between thing. The gap makes no sense. If Nancy had killed Daniel, then a day later, out of anger Benoit killed her (or vice versa), that makes sense. If Benoit had killed Daniel and Nancy at the same time, that makes sense, but whatever way around it, the days gap between them makes none at all.Surely if one was killed first, the other would've rung the police, or ran away or something?

Edited by rockbus