Best Promotion of 2006

tiger_rick

The Best Promotion of 2006?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm quite surprised that I am the only person who has voted for CMLL. What other promotion packed at least 10,000 in every week for most of the year, including 15,000 plus for something like 5 straight weeks. Although the bubble burst towards the end of the year 2006 was an awesome year for CMLL. Mistico was great on top and Los Perros Del Mal were great also. I felt the match quality was spot on for much of the year and the main events were usually lots of fun.

BJPW - not shown on British televisionCHIKARA - not shown on British televisionCMLL - not shown on British televisionPWG - not shown on British televisionShimmer - not shown on British televisionIPW:UK - shows are split into 40 minute TV shows on TWC (not available in some British areas)ROH - shows are split into 40 minute TV shows on TWC (not available in some British areas)NOAH - shows are split into 40 minute TV shows on TWC (not available in some British areas)TNA - TV shows and ppvs in 2006 were all shown on TWC (not available in some British areas)WWE - various shows on SKY Sports (available everywhere) 7 nights a week.WWE will always have more viewers because of that imo. So I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those 29 votes WWE currently has were by people who haven't seen much (or anything) by the other companies in the poll.TNA got more than double the nominations for this award than WWE got, and ROH got a lot more than WWE too.

So destroying everything that is good about wrestling gets you the best promotion tag?Gah!I voted Noah, not followed as much as I should have but enjoyed seeing it live a LOT and what I did see was always entertaining.

A big thank-you to our fans for even just nominating us as one of the top 10 promotions in the world, let alone to currently rank fourth. I know exposure can often be a key factor in some of these awards, but it's the opinions of those to who you do reach that matter most. To quote John Candy from Cool Runnings...

"A gold medal is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it."

Edit: Just a quick edit (from the owner of UKFF approved #4 promotion in the world) to say that anybody who HASN'T caught British wrestling before, RQW i believe are selling some of their DVDs at just

Edited by Daniel Edler

I 100% believe IPW:UK deserve being nominated 4 this spot as seeing as i been to every show this year i have enjoyed every second.Blimey i think i would have stopped watching wrestling totally if it was not 4 my IPW:UK Fix, i look forward to 2007 and what it brings, if u aint seen IPW:UK check it out.