Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Aries Vs Genki?! :omg: That's fucking ace.

I'm looking forward to that one myself, good to see Genki get a singles match.Heres the current cards,

Dragon Gate Challenge II' March 28thROH vs. Dragon GateJay & Mark Briscoe vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo SaitoROH vs. Dragon GateKevin Steen & El Generico vs. Naruki Doi & Masato YoshinoROH vs. Dragon GateAustin Aries vs. Genki Horiguchi ROH vs. Dragon GateJimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo Supercard of Honor III March 29thROH World Title Match- Rematch From Rising Above PPVNigel McGuinness (if still champion) defends vs. Austin AriesDragon Gate Six Man TagCIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki HoriguchiROH vs. Dragon GateKevin Steen & El Generico vs. Shingo & BxB Hulk

Looks quite brill to say the least

from pwinsider.com The latest Ring of Honor Video Wire (linked above) features Jigsaw removing his mask. The decision to remove the mask was made jointly by Jigsaw and Gabe Sapolsky. Jigsaw felt the mask was uncomfortable while Sapolsky believed it was hurting him from connecting with the crowd and from learning facial expressions. They opted to unmask him in this manner to give him a new direction, partially because they had done a similar angle with Delirious recently and also because they didn't want to start Jigsaw's new babyface direction with a loss. The idea is that now that Jigsaw no longer has the mask to hide behind, he has to prove himself and perform.

Ring of Honor will not be releasing the controversial Larry Sweeney-Allison Danger-Bobby Dempsey angle from their sixth anniversary show on DVD and the footage won't be used "in any form" in the future. The planned Sweeey "hostile takeover" of ROH storyline will continue

&

According to ROH sources, The 5/10 Hammerstein Ballroom show has been one of the hottest selling tickets in company history, perhaps ever. They have already sold most of the ringside seats and are back to the ninth row on the floor.

Suprised they binned it completely.

Edited by Jun Kasai

• Paid Members

It got quite a lot of heat from the messageboard. I spoke out against said angle, but don't think it should have been censored completely - if it had been on the disc I wouldn't have watched it. Choice is a great thing

• Paid Members

Nice review of the excellent Tokyo show there, DDD. I reckon the main event is a bit underrated in general, but with Danielson vs Go on the card it's no surprise.

Watched Wrestlerave, and can't be arsed doing a review.Acid/'Cide is absolutely mental. Just so much better than most things that involve Acid really. Crazy bumps were needed here and both guys were willing to deliver. Collyer/Stryker was also good. Slower than the usual matches between those guys, but it was still engrossing stuff. Nothing really of note apart from that. Oh aye, Sukai/Laree was good fun.A great show because even though not much stands out, the rest of the show is still entertaining and nothing bad is going on.

• Paid Members

Nice review of the excellent Tokyo show there, DDD. I reckon the main event is a bit underrated in general, but with Danielson vs Go on the card it's no surprise.

Cool review of the ROH show. Which arena did they use for the show?

Cheers guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad the 5/10 show is selling well, I wondered how well they'd get on with that.Wrestlerave - God, these 2003 shows are testing my memory! Trent vs Homcide is the Fight Without Honor everyone forgets about. It was pretty as I recall. The Styles vs Sabin match was a bit of a letdown though

• Paid Members

That was back in the days when TNA and ROH used to co-operate. Somewhat of a historical anachronism now

• Paid Members

To be fair, both have come a long way since then, even if they could still go a lot further. I always liked the Wrestlerave show, Shelley and Jacobs debuted here I believe. The rave at the end was the sort of weird thing you'd only see in ROH

Yes, the not bad FCS with Whitmer/Jacobs/Mamaluke/Shelley. Was the first sign of things not quite being great with Whitmer IMO, as he was expected to come across as the big powerhouse, and he did a poor job.The rave at the end was stupid, but worked so well with the sort of thing Special K were doing at the time. They really didn't give a fuck.