Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Good news overall, because its a step in the right direction. ROH are going to have to up their game in terms of storylines, though. The shows are good for ones offs, but their character development and progress of their angles has left a lot to be desired. They are going to have to make some new Samoa Joes or CM Punks or something. You cant get by when it comes to asking people to spend over $9.99 like they did with iPPVs. They have so much generic shit around the bottom to middle portion of the card. Guys who were they wear the black trunks and have the same physique and have the terrible entrance music. They should develop Hansen's character. He looks awesome. And bring in some exciting workers like Johnny Gargano or Ricochet to spice to cards up. Maybe bring Kaz and Daniels in. ROH is the opposite of TNA. ROH has a lot of good stuff in place, but it doesn't look polished. If they upgraded the presentation and got a bit more variety on the shows they'd be away.

Doubt its going to happen, but I reckon if Nigel McGuinness came out of retirement for the first PPV that would cause a lot of buzz.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Good news overall, because its a step in the right direction. ROH are going to have to up their game in terms of storylines, though. The shows are good for ones offs, but their character development and progress of their angles has left a lot to be desired. They are going to have to make some new Samoa Joes or CM Punks or something. You cant get by when it comes to asking people to spend over $9.99 like they did with iPPVs. They have so much generic shit around the bottom to middle portion of the card. Guys who were they wear the black trunks and have the same physique and have the terrible entrance music. They should develop Hansen's character. He looks awesome. And bring in some exciting workers like Johnny Gargano or Ricochet to spice to cards up. Maybe bring Kaz and Daniels in. ROH is the opposite of TNA. ROH has a lot of good stuff in place, but it doesn't look polished. If they upgraded the presentation and got a bit more variety on the shows they'd be away.

Doubt its going to happen, but I reckon if Nigel McGuinness came out of retirement for the first PPV that would cause a lot of buzz.

I'd also like to see them bring in Kaz and Daniels, Feel they have alot to bring to the table! We could see Gargano 1 day if his deal runs out, Ricochet is unlikely though with his Dragon Gate Japan commitments.

@courtbauer

"Will there be an iPPV option?

I hate to say it, and I want them to succeed, but i have a feeling that this will fall on it's arse. TNA can't draw on PPV, yea they're programming to build up the PPV's is wank, but they have a significant mainstream TV Deal in place, one that's much more extensive than the ROH syndicated setup they've currently got, plus you can get you're WWE PPV's for $10 in HD. ROH are chargin 24.95 for an SD Version, yea a few thousand loyal fans may buy if they're lucky, but the PPV cut will me tiny. Are they really that big a company that this is viable?

I would be very interested to see how this does in comparison to Sacrifice next week, because that build has been so shite that I imagine if ROH really promoted this to death and had a good build, they would run it close.

I'm one of those people who, if it's on the telly, I'll probably buy it and watch it. I know everything's available for free, but I hate the hassle of having to watch it on a little screen, try to navigate pop-ups or taking five hours to download part one of four for a PPV. I just want to be able to turn on my telly and have it there for me without having to worry about my internet not being fast enough or the servers crashing. It's all a pain in the arse to me and I know there will be lots of people out there who will agree, so this is a massive plus.

Thought i'd ask in here,

I've been an ROH fan since there debut on HDnet, Over the years i managed to collect every single ROH show. Im proud of my collection spanning 12 years. But over the years i've less and less time to watch the old stuff while keeping up with the new stuff. Ive watched from 2002 to the start of 2006, And from the start of my fandom in 2009 till now.

My question is should i sell my collection and just buy the comps instead? I always said i could go back and watch it all again but am i really going to have the time to watch 12 years and growing worth of 3 - 4 hour dvds?

Also wondering what some of these would be worth nowadays, All originals and lots from 2006 till start of 2009 still sealed. Also have Glory By Honor VI Night 1 or 2 (I can't remember which) Signed by Misawa and Kenta

Edited by Only_The_Strong_Survive

• Paid Members

I sold a bunch on Ebay. All can depend on how many other copies of the individual show are about. I sold mine for prices ranging from

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Christ! Will be definitely checking this out. The show is absolutely stacked. This has the potential to be the show of the year. Great to see Alex Shelley back in the States. Chris Sabin is a free agent now. Would like to see them work together in ROH in the near future. Maybe even have Sabin and someone against the Time Splitters. Or Sabin, Shelley and Kushida vs the Young Bucks and Adam Cole or something. Would definitely love to see more of Shelley, though. The guy is sensational.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Christ! Will be definitely checking this out. The show is absolutely stacked. This has the potential to be the show of the year. Great to see Alex Shelley back in the States. Chris Sabin is a free agent now. Would like to see them work together in ROH in the near future. Maybe even have Sabin and someone against the Time Splitters. Or Sabin, Shelley and Kushida vs the Young Bucks and Adam Cole or something. Would definitely love to see more of Shelley, though. The guy is sensational.

Hoping for Time Splitters vs ReDRagon at Global Wars and Bullet Club vs Briscoes at War Of The Worlds.

Hopefully we do see Sabin down the line in ROH also, Even though i hear he's had to change his style due to injuries. Motor City Machine Guns in ROH would be awesome, Add them and Bad Influence to roster and the tag division would be stacked!

Most of the matches for the Global Wars show in Toronto have been announced:

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH

Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

I get the idea of ROH/NJPW showcase matches and I'm sure it'll be fun...but yeah, the NJPW matches are a tad bit dull there.

Hopefully they're resting the big guns in tags for some bigger singles matches in New York.