Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

There's a number of problems atm. Delirious hasn't cut it as booker, the emergence of DGUSA and Gabe/Cary's fragile egos means indie talent has to pick one or the other. ROH's roster is ludicrously stale, and they can't bring in guys like Taylor/Gargano etc to give things a kick up the arse.

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

Rise_ProveDVDFront.1.jpg

Two disc set which includes the "Rise & Prove" event from February 17, 2012 in Cincinnati and the "ROH Underground" show from Norfolk, VA from January 21, 2012.

Disc 1- Rise & Prove- Cincinnati, OH 2/17/12

1. Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin

2. Rise & Prove Tag Team Tournament- Match #1: Shiloh Jones & Rudy Switchblade vs. Sean Casey & Chris Silvio

3. Rise & Prove Tag Team Tournament- Match #2: Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls vs. Alabama Attitude

4. No Holds Barred Match: Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong

5. Mike Mondo vs. Samson Walker

6. Rise & Prove Tag Team Tournament- Finals: Winners Match #1 vs. Winners Match #2

7. Proving Ground Match: World TV Champion Jay Lethal vs. BJ Whitmer

8. World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly

Disc 2- ROH Underground- Norfolk, VA 1/21/12

1. Kenny King vs. Andy "Right Leg" Ridge

2. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett vs. Grizzly Redwood

3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen

4. World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

5. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Team A1

6. Proving Ground Match: World TV Champion Jay Lethal vs. Tommaso Ciampa

7. Winning Team Gets A World Tag Team Title Shot: Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin

Too add whats been said earlier, As much as i still love ROH the main problem is the roster, Taking nothing away from some of the awesome talent they have. It doesn't have the strength in depth that it used to have. Back in the day when CM Punk left there was aload of guys ready to step up. Now if Roddy/Edwards/Richards/Steen left who is there step up apart from El Generico who isn't even signed! One day i just wish they could build bridges with Gabe and Dragon Gate again but its not going to happen. Gabe did get burned out, It was far from perfect but it was better then this.

Edited by Only_The_Strong_Survive

• Paid Members
Another famous ROH production gaffe:

2mg5jc7.png

:laugh: They do make themselves look bush league sometimes

Gabe did get burned out, It was far from perfect but it was better then this.

And that was Cary's fault - it was he who insisted on running a stupid amount of shows. I think history will show his involvement in ROH has been a mixed blessing - yes, he bailed them out when it looked like they were going out of business, but his interference on the creative side has fucked the product on a few occasions

• Paid Members

If anyone has any plans to download the ROH iPPV, I suggest you wait until the replay and get your links from there. It was appearently unwatchable. Lance Storm was saying cups were a thrown backstage due to how bad the show was coming across via live stream. Did anyone watch it? How bad was the quality? Was it as bad as people are saying?

I heard Steen vs Generico is really good, though. I like Steen. Could do with a new outfit, though.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

If anyone has any plans to download the ROH iPPV, I suggest you wait until the replay and get your links from there. It was appearently unwatchable. Lance Storm was saying cups were a thrown backstage due to how bad the show was coming across via live stream. Did anyone watch it? How bad was the quality? Was it as bad as people are saying?

I heard Steen vs Generico is really good, though. I like Steen. Could do with a new outfit, though.

Did not watch it but from the review on the Observer site (and what was said in their forums) the audio was utterly fucked. From what people are saying the commentary was between 10 & 30 seconds ahead of the action...... Its a shame really as it was supposed to be a pretty decent show

• Paid Members

More botched production = roy37z09.gif

Anyway....

Showdown in the Sun Night 1 Results :

Briscoes over TMDK

Adam Cole over Adam Pearce [christ, who bought that dickhead back?]

King and Titus over Young Bucks

WGTT over C&C Wrestling Factory

Jay Lethal over Kyle O'Reilly [more head banging]

Mike Bennett over Lance Storm

Kevin Steen over El Generico when Jimmy Jacobs turns on Generico

Davey Richards over Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong.

Tonight it will be Richards vs Elgin for the ROH title

Did not watch it but from the review on the Observer site (and what was said in their forums) the audio was utterly fucked. From what people are saying the commentary was between 10 & 30 seconds ahead of the action...... Its a shame really as it was supposed to be a pretty decent show

It gets better......

According to people on the F4W forums the replay is now up & running. Apparently all the sound issues have been resolved but the replay is/was (not sure if this has been sorted yet) cutting out during the the Generico/Steen match.

So far they are not exactly doing themselves any favours this weekend

• Paid Members

Clearly this is all leading to some kind of eating contest between Steen and Cornette at the Heart Attack Grill. Not sure who would win; Steen is younger, but Cornette has the experience advantage

Clearly this is all leading to some kind of eating contest between Steen and Cornette at the Heart Attack Grill. Not sure who would win; Steen is younger, but Cornette has the experience advantage

I think Cornette would have the advantage if they didn't give him what he ordered...