Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

As brief as it was, Daniels heel run in 2011 pretty fun. Shame he didn't stick around. I have visions of a 95 year old Daniels going back to TNA for the umpteenth time saying "They're going to make me a top guy this time, I'm sure of it!"

• Paid Members

Daniels is under no illusions. He's a TV star in TNA, he gets paid decent money and he gets to hang out with his best mates there. He's 41 now and he has a family. He cant be fucking about working on internet PPVs anymore. He needs maximum exposure, and he gets that in TNA. He must look at Steve Corino and think "no thanks".

• Paid Members

The money bit rings true. I know that Joe basically resigned with TNA because there's not much money in the indies/Japan atm, knowing full well that TNA will never do anything with him.

• Paid Members

Inspiring, that isn't..

Agree about Daniels and Joe, it's a shame the material Daniels has had on this latest TNA run has been absolutely awful, but the Joe and Magnus team is working nicely for me.

• Paid Members

So let's run down the 10th Anni card in full

Main Event

ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole

ROH World Tag Team Championship

Jay & Mark Briscoe defend against the Young Bucks

ROH World Television Championship

Jay Lethal defends against "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa w/ The Embassy LTD.

Grudge Match

Jimmy Jacobs takes on "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen

Special Attraction Tag Team Match

The Amazing Red & "Technical Lightning" TJ Perkins vs The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini

Glory By Honor X Tag Team Rematch

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs The All Night Xpress (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Special Attraction

"Notorious 187" Homicide vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Brutal Bob & Maria Kanellis

Hmmm, not the calibre of show you'd expect for the companies 10th anniversary. A decent iPPV in and of itself I guess, but they havn't exactly pulled the stops out - Amazing Red being the only non-regular talent. Surely this would have been the time to fly in a NOAH guy to challenge Richards for the belt?

Incidentally TJ Perkins had a hell of a match with Eddie Edwards at PWG "Rock and Roll Decadence".

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

That really is a shocking card for a 10th anniversary, isn't it? Haven't they got any kind of nostalgia based appearances or matches planned, like bringing back some of their old guys from the beginning for appearances or matches? It just looks like another ROH card. They should be playing this like their Wrestlemania. Is anything else planned around this show by way of events and stuff?

I followed ROH at the start and in some ways it's great to see them go a decade. But it's quite sad that the best effort they can put on is that.

• Paid Members

The actual WrestleMania weekend events (which aren't even in Miami..) seem to be a bigger focus, though I can't link the actual cards at the moment. When was Homicide's last appearance for ROH before this?

The actual WrestleMania weekend events (which aren't even in Miami..) seem to be a bigger focus, though I can't link the actual cards at the moment. When was Homicide's last appearance for ROH before this?

Death Before Dishonor 9? Lethal and Homicide vs The Embassy.

Im quite pumped for the card, Hope that WGTT vs ANX doesn't go too long. Bucks vs Briscoes should be great, as should Steen vs Jacobs. Looking forward to Perkins and Red teaming up! Also the main-event should be awesome if one team turns heel. As much as i want to see Cole as a heel i would rather Team Ambition turn into dickheads, As Davey is a natural!

• Paid Members

It would have been nice to see Red vs Jay in a rematch from the Era of Honor, I'm sure Jay wouldn't have minded doing double duty.

Death Before Dishonor 9? Lethal and Homicide vs The Embassy.

Im quite pumped for the card, Hope that WGTT vs ANX doesn't go too long. Bucks vs Briscoes should be great, as should Steen vs Jacobs. Looking forward to Perkins and Red teaming up! Also the main-event should be awesome if one team turns heel. As much as i want to see Cole as a heel i would rather Team Ambition turn into dickheads, As Davey is a natural!

Pretty much my thoughts. While this show might not be '10th Anniversary' worthy, as a card, it looks very promising. The main event should be a good match if they keep it under 30 mins - I'm also hoping for some kind of storyline advancement too although Davey as heel? Not sure they'd want that with Steen winning the belt next.

Briscoes/Bucks should be awesome, so should TJP/Red v HoT and Steen/Jacobs. I'm hoping Lethal v Ciampa will be better than people expect and the other two matches while not being spectacular will hopefully be solid. I always pop when I see Homicide, even if he's only been away for a few months!

All in all, for