Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Just watched Survival of the Fittest 2010, what a disappointment!

Really wished they had switched the winner of the tourney as Eddie working hurt (injured his shoulder in his qualifier with Hero which was motn) really killed the main event. Claudio was class as always so why they couldnt give him the trophy, even King impressed. Adam Cole did a decent sell job against the ANX which was the bulk of this match last just over 20 minutes.

If you haven't been impressed with Strong's title reign so far then this show wont convince you otherwise, he is almost a spare part in the six man, overshadowed in the pre-match by Truth (brink back Sweeney!) and Elgin.

Andy Ridge looked okay vs. Homicide, was impressed with his promo in the videowire. Can't stand his gear though.

Another dead ROH crowd also doesn't help.

Definately skippable unless you dont own any of the matches on the Best of McGuinness bonus disc.

• Paid Members

For a more "Casual" ROH fan, what are the best DVDs to focus on?

for example: Death before dishonor, supercard of honor, survival of the fittest, final battle etc. Basically the main cards? Or are some of the inbetween shows also good for getting?

I really want to start collecting thse shows, as ROH production has really picked up in the past year or so, but i cant be doing with 500+ dvds.

For a more "Casual" ROH fan, what are the best DVDs to focus on?

for example: Death before dishonor, supercard of honor, survival of the fittest, final battle etc. Basically the main cards? Or are some of the inbetween shows also good for getting?

I really want to start collecting thse shows, as ROH production has really picked up in the past year or so, but i cant be doing with 500+ dvds.

There are about 270 and an awful lot are out of print. Yeah the ones you mentioned are the 'bigger' shows, also go for PPVs and iPPVs. A few pages back someone asked a similar question and got some replies.

Starting out. Must haves are the Milestone series from 2006 and the Anniversary shows, also go for shows with World Title changes and more important matches in ROH History (Joe vs Punk, Joe vs. Kobashi, DG six-man etc). There some very good reviews in this thread, or check out the ROH forum. There is a website that lists and reviews the better shows but I cant remember the address.

The in-between shows or B-shows can be hit or miss, Richards vs. Daniels and Best Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2 are must-haves from 2010 alone, but there are plenty from this year that are skippable. Generally shows the night before the big show tend not to be so good, although I hear great things about the Tag Title Classic 2 show prior to Final Battle 2010.

Keep an eye out on ebay or amazon for the Out of Print dvds, they do show up at decent prices, do not pay the ridiculous prices sellers have OOP dvds listed for, cheaper do show up, be patient.

• Paid Members

Here's a list of the top 20 shows I made at the start of 2009. I'll update it when I get to the end of 2010's shows...

All Star Extravaganza - Nov 2002

War of the Wire - Nov 2003

Glory By Honor 3 - Sept 2004

Weekend of Thunder Night 1 - Nov 2004

Manhatten Mayhem - May 2005

Glory By Honor 4 - Sept 2005

Joe vs Kobashi - Oct 2005

Final Battle 2005 - Dec 2005

Hell Freezes Over - Jan 2006

Supercard of Honor - Mar 2006

Death Before Dishonor 4 - Jul 2006

Unified - Aug 2006

Glory by Honor 5 Night 2 - Sept 2006

Battle of the Icons - Jan 2007

Fifth Year Festival - New York - Feb 2007

Supercard of Honor II - Mar 2007

Driven 2007 - June 2007

Race to the Top Night 2 - Jul 2007

Man Up! - Sept 2007

6th Year Anniversary Show - Feb 2008

Just to add o the above list, Ive listed what I think is still available and worth checking out on ROHwrestling.com and they nearly always have offers on, they have a $10 plus 20%off on right now

Unscripted

Glory By Honor

Night of Champions

Death Before Dishonor (must have from the early years, great top to bottom show)

Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies

At Our Best (A new era for ROH, stacked card)

Weekend of Thunder Night One

Stalemate (Gibson v Aries plus a fun show)

Manhattan Mayhem

Redemption (World title change in one of my fave matches of all time)

This Means War

Steel Cage Warfare

Fourth Anniversary Show

Dragon Gate Challenge

Unified

Epic Encounter II

FYF: NYC

FYF: Chicago

FYF: Finale

Respect is Earned

Race to the Top Tournament Night 2

Death Before Dishonor IV Night Two

Man Up

Undeniable

Final Battle 07

Take No Prisoners

Glory By Honor 7

Rising Above 08

7th Anniversary Show

Supercard of Honor 4

Double Feature 2

Manhattan Mayhem 3

Violent Tendencies

Glory By Honor 8; The Final Countdown

Final Battle '09

8th Anniversary Show

Bitter Friend, Stiffer Enemies 2

Supercard of Honor 5

Death Before Dishonor 8

Fade To Black (Get for Tyler Black best of bonus disc)

Glory By Honor IX

Allied Forces (Has Joe vs. Punk trilogy bonus disc)

Richards Vs Daniels

Survival of the Fittest (poor show but a must have best of Nigel McGuinness bonus disc)

• Paid Members
has anyone ordered from pwg if so what are they like

I ordered from them a long time ago, (i think when jonny storm was over there for the all star weekend?), and got a decent deal on DVD's, (think it was 5 for X ammount). Good straight up service, it took a while coming from the states although i expected that.

Bar that it was good! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

ROH on HDNet Tapings 26 & 27

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

taken from roh message board

WrestleReunion 2011

- 1/28/11 - Los Angeles, CA results

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bobby Cruise is in L.A. and announcing tonight. Blue & Black Tie.

KOW out for a promo to start. Putting over the main event, saying they will win and that WGTT is overrated. Claudio states, "You people in Los Angeles know a lot about overrated, you have the Lakers. Everybody knows the best basketball is played in Europe." Hero says no one will end their reign.

1. The Bravado Brothers of Lance & Harlem over Caleb Konley & Cedric Alexander in a really solid opener, best match of all 4 that creepshow has seen them in.

2. Challenge Match

Jay Briscoe over Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana via Jay-Driller

3. Tag Team Challenge Match

The All-Night Express of "Pretty Boy Pitbull" Kenny King & "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus over

The Cutler Brothers of Brandon & Dustin after a top rope double team move.

4. Challenge Match

"The American Wolf" Davey Richards over TJ Perkins via armbar (maybe kimura) in an excellent match. Davey put over TJP post-match and said if he ever wanted a re-match in ROH, then he could have one.

Intermission

5. Ring of Honor World Television Title Match

ROH World Television Champion "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels w/ Allison Danger over Mark Briscoe after Angels Wings and the BME.

6. Non-Title Tag Team Challenge Re-Match

The WGTT: Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas over ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling: "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Hope the match quality was good because that was the most predictable set of results of any wrestling show since the jobber tv show era. Bet there were plenty of full houses in the Pick Ems.

What the fuck?

No, really, What the fuck was that?

It was certainly different. And with remarks in the comments section like 'Grandma Bravado > Papa Briscoe' could we see Grandma Bravado be an on screen manager for the?