Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The angle with Sweeney & Danger sounds just horrible, you'd think ROH would have learned their lesson from the Jade Chung angle a few years ago.

Just read the above in another ROH topic.I quite liked the Jade Chung/Embassy thing in the 2005 shows that I saw, and it was clearly heading towards her eventually standing up for herself and turning on them.But when and how did that whole thing end? I know she left ROH pretty soon after, was it worth the wait or a bit of an anti-climax?
Yeah, as you guessed, she eventually turned on the Embassy and began a storyline relationship with Roderick Strong. Jimmy Rave broke her face and put her out for a bit, heating up the issues between the stables, and she made her comeback at the blow off Wargames match distracting Nana and the Embassy long enough for Gen Next to get their last man in and even the odds.When the feud was over, there was no real need to fly her in for shows anymore so she was dropped.

I'm just glad someone's actually responded to the list!!!!

Two people responded on the same page.

• Paid Members

Two people responded on the same page.

Well thank you for pointing that out, I think I speak for all of when I say we feel enriched and edified by that contribution Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

Driven Review - 23/6/07

Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero vs Matt Cross, Erik Stevens & Delirious - its currently Groundhog Day in Ring of Honor, as whenever I put a DVD in the laptop, I get the same match. And The Resilience lose AGAIN!! This feud is as extinct as the fucking dinosaurs, who is booking this shit?!?! A little booking tip - generally in order for a feud to be exciting it has to be competitive. This program has been the equivalent of a Scottish Premier League campaign that Rangers/ Celtic have won by November. Of course, the big occurrence in this match is the return of Austin Aries at the end - although because its on PPV he

• Paid Members

...but the PPV and DVD have the Nigel vs Dragon match from Domination on there. So yeah, Dragon vs KENTA is a bonus in DVD terms, and the proper main event for the live crowd, where IS the problem?Oh, and surely the idea of a faction called "The Resilience" is that they lose a lot, but come back and win in the end... with their "Resilience", see? Sadly, just as the Resilience really started to step up (Caged Rage/Manhattan Mayhem II weekend, for example, followed by the competitive series of matches at Man Up), they got disbanded soon after.

• Paid Members

Oh, and surely the idea of a faction called "The Resilience" is that they lose a lot, but come back and win in the end... with their "Resilience", see?

That still doesn't make a whole heap of sense - in kayfabe terms, did Aries set up a group called called the The Resilience, and say "ok lads, we'll lose a lot, but keep coming back"? There's more than one way The Resilience could have been made to look competitive up to this point without necessarily winning a lot. But they've been beaten cleanly, consistently. For example - why make the first 6 man tag elimination rules? Make the first 6 man one fall, and then you build up to the elimination match. But not only did they give away that match straight off the bat, the NRC wiped the floor with TR. And even if we grant you the logic behind the whole Resilience idea, the fact is compelling viewing thus far it hasn't been.

Ten Disappointing ROH Main Events A.J. Styles vs Jimmy Rave - Glory By Honor 4 (17/9/05) - just an awful match. Every spot that could be blown was blown. Given that Styles went on to have some amazing matches in TNA, clearly here he simply couldn

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the penultimate match on the card where Danielson beat Gibson for the title, and that should have been the main event imo. Great match

It was a great show - Lo-Ki vs Lethal, McGuinness vs Strong and Dragon vs Gibson all belong on a Best of 05 comp. But the main event was just shite as I recall. I'll try and watch it again during the week. The street fight they had at The Homecoming was far superior.

Oh, and surely the idea of a faction called "The Resilience" is that they lose a lot, but come back and win in the end... with their "Resilience", see?

That still doesn't make a whole heap of sense - in kayfabe terms, did Aries set up a group called called the The Resilience, and say "ok lads, we'll lose a lot, but keep coming back"? There's more than one way The Resilience could have been made to look competitive up to this point without necessarily winning a lot. But they've been beaten cleanly, consistently. For example - why make the first 6 man tag elimination rules? Make the first 6 man one fall, and then you build up to the elimination match. But not only did they give away that match straight off the bat, the NRC wiped the floor with TR. And even if we grant you the logic behind the whole Resilience idea, the fact is compelling viewing thus far it hasn't been.
And what made it worse for me was when they lost the big 8-Man Streetfight, I mean surely this would be where they get the big win, but no, they lost again.Also there's a new Jimmy Jacobs promo up at www.ageofthefall.com, tremendous stuff IMO, if you think the whole AOTF thing has been a let down so far I suggest you take a look .

The angle with Sweeney & Danger sounds just horrible, you'd think ROH would have learned their lesson from the Jade Chung angle a few years ago.

Just read the above in another ROH topic.
The Sweeney/Danger thing has been blown out of all proportion.It is being described as a "rape" angle which is ridiculous. Sweeney knocked danger out from behind, told Dempsey it was his chance to be a man, when Dempsey obviously refused Sweeney hit him from behind so he fell on Danger, much like the Triple H/Trish thing from a few years back.True Sweeney used his foot to make them move a bit, but when he's a heel and it's two people who have been knocked unconscious against their will then it's far from rape.Plus the crowd loved it because Sweeney is so funny no matter what he's doing, not because there was "rape" going on.

• Paid Members

Yes, fair play to Sunny, she's got herself back into decent shape. She's going to be on the Orlando shows too!Jigsaw - what a geek!!! Still a great wrestler though