DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members
Saw Watchmen, great film, a bit disgusting, great soundtrack (especially the first fight scene) but the Orchestral score just annoyed me. It made it seme really shit and attempting to be epic and then they play some Jimi Hendrix or Simon and Garfunkel. Plus I sat right under a speaker and it just ruined the movie for me, wish they'd stuck to the soundtrack of awesome music

You've read the other posts of people hating the soundtrack but loving the score, right?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Watchmen, great film, a bit disgusting, great soundtrack (especially the first fight scene) but the Orchestral score just annoyed me. It made it seme really shit and attempting to be epic and then they play some Jimi Hendrix or Simon and Garfunkel. Plus I sat right under a speaker and it just ruined the movie for me, wish they'd stuck to the soundtrack of awesome music

You've read the other posts of people hating the soundtrack but loving the score, right?

Doesn't mean other people are right. Afterall the film just uses the songs referenced in the book, which is apparently the greatest thing ever.

• Paid Members
Doesn't mean other people are right. Afterall the film just uses the songs referenced in the book, which is apparently the greatest thing ever.

I think I was the first one to actually mention that so you can't use it against me :p Although I never said it was the best thing ever, just that it justified the use of some of the more seemingly hamfisted choices.

If I'm honest, I thought most of the musical cues were alright but there were of course some pretty choices in there too. He's completely wrong about the score though, it's all sorts of awesome.

• Paid Members
Watched one called Brooklyn Rules the other day and thought it was pretty entertaining. Freddy Prinze Jr., Alec Baldwin, Scott Caan and Jay Ferrara can't really go wrong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah man, stellar cast.

What's ya problem with Alec Baldwin?

• Paid Members
Saw Gran Torino last week, its a great film. It came accross as a great commentary on modern day family and social values. Echoes of 'Dirty Harry' too

Is it Clint laying down some vigilante justice in his neighbourhood? I quite fancy that film.

then you will like!

I'm going to see Bronson today

i saw Bronson monday, it's very stange. Nothing like was expecting, the narrative/flashback thing...i didn't really like that element of the movie (especially the onstage stuff), but i found the actual flashbacks to be great, Tom Hardy's performance is memorable and very intense. I found the film very funny too, fucked up, but funny.

Saw Gran Torino last week, its a great film. It came accross as a great commentary on modern day family and social values. Echoes of 'Dirty Harry' too

Is it Clint laying down some vigilante justice in his neighbourhood? I quite fancy that film.

then you will like!

i saw Bronson monday, it's very stange. Nothing like was expecting, the narrative/flashback thing...i didn't really like that element of the movie (especially the onstage stuff), but i found the actual flashbacks to be great, Tom Hardy's performance is memorable and very intense. I found the film very funny too, fucked up, but funny.

I liked it alot. It reminded me of a Stanley Kubrick movie, like with the classical music over the violence. i particularly liked the use of the Pet Shop Boys 'It's A Sin' during the mental hospital's disco. And i liked the on-stage element, it was just something a little bit different.

• Paid Members

then you will like!

I liked it alot. It reminded me of a Stanley Kubrick movie, like with the classical music over the violence. i particularly liked the use of the Pet Shop Boys 'It's A Sin' during the mental hospital's disco. And i liked the on-stage element, it was just something a little bit different.

yeh, i think it was the fact that i wasn't expecting any of it which made me dislike them elements in it a wee bit. It's definatly a movie i'll watch again though.

I was expecting a straight forward uk crime flick. I avoided all the press before seeing it, which ive since read and it lets you know that that's the kind of movie your gonna get.

I think it'll split audiences straight down the middle.

I watched Death Note a couple of weeks ago on the suggestion of someone. I did not think I'd like manga films but I really enjoyed it. :)

She has suggested Ghost In The Shell as a good one. :)

I watched Death Note a couple of weeks ago on the suggestion of someone. I did not think I'd like manga films but I really enjoyed it. :)

She has suggested Ghost In The Shell as a good one. :)

Ghost In The Shell is a good film, but its a real slow burner. If your looking for good anime, you can't go wrong with any of the following:

Spirited Away

Grave Of The Fireflies (highest recomendation)

My Neighbour Totoro

Princess Mononooke

Persepolis