DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just finished watching king kong and i have to say they could have made that a lot better if they put in a bit more gore and highered the viewing certificate. i mean imagine the mess a gorilla that size hitting the floor from that high would have made.

The Butterfly Effect is like Quantum Leap, mixed with Bedazzled, for those who havent seen it.I dont rate it massively. Arent there sequels to it as well??!?!

Yes there is one sequel that I know of. It's truly awfulOh and just watched the Dark Knight on a better DVD quality copy.Love it even more. Edited by Steveo2007

Instead of throwing away time on The Butterfly Effect, why not watch an all time classic that you may not have seen. For example, have you seen The Third Man?

Or, do throw away your time on the butterfly effect and realise that its actually a very good film, then watch that afterwards.A film like the butterfly effect you need to watch yourself. Everyone has an opinion on it so you may like it or you may not but its worth finding out yourself. I think if Mr Seven had his way no one would be allowed to watch any film that he didn't like.Obviously, if your the type who watches a movie with a movie viewer mentalility, then don't bother.
I actually start to feel sorry for the guy that he is stuck in this mode in which he can't enjoy stuff. Yes some people are easily amused by movies that he thinks are dumb, but that just means they are living a much happier life.That's the way I see it.
Don't dare feel sorry for me you fucking cumstain. I'm not in any mode where I "can't enjoy stuff" . I love and hate with equal measure, and I never engage an art form like it's an exam, so no, retract your pity, and don't bother giving your opinion when it comes to me, because you're just a little boy who has no clue about anything, despite how much you bang on about your girlfriend or your band.

Don't dare feel sorry for me you fucking cumstain. I'm not in any mode where I "can't enjoy stuff" . I love and hate with equal measure, and I never engage an art form like it's an exam, so no, retract your pity, and don't bother giving your opinion when it comes to me, because you're just a little boy who has no clue about anything, despite how much you bang on about your girlfriend or your band.

JesuSlipknotThe Assasination of Jessie JamesThere. Three things off the top of my head I KNOW Seven likes...Actually not 100% sure about Jesu but pretty sure. Looking on here for about 40 seconds would probably show if he does/doesn't.It's wrong to say Seven doesn't like anything, he's just a person who's pretty picky about giving praise to things and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact if you've been on here for any length of time and that pisses you off then hey, I wonder if you should be here :D Seven could probably make a good critic. someday :D

• Paid Members

JesuSlipknotThe Assasination of Jessie JamesThere. Three things off the top of my head I KNOW Seven likes...Actually not 100% sure about Jesu but pretty sure. Looking on here for about 40 seconds would probably show if he does/doesn't.It's wrong to say Seven doesn't like anything, he's just a person who's pretty picky about giving praise to things and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact if you've been on here for any length of time and that pisses you off then hey, I wonder if you should be here :D Seven could probably make a good critic. someday :D
Maybe he's just a grumpy fucker because i've yet to read one upbeat or funny post from him yet, he's either being a critic or moaning at/about someone.

Maybe he's just a grumpy fucker because i've yet to read one upbeat or funny post from him yet, he's either being a critic or moaning at/about someone.
He's just an opinionated person and one of the few who backs up his claims. I've seen him being enthusiastic and, of course, negative. There's a thread where he reviews going to see Vampire Weekend, Rage Against The Machine and others and that post is very positive and you can clearly see that he's very passionate about it. He'd just rather be honest than sugarcoat things.You clearly haven't been looking hard enough.

Instead of throwing away time on The Butterfly Effect, why not watch an all time classic that you may not have seen. For example, have you seen The Third Man?

Or, do throw away your time on the butterfly effect and realise that its actually a very good film, then watch that afterwards.A film like the butterfly effect you need to watch yourself. Everyone has an opinion on it so you may like it or you may not but its worth finding out yourself. I think if Mr Seven had his way no one would be allowed to watch any film that he didn't like.Obviously, if your the type who watches a movie with a movie viewer mentalility, then don't bother.
I actually start to feel sorry for the guy that he is stuck in this mode in which he can't enjoy stuff. Yes some people are easily amused by movies that he thinks are dumb, but that just means they are living a much happier life.That's the way I see it.
I'm not saying you don't like anything you "I'm eloquant so that obviously makes me right" tosspot. The fact you can't accept that people enjoy things much more easily than you suggests you are an unhappy little man.

I would trust Sevens opinion and take on something alot more than those that have a dig at his posts, sure I mightnt always agree with what he says, but at least the guy has the intelligence to back it up instead of going OMGzz everything iz g8 and this latest hollywood snoozefest iz just the bestest cus every1 and Heat mag sayz it iz, and I luv everything that iz force fed 2 me!1!!! At least the guy can make up his own mind on things.EDIT: good to see TB misses the point of a message board...

Edited by klown

• Paid Members

He's just an opinionated person and one of the few who backs up his claims. I've seen him being enthusiastic and, of course, negative. There's a thread where he reviews going to see Vampire Weekend, Rage Against The Machine and others and that post is very positive and you can clearly see that he's very passionate about it. He'd just rather be honest than sugarcoat things.You clearly haven't been looking hard enough.
Yeah in my post I said he's being a critic, that includes reviewing things right? Reviewing something positively is totally different to being a positive person.I admit maybe I don't look hard enough, but thats usually because as soon as I see one of his posts i'll be like ugh :hmmm: With almost everyone else I see they've posted and expect something different every time, with Seven I don't, I see he's posted and know what downbeat miserable crap or in depth review that i've got in store.

Yeah in my post I said he's being a critic, that includes reviewing things right? Reviewing something positively is totally different to being a positive person.I admit maybe I don't look hard enough, but thats usually because as soon as I see one of his posts i'll be like ugh :hmmm: With almost everyone else I see they've posted and expect something different every time, with Seven I don't, I see he's posted and know what downbeat miserable crap or in depth review that i've got in store.
I never said he was a positive person anyway, positive people are fake. Had I called him that I'd have expected a slap in the face for my words. I'm saying he can be positive and saying being positive in a review isn't the same is almost as ridiculous as Krazy's comment on watching The Butterfly Effect from earlier in the thread.

• Paid Members

I never said he was a positive person anyway, positive people are fake. Had I called him that I'd have expected a slap in the face for my words. I'm saying he can be positive and saying being positive in a review isn't the same is almost as ridiculous as Krazy's comment on watching The Butterfly Effect from earlier in the thread.
How so? there is a huge difference between talking about how good a film or something is, and being positive/upbeat as a whole. Even someone coping with manic depression can go "yeah that film was good", but you won't see them throwing smiles everywhere will you.

How so? there is a huge difference between talking about how good a film or something is, and being positive/upbeat as a whole. Even someone coping with manic depression can go "yeah that film was good", but you won't see them throwing smiles everywhere will you.
A positive review involves passion and enthusiasm, saying "yeah that film was good" is just avoiding the subject. To give a real positive review you have to be fairly positive, at least at the time, yourself.

How did I get dragged into this?

Seven is grumpy. Whether he denies that or not is immaterial. But he has a passion for the things he passes comment on, and for people to just dismiss his opinions is pretty shit. "He hates everything". It seems to me that he loves movies. It seems to me that he actually has a real PASSION for movies. He's the one guy on here who's reviews and tastes I really respect, even if he DOES think my tastes are mental.