DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

The only one you should go for would be Batman Begins which has the same actors/characters and director. It also gives a extensive backstory on Bruce his love interest, Alfred, Gotham and how he becomes Batman. Its not essential at all, but I'll be watching Begins again before I see the Dark Knight for the ultimate fanboy experience.If you enjoy the Dark Knight def get Begins later, I bought a double DVD from play for about

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one you should go for would be Batman Begins which has the same actors/characters and director. It also gives a extensive backstory on Bruce his love interest, Alfred, Gotham and how he becomes Batman. Its not essential at all, but I'll be watching Begins again before I see the Dark Knight for the ultimate fanboy experience.If you enjoy the Dark Knight def get Begins later, I bought a double DVD from play for about

Or...you could go into tescos, and get the triple dvd pack they have of Batman Begins and Gothan Knight (which is if not mistaken is animated stories taking place between the two films) for the stupid price of 10 quid. (Batman Begins was on Sky One tonight)All the Dark Knight torrents are getting deleted from torrent sites! Demonoid hardly has any left up!

Edited by klown

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Knight but I'm pissed off with the Heath Ledger hype, it really seems that just because he died after "becomming the character" that people feel afraid to give it a bad review as it may be disrespectful to the dead. Also Batman Begins was shitty, so part of me is thinking I'll not enjoy this as much as everyone else seems to be.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Knight but I'm pissed off with the Heath Ledger hype, it really seems that just because he died after "becomming the character" that people feel afraid to give it a bad review as it may be disrespectful to the dead. Also Batman Begins was shitty, so part of me is thinking I'll not enjoy this as much as everyone else seems to be.

To be honest im more pissed off at the people who assume the only reason his performance is being spoken of so highly is because he is dead, which is complete bollocks.This film, and Heath, were always going to kick serious ass. The only thing different is that the film now has gotten much larger attention.

To be honest im more pissed off at the people who assume the only reason his performance is being spoken of so highly is because he is dead, which is complete bollocks.This film, and Heath, were always going to kick serious ass. The only thing different is that the film now has gotten much larger attention.
There is a lot wrong with this post, I'll just leave it here for people to work it out. Something you'd expect from Schizo...

• Paid Members

I've got to ask...The Dark Knight is currently sitting at #1 in the imdb Top 250 with 26,000 votes.So it's considered to be the best film of all time according to that website.The question is - is it really that good? Or are people voting for it because the Lead Supporting Actor is now dead?

Well to start with the imdb is a complete joke and always will be. Nothing from that site apart from cast lists should be paid attention to.In the real world I havnt seen a bad review for The Dark Knight yet. Respected american critic Richard Roeper gave a good video review. Concluding that it is "maybe the best superhero movie ever made" and that Heath deserves an Oscar nomination which isnt a sympathy vote. "He creates a Joker which is one of the most memorable screen characters of the decade."The only thing missing from Batman Begins (imo) to make it a grade A film was a strong, dominant villian. The Dark Knight should be awesome.
what makes you come to that conclusion? imdb is great, pretty much gives you all the infomation you could ever need to know about a movie. As far as ratings and message boards go, it's all down to your own choice, so you get some random stuff on there and alot of hatred, but I always find the ratings seem to give a fair reflection of the movie though.as for the Dark Knight rating, there's probably a lot of bias going on in the voting or whatever, but after time it'll level itself out and sit somewhere nicely in the list.

There is a lot wrong with this post, I'll just leave it here for people to work it out. Something you'd expect from Schizo...
Nice move. You ignore any constructive criticism and instead go for the ''hey, he posted on our forum a while back!'' card. Still, if turning a perfectly fine topic into a stupid fucking inter-forum flame war is your game, then the floor is yours. I have better things to do than think about what happened in internet land anytime past yesterday. Edited by Toilet Duck

Nice move. You ignore any constructive criticism and instead go for the ''hey, he posted on our forum a while back!'' card. Still, if turning a perfectly fine topic into a stupid fucking inter-forum flame war is your game, then the floor is yours. I have better things to do than think about what happened in internet land anytime past yesterday.
The Schizo thing wasn't the main stem of my insult you bint, I was more refering to the contradictive and opinionated view you expressed which must "obviously" apply to everyone despite the fact that the name Heath Ledger didn't really get further than "the gay cowboy knight guy?" with the casual movie goer until he popped his clogs.

Nice move. You ignore any constructive criticism and instead go for the ''hey, he posted on our forum a while back!'' card. Still, if turning a perfectly fine topic into a stupid fucking inter-forum flame war is your game, then the floor is yours. I have better things to do than think about what happened in internet land anytime past yesterday.
The Schizo thing wasn't the main stem of my insult you bint, I was more refering to the contradictive and opinionated view you expressed which must "obviously" apply to everyone despite the fact that the name Heath Ledger didn't really get further than "the gay cowboy knight guy?" with the casual movie goer until he popped his clogs.
Dont sidestep now. Not when things are looking so optimistic for you. The Schizo thing was the main jab of your argument. And if it was not, their was no need to even bring it up. Thats your problem, not mine. It just seems amazingly petty.As for your argument that my opinion is opinionated? I will leave you to figure out how fucking desperate that one sounds. Fuck, maybe you took it the wrong way, but my opinion was not ''obviously'' meant to apply to everybody else. And I never once harked back to Heath's ''gay cowboy knight guy'' past either. My point was his performance in this movie was going to be great and was subsequently going to be recieved great either way. Dead or not.

I don't know who you are to tell me what my main argument was sunshine. And if you want to be petty I said "it seems" about the Heath Ledger thing originally over your FACTS!~ about how the film was always going to be awesome and how Heath was always going to be awesome and such. I was making the point that, if it wasn't for his death, this film probably wouldn't have recieved a lot of the attention it has recieved (some, of course, it's Batman) and I don't feel that any of the casual movie watchers would've cared so much about Heath Ledger's involvement. It's not hard to imagine the internet backlash(!) that would follow anyone saying Heath's performance wasn't good. It'd be comments like "fuk u, he dyed makin dis all u eva did waz suk ur mutha's dik" galore.Schizo.

I don't know who you are to tell me what my main argument was sunshine.

Well you have yet to tell me why the fuck you would even want to bring 'Schizo' into it in the first place, so I will assume for now its some sort of attempt to get a rise out of ex-TWCF'ers. Something im not getting wound up in. If you want to lure somebody in for a little get together flame war, as opposed to a decent wrestling discussion, for your new home - then knock on Mab's door, not mine.Now for the actual topic...Attention, yeah, you are absoloutely right. The film would have recieved less attention. I was not reffering to attention though, was I? Again, you are right that casual movie watchers would not have cared so much about Heath had he not died, but the performance would still have been fantastic.But their are of course people out their who will strip that away anyway. The anti "fuk u, he dyed makin dis all u eva did waz suk ur mutha's dik" crowd. The controversial ''lads'' of the internet who will delight in saying the only reason the performance ever got praise is because he is dead. Which, like I was trying to say in my first post, is utter bollocks. Sure their are people that are going to over hype things a little, but his portrayal is undeniably mesmorising. Dead or alive. Edited by Toilet Duck

• Paid Members

I've got to ask...The Dark Knight is currently sitting at #1 in the imdb Top 250 with 26,000 votes.So it's considered to be the best film of all time according to that website.The question is - is it really that good? Or are people voting for it because the Lead Supporting Actor is now dead?

Well to start with the imdb is a complete joke and always will be. Nothing from that site apart from cast lists should be paid attention to.In the real world I havnt seen a bad review for The Dark Knight yet. Respected american critic Richard Roeper gave a good video review. Concluding that it is "maybe the best superhero movie ever made" and that Heath deserves an Oscar nomination which isnt a sympathy vote. "He creates a Joker which is one of the most memorable screen characters of the decade."The only thing missing from Batman Begins (imo) to make it a grade A film was a strong, dominant villian. The Dark Knight should be awesome.
what makes you come to that conclusion? imdb is great, pretty much gives you all the infomation you could ever need to know about a movie. As far as ratings and message boards go, it's all down to your own choice, so you get some random stuff on there and alot of hatred, but I always find the ratings seem to give a fair reflection of the movie though.as for the Dark Knight rating, there's probably a lot of bias going on in the voting or whatever, but after time it'll level itself out and sit somewhere nicely in the list.
My main criticisms are the ratings. The info, trivia and quotes are good sections (ive never seen the forums.)I usually roll my eyes at a lot of imdb ratings and the site has a bad reputation (worse than wikipedia) of people posting completely wrong information.Its not the end of the world, but I personally would never check their ratings for reference when looking for a film. The Dark Knight is a great example. I expect it to be a 9.5/10 film, but the greatest film ever? It probably shouldnt be in the top 100. The guys voting on the imdb have got caught up in moment and therefore their ratings shouldnt be taken too seriously.