DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

I think the Naked Gun movies are my favorite comedies ever. I laugh all the way through every single time I see them unlike other comedies were I get bored. All 3 are fantastic. In fact the second movie has my favorite line out of the trilogy."Any last requests Drebin?"Yes could you...give me the gun?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Southland Tales today and was completely lost it is a very strange film which is quite difficult to follow but it is from the same guy who made Donnie Darko so what else could u expect.There are some decent performances in there though Dwayne 'the rock' Johnson (Boxer Santaros) is really good surprisingly as i haven't rated anything he has ever done as a actor and this is by far is his biggest role to date also Justin Timberlake (Pilot Abilene) as narrator was a wise move and Sean William Scott is solid as his character (Ronald Taverner). If your really up for trying to figure out the meaning of the film and are open minded then go see it if not don't waste your time or money.Strangest scene if i had to choose only one involves two cars having sex i wish i was kidding.

Edited by Cul

Watched Hitman earlier today. It really is shit.The main guy is probably the shittest actor you'll come across. I couldnt even follow the story properly. The best part of the film was seeing some familiar scenes from the game. Thats about it really.

It really is awful. Hated it. Had no idea what was going on, who was meant to be the bad guy, who was meant to be the good guy, what anyone's motivation was or anything. Everything that it tries has been tried before in better films, and when it tries to be Saw, it really reaches rock bottom (it even uses the phrase "Live Or Die, your choice")I don't blame Timothy Olyphant tho. He's usually OK, but I think he was totally miscast here.

I also watched Bio Dome yesterday, I was thinking that it wouldn't be as funny as I remembered it but I laughed for pretty much 90 minutes straight. Talk about a hidden gem for anyone who's got an online DVD rental account. Thoroughly reccommend it

Scrubs Season One

Hey ! Got through it in about a day. Awesome. I think Brendan Fraser being in an episode instantly means it's going to be awesome. The two episodes he was in were easily the best of the season, although Dr. Cox using JD as a punching bag is a terrific scene. Overall, I really enjoyed seeing most of these episodes for the first time. Roll on Season 2 !