WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gotten back into COD 4 as a few mates from work have got it and we've been on a murder fest online.

Anyhow, just exactly what is Fallout and what is the hype around it?

Is it an FPS or an RPG or something different?

I've been thinking of getting it but for whatever reason have decided against it.

• Awards Moderator

I just ploughed through the last few minutes. Some are disappointed by the ending, works for me. I'm just designing my second playthrough, you can use this funky gadget to plan your character out, which is nice. Won't mean a lot until you've played the game sadly.

How to describe it? A very free-roaming RPG I suppose. It has FPS elements, and you can play it like that. But there's a 'pause' system called VATS which allows you to choose where to shoot and takes care of all the aiming for you (with % to hit). I use both systems, my wife doesn't get along with FPS controls so uses VATS only.

But as for the game itself, once you've left the initial training area, you'll then be tossed into a world with freedom to do pretty much what you like. And the game will largely accommodate your choices. If someone's being an arse, kill 'em. Want to do the main quest? Go ahead. Or choose to ignore it and wander the Wasteland bumping into characters and deciding to help or not. It has a magnificent atmosphere and really forces you to make some decisions while you play.

I think it's easily the game of last year, 360/PC owners with DLC will get only more life out of it. Please do try it - some people haven't got it straight away but I think they're missing out on an absorbing experience.

How you managed to express your excitement with "Superb!" in response to that particular piece of information is beyond me.

It's a talent. In fact, it's on my CV.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder is an arcade exclusive. Golden Axe 3 is an entirely different game and is unforgivably shit. Man I hate that game. How is it so totally inferior to the previous two in every conceivable way? Ugh. Revenge of Death Adder is a high quality affair though. Better than Golden Axe on both Arcade and Mega Drive and probably better than Golden Axe 2 as well. Shame it never got a home port, but yes, MAME is your friend.

Did anyone play Golden Axe: The Duel on the Saturn? Surprisingly excellent game. It's a one one one 2D fighter rather than a side scroller and it's well worth a play if you can get your hands on it.

Yeah, Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder is an arcade exclusive. Golden Axe 3 is an entirely different game and is unforgivably shit. Man I hate that game. How is it so totally inferior to the previous two in every conceivable way? Ugh. Revenge of Death Adder is a high quality affair though. Better than Golden Axe on both Arcade and Mega Drive and probably better than Golden Axe 2 as well. Shame it never got a home port, but yes, MAME is your friend.

Did anyone play Golden Axe: The Duel on the Saturn? Surprisingly excellent game. It's a one one one 2D fighter rather than a side scroller and it's well worth a play if you can get your hands on it.

i just got a saturn yesterday boxed with 5 games (

• Paid Members

Xmen vs SF, is it a NTSC Saturn then? Or a modded PAL one?

Either way that game is awesome. Marvel vs Capcom 2 ultimately took that series to ludicrous extremes, but I still have much love for that original vs game. The small roster also means that Rogue steals a different move from each character when she kisses them, which is kewl.

Beneath a Steel Sky, and Shenmue.

Beneath a Steel Sky is an awesome game. Very underrated point n clicker.

As for Fallout 3. Play it, you won't regret it. Although I still shit myself at how fast the king radscorpions run at you :(

Played DeadSpace last night for the first time with the lights off. My underwear will never be the same again.

As for Fallout 3. Play it, you won't regret it. Although I still shit myself at how fast the king radscorpions run at you :(

Played DeadSpace last night for the first time with the lights off. My underwear will never be the same again.

Is Dead Space really that good? The demo put me right off it but i still kinda wanna try it out properly.

Just finished The Darkness on 360 and i was pretty suprised at how fun it is. Shame the actual gameplay is a little dodgy.

Is Dead Space really that good? The demo put me right off it but i still kinda wanna try it out properly.

Just finished The Darkness on 360 and i was pretty suprised at how fun it is. Shame the actual gameplay is a little dodgy.

For pure atmosphere, it's brilliant. The AI on some things is just plain stupid, but around every turn the game sets you up to send you panic firing :)