The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Many people will argue that they were given the names Ax and Smash, though I remain convinced that they were not given individual names until Barry "Krusher Krushchev" Darsow replaced Culley, and Mr Fuji was instated as their manager...

I saw a real old Demolition match on Classics years ago, and I'm quite sure they were called Demolition 1 and 2 initially, like Doom and the Pitbulls and others.
Huzzah! Everyone I've ever argued this with claims they were given the names Ax and Smash more-or-less straight away, but I'm sure that Culley was never called Smash, and that they weren't given the names until Darsow came on board.Incidentally, Brian Adams wasn't called Crush when he first debuted, going by the (very imaginative) name BA when he started filling in for Ax on the house show circuit in Spring 1990...
Just checked the Observer with the report on the debut of Eadie and Culley in the role, and they are listed as Ax (well, Axe actually) and Smash. If I get the chance, I'll dig out the tape sometime to check.On the TNA front, you can get a spoiler-free list of matches at:http://www.outcastvideo.pwp.blueyonder.co....eo/nwa_tna1.htmAnd regarding Graham Cawthon's site, I must admit I once (while, not coincidentally, talking on IM to Sickboy), mistakenly attempted to visit www.thehistoryofweewee.com :blush:

Just checked the Observer with the report on the debut of Eadie and Culley in the role, and they are listed as Ax (well, Axe actually) and Smash. If I get the chance, I'll dig out the tape sometime to check.

Don't you f**king dare, I can't be wrong on this one... :D

• Paid Members

I just watched Judgment Day 2003 and during the bikini challenege, i realsied that the crowd had to "deicde" who won. is that a fix or do they really do for crowd reaction?

Guest Edgehead

Its a fix.. Th WWE has an idea before the divas go out on who they want to win. To do this they put their winner in a more revealing or sexy outfit and the loser in something not so overwhelming.

1) What was Shawn Michaels angrily mouthing towards the hard camera after his match with Diesel at In Your House 7?

He seemed to be challenging someone and did a few Hogan poses, I assume it had something to do with WCW but does anyone know anything more about it?

2) I was reading something about Manami Toyota this morning and it listed one of her patented moves was the "Ocean Cyclone Suplex which has to be seen to be believed". What type of suplex is that?

Guest amg

What year did WWE Smackdown (the full show) appear on SKYONE?just like to add that in the statement by the BSkyB guy after they renewed the new contract he said "we will provide even more WWE programming for you on SKY". Thats a massive contradiction to their recent actions of taking most WWE shows off SKYONE.

What year did WWE Smackdown (the full show) appear on SKYONE?just like to add that in the statement by the BSkyB guy after they renewed the new contract he said "we will provide even more WWE programming for you on SKY". Thats a massive contradiction to their recent actions of taking most WWE shows off SKYONE.

Yes.... But in fairness they've added a fair few to Sky Sports....

Guest amg

but it doesnt seem logical to take everything off skyone, hence narrow the potential wrestling audience. i reckon about 4-5 million people have skysports in relation to the total base of 7.7million customers.

but it doesnt seem logical to take everything off skyone, hence narrow the potential wrestling audience. i reckon about 4-5 million people have skysports in relation to the total base of 7.7million customers.
Exactly....And why do fewer people have Sky Sports than have Sky One do you think? Answer - because people have to pay a premium for the sports channels. Therefore putting the WWE (one of my main reasons for subscribing to Sky Sports in the first place for over a decade - and I'm sure there's thousands more like me) exclusively on Sky Sports IS a logical move from a business point of view. It's shrewd, and completely based on financial profit without giving a damn about the customers - but you can't call it illogical. Unfortunately Sky is just like any other business that's worth a damn nowadays.... Financially motivated. Edited by Sichadelic

Guest amg

but people on cable get sky one. which would mean more viewers. they now only get the wwe experience, and i know what i'd prefer.

yeah. I dont think it would harm SKY by putting atleast WWE Afterburn and the Bottom Line back on skyone. It can only be good for the wrestling fanbase.