The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Foley was "helping" them out and in what was meant to sound like an obvious lie... told them that Christian should train in the chicken suit as its what Angle did for the Olympics... the whole thing was made by Angle turning up at the end of the show (it was an episode of Heat I believe) with they line "Hey! My chicken suit!"

• Paid Members

What's this "Christian trying to make weight for the cruiserweight title in a chicken suit" stuff I'm hearing a lot about in Edge's biography? The whole sentence doesn't make sense. Why would Christian need to make weight for the cruiserweight title, and why was he wearing a chicken suit to do so?

The term "make weight" means to be under the weight limit for the division - same in boxing, MMA, and any other combat sport with weight divisions. Since people usually like to be as big as they can be (in most cases, size=power), "making weight" usually involves dropping weight to fit under the limit.

What's this "Christian trying to make weight for the cruiserweight title in a chicken suit" stuff I'm hearing a lot about in Edge's biography? The whole sentence doesn't make sense. Why would Christian need to make weight for the cruiserweight title, and why was he wearing a chicken suit to do so?

Here's what happened.At the start of an episode of HeAT, Edge and Christian go to visit Commissioner Foley about a dream Christian had of double gold. Foley offers him a title match afainst Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko later that night, but wanted to know Christian's weight."217.""You're lying.""Dammit. OK, 226...""Well the weight limit is 225 pounds."Therefore, Christian had one hour to lose a pound of weight, with the assistance of Foley.***The next segment saw Christian running up flights of stairs and announcing he's quitting, which Foley wasn't too chuffed with."No you're not quitting. And medical science has determined that the quickest way to shed water weight is with the aid of a rubber suit.""Well do you have one?""No I don't. But I do have this."And that's when the chicken suit came out, with Christian saying he's not going to wear it, much to Foley's chagrin."Get back here Mister. Let me tell you of another man who had dreams of gold. Olympic gold.""Kurt?""Kurt Angle. And it's this suit that got him there."***The third segment is a quick one with Christian doing star jumps in the chicken suit.***The final segment has Christian emerging from the toilet after a massive self-induced vomiting session to come across Kurt Angle, who recognises Christian's outfit."Hey, my chicken suit!""Yeah, 224!"He gives Kurt a high-five and leaves, with the camera staying on Kurt who smells his vomit-tainted palm.***The resulting match was played for comedy, as Christian was too dehydrated to wrestle, and Malenko made short work of him to retain the Light Heavyweight Title. Edited by freaky_jason

Guest Josh Jenkins

Were's it based then? Whys it called Ohio?

Kentucky. God (or Lister) knows why it's called Ohio Valley Wrestling.

• Paid Members

It refers to the Ohio river, not the state itself. The river forms the border between Kentucky and Ohio, and Louisville is in the valley formed by the river, hence Ohio Valley Wrestling. They do hold a lot of their spot shows in Ohio.

Foley was "helping" them out and in what was meant to sound like an obvious lie... told them that Christian should train in the chicken suit as its what Angle did for the Olympics... the whole thing was made by Angle turning up at the end of the show (it was an episode of Heat I believe) with they line "Hey! My chicken suit!"

Does anyone have the Chicken Suit stuff anywhere?? It's not on Youtube with many of the other E&C/Kurt segments, and it really is one of the funniest episode long bits ever!

Why were some of the Delta releases of ECW dubbed over with stock music, and others released with the original songs? Not only is the stock music really annyoing (especially during a New Jack match), but the inconsistency doesn't seem to make any immediate sense to me.