The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I just went to the 'Ticket' secition of the ROH website and added the number of tickets I wanted to my cart then carried on to the checkout. From there it is a very simple form to fill in (credit card details, Name, address etc) and then after you have completed this they send you an email confirmation. After that you will get the tickets sent to your home address in about 7-10 days. No probs at all mate.Finlay

Guest Josh Jenkins

So basically, paying with a credit card manually instead of through PayPal means free delivery? Wicked. Just seems a bit odd really...

• Paid Members

The other alternative is to use paypal, but instead of using the 'click here to pay via paypal' link when the ROH site presents that option, open the paypal site seperately, log in, send money, select ROHHelp@aol.com (that's right i think), send the amount for the tickets only, and use the title "payment for order #10000" or whatever so they know what you're paying for.

• Paid Members

So basically, paying with a credit card manually instead of through PayPal means free delivery? Wicked. Just seems a bit odd really...

The reason is that tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper to send in a small envelope than DVDs, tshirts and the other things they sell and ship in parcels, so there's no need for them to charge $7 for shipping.

Whats the story with the WWF Junior Heavyweight title? How did a WWF junior belt end up living in japan? Its acknowldged by WWF/E is it? As their first title of that weight class was the one made in 1997 isnt it?

• Paid Members

Does Snitsky have colouring on his teeth or are they really that yellow?

I'm fairly sure it's colouring, as they've been getting slowly more ludicrously orange with each passing week. Much like the Hulkster.

I'm 99.999999999999999999% sure his teeth weren't like that when he was 'toe sucking' Snitsky on RAW and later Heat :) He just disappeared for a while and came back with no hair, eyebrows (as if he doesn't look odd enough), and beard with colouring on his ivories.

Whats the story with the WWF Junior Heavyweight title? How did a WWF junior belt end up living in japan? Its acknowldged by WWF/E is it? As their first title of that weight class was the one made in 1997 isnt it?

Wrestling Title Histories is your friend! :) It's from the era when New Japan worked with the WWF. The Japanese really liked (and still do like) the idea of a Japanese person winning an American title, and since New York was always a giants' territory, Vince Sr. had nothing to lose by lending his company name to a "little guy" title for his Japanese friends. Jose Estrada beats Tony Garea in Uniondale, NY on 20/1/78. Tatsumi Fujinami beats him at the Garden on the 23rd, then heads for Japan. It doesn't return until Dynamite Kid (as champion) defects to All Japan, and so Cobra beats Black Tiger (Mark Rocco) at the Garden to re-establish it. That version of the title was abandoned in October of '85, in preparation for the launch of the IWGP junior title in February of '86.In December 1991, a new version of the title was established by Super World Sports, Tenryu's company that was affiliated with the WWF. Naoki Sano beat Rick Martel to win it, and though Title Histories doesn't say so, I'm fairly certain Martel was announced as champion going into that match, as it was covered in one of the first wrestling magazines I ever bought. :p The promotion closed in 1992, and I believe Sano took the belt with him, though the book doesn't help me figure out where to.The title was part of the J-Crown in 1996. However, I've lost my copy of the Observer with the awesome coverage of that tourney, so I don't know who held it going in. I have a feeling it might have been Sano, which would probably mean he'd held it all that time and had either not defended it or had never lost it anywhere. Anyone who knows better, feel free to contribute.

In December 1991, a new version of the title was established by Super World Sports, Tenryu's company that was affiliated with the WWF.

Tenryu also ran WAR, didn't he? Why did both companies close?
I guess because they ran out of money.

Kenny - you're a wee bit out on the WWF title situation, but it's understandable.

The WWF Jr Heavyweight Title that you talk about that was made famous by Fujinami and Tiger Mask and was retired by The Cobra in '85 - presumably that is the belt that was revived by SWS in '91 was abandoned in 1992 after SWS died. Naoki Sano was the last (and only) champion, and that belt was never revived.

The belt that featured in the J-Crown was the WWF Light Heavyweight Title. That belt has its origins in the early 80s also, and was made famous by Perro Aguayo and Villano III, primarily in Mexico, under the auspices of the UWA. Great Sasuke brought the belt to Japan in time to be the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion going into the J-Crown tournament - which he went on to win. The title remained part of the J-Crown until WWE asked Shinjiro Ohtani for the belt back in October '97 so they could put it up in the tournament that was won by TAKA. The last champion was X-Pac, before that belt was abandoned in favour of the WCW (now WWE) Cruiserweight Title.

Here is that title's history