The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Iwasa was given a 15-match trial series - if he won any one of them, the unit would be recognized, but he lost all of them via camel clutch

I think I need a comp of that. I hope there's a bout that he controls all the way through, but the opponent gets a camel clutch locks in and Iwasa taps instantly. That'd be great.

Re: Ultimate Warrior

I've only heard of one incident; can you elaborate, please? I just can't see why they would go to such great lengths to do something of this nature...

He left the WWF in 1991. I'm not sure why because there are so many stories, the most popular one being that he asked for a then-unheard of guaranteed contract, at which point Vince sent him packing.He left again in late 1992, shortly before Survivor Series (where he was scheduled to team with Macho Man against Razor Ramon & Ric Flair). Again, the most popular story is that his ego began making monetary demands that couldn't be justified, and he was let ago. On his shoot interview, Warrior says that Vince fired him, in order to take the heat off himself in time for the inevitable steroids trial. Yet another story, from one of the Wrestlecrap books, talks about how Warrior was going to be 'demoted' into a feud with Nailz, so he just left.And, in 1996, he left again on bad terms. He then sued Vince and Titansports. Eventually, he prevailed in court and I believe he now owns the rights to the Ultimate Warrior name.Since he left the business in 1998, he has badmouthed the wrestling industry on many occasions. And he's not the most politically correct guy either. Tact isn't exactly his strong point.I guess the forthcoming DVD is just a way of Vince getting one over on Warrior, although I doubt Warrior will lose any sleep over it. It has always been the WWF/E way to bury former talent, either on VHS/DVD or in their publications. I just want to say that I was a big Warrior fan in the day, but I don't like the way he talks nowadays when it comes to politics. He could learn a thing or two about tolerance and tact, in my opinion.The more eloquent members of this forum will probably be able to explain a few more things better than I can. Edited by King Cobra

In Power Slam every month they have a section with posts from the forum RSPW. I've seen Scott Keith reference this forum too. Does anyone have any info on this place and the web address for it? It sounds like the ultimate smark forum. What I don't get is why PS always pulls quotes from there and only pulls quotes from the UKFF once or twice a year. Are they being paid to promote it or something?

What I don't get is why PS always pulls quotes from there and only pulls quotes from the UKFF once or twice a year. Are they being paid to promote it or something?

I wondered that too.Every month Mo mentions some wrestling story that happened and says "Here's what the people of RSPW thought ...". As far as I know it's just a group of wrestling fans no different from here or any other wrestling fan message board/forum.

Re: Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD DEBACLE

I wish I hadn't pre-ordered this.

It had an initial release date of September. No date was given. I'm not complaining. It's only a month, yet there is something else bothering me.

Now, there is another thing popping up on the 'net. Half of the online retailers have it listed as a 2-disc set. WWE Shopzone and Silver Vision have it listed as a 1-disc set and so do a lot of other online retailers. However, to make things worse, somebody told me that there is a 2-disc set, but that the 2-disc set is exclusive to one U.S. retail chain. I would e-mail Silver Vision, but they don't appear to be answering e-mails nowadays.

So, my question is...

Does anyone know what is going on? 1 or 2 discs? Release date? I've never known a DVD release with so much confusion.

Thank you.

Edited by King Cobra

Does anyone know what is going on? 1 or 2 discs? Release date? I've never known a DVD release with so much confusion.

I am certain the UK release is just a one DVD release, not dual DVD.It could be certain stores get a bonus disc, like the Triple H - That Damn Good DVD which was exclusive to Walmart or Kmart in 2001/02.

Cheers, ukedge. It was just getting silly to be honest. I mean, this isn't a first, but there are so many conflicting descriptions regarding the DVD on various sites (which are usually reputable sites). Also, there seem to be so many sites in this day and age that never answer e-mails, which is wrong considering paying customers deserve an answer if they're ordering something.Anyway, I'm just ranting. Thanks again.

Is there any specific reason as to why Triple H has been gone so long? Is he healing a legit injury?

Rumour has it that he and Stephanie are trying for a baby, so he's off the ster...erm, vitamins. Naturally, he doesn't want to appear on TV. Or, he doesn't want to appear on TV naturally. ;)

Is there any specific reason as to why Triple H has been gone so long? Is he healing a legit injury?

Three reasons really.1: To sell the effects of the Hell In The Cell against Batista.2: To freshen up his character a bit.3: He was learning the ropes on the business side of the WWE, as he will be heavily involved in the running of the company someday.

So I was watching Smackdown and thinking that Eddie Guerrero deserves a freakin' Emmy or something, and I got to wondering:Has any pro-wrestling TV show or commerical release ever won a mainstream industry award, either for the show itself or for an individual performance (more likely to be an editor or producer than a wrestler, I expect)?

I don't remember the details, but I think the 1999 WWF Superbowl advert "Get it?" (the one set in Titan Towers where the wrestlers were acting normal but the office workers were doing wrestling stuff) won an advertising award.Also, Wrestling With Shadows won a shedload of independent film awards.
I believe an ECW album was nominated for an Emmy, or at least Motorhead's version of "Enter Sandman" from the album was...

Though Flair lost the loser-leaves match on Raw, he stayed with the company for a couple of weeks to do a European tour where he was on with Bret Hart every night. These matches were in the 30-35 minute range and RULED.

Is there any possible way of viewing these matches?Tape traders etc?
The tape "Ric Flair Handhelds and Rairites" has a Flair v Hart match from either the London or Sheffield Arena (or even Birmingham) which may be from this run. Should be easy enough to find, though you'll probably struggle to find good tape quality...

ROH Commentary questions:1. Why is ROH's commentary not recorded live with proper commentators, as it is in most US indies?2. Why does the head booker Gabe Sapolsky comentate under fake names and why did he change his fake name from "Chris Lovey" to "Jimmy Bower"?3. Are Mark Nolte and Ray Murrow also the same guy and what are their other jobs in ROH?4. What does the C.M stand for in C.M Punk?

1. Are most US indies done live? CZW and IWA:MS certainly, but are all others?3. No, they are not the same guy. I don't think Nulty does anything else for RoH, though he runs the wrestlingclassics site, so you could ask him yourself...