The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Couple of footnotes to previous answers:I don't think Hogan's WCW deal ever had a flat-rate per year. However, he was on 25% of any PPV income above the level of when he entered (which obviously added up to a fortune during the boom), a straight 25% of any house show he worked, $50,000 for each TV appearance, and a favourable system of merchandise royalties.Something like 'the Game' is such a generic phrase that you could only trademark it for a specific use (in this case, pro wrestling).

Guest Ashley

Definitely October 1996 but not definite about which week: I think it was October 14th.

Cheers. Was that on Superstars or Raw?
I'm sure it was on Superstars.

• Paid Members

I'm sure you're not meant to answer your own questions on here, but it's one that's come up a few times.On some of the later pay-per-views, I've simply listed the time slot, but as with most shows, they finished 10-15 minutes before the hour.[bold]How long did each WrestleMania last?[/bold]1: 2hrs 30mins (shown live on closed circuit), cut to 2 hours on home video.2: 3hrs (1 hour from each location), cut to 2 hours on home video. As a trivia note, the order of the show varied:East Coast: 8pm New York hour live, 9pm Chicago hour live, 10pm LA hour liveMid-West: 7pm: NY live, 8pm Chicago live, 9pm LA liveMountains: (I think) 8pm LA live, 9pm NY delayed, 10pm LA delayedWest Coast: 7pm LA live, 8pm NY delayed, 9pm Chicago delayed3: Approximately 3 hours. (Not certain, but the video runs 3 hours and has no matches cut. There are some interviews missing, but also some bonus footage, so the live show will have gone 3 hours or slightly over)4: 3hrs 28 mins (uncut on video, but two tape set)5: 3hrs 32 mins (uncut on video)6: Approx 3hrs 15 mins OR 3hrs 40mins, including interval before main event (cut to 3 hours on video, some matches edited)7: Approx 3hrs 30 (Sky broadcast ran 3hrs 20 but edited out a skit and an interval) (cut to 3hours on video, some matches edited)8-15: 3hrs including interval (uncut on video)16: Approx 3hrs 20 (plus 37 minutes post-game show)17-19: 4 hrs20: 4 hrs 30 mins21: 4hrs

Edited by JNLister

5: 3hrs 32 mins (uncut on video)6: Approx 3hrs 15 mins including interval before main event (cut to 3 hours on video, some matches edited)7: Approx 3hrs 30 (Sky broadcast ran 3hrs 20 but edited out a skit and an interval) (cut to 3hours on video, some matches edited)

WM5 and WM6 were both cut to about 2 hours 40 minutes on video actually and they edited way too much for my liking. WM7 may have been about 2 hours 50 minutes on video but again they edited too mcuh.

I've edited my post above to show 3:15 or 3:40 for WrestleMania VI. If somebody has an original tape (the broadcast, not the home video), can they check and confirm which is right.

My true story, which should help you on this:As a 10 year old who had been somewhat hooked on WWF for about 9 months, it came as a big blow when a family situation meant we had to leave the house we were living in. This house had Astra satellite, and thus I was left WWF-less. It meant I missed Demolition v Powers of Pain on WWF Superstars the weekend or so before WM6 (which I believe was the only time the two teams collided in a straight 2 on 2 match on television). I therefore had a bit of a mad scramble to find someone to tape WM6 for me, because there was no chance in hell I was missing "THE ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTIMATE CHALLLLLENGE". It meant a call to my cousin...Everything was put in place. I had given him a 4 hour tape to record WM onto, even though it was only listed in the paper as going about 3 hours. Seizing the opportunity, I also gave him a three hour tape for Robocop. I realise it was a little ambitious for a 10 year old to be getting an 18 rated film recorded, but we were working class, and that sort of thing was mostly accepted (rule of thumb seemed to be that we were allowed 15-rated films from the video car on a Friday night, but 18s had to be taken on a film by film basis).So, you can somewhat imagine my horror when I eventually got the tapes home, and quickly came to the realisation that Robocop was on the 4 hour tape...and WM on the 3 hour tape! The consequence of this was that the tape started with Rick Rude v Jimmy Snuka, and then the main event. It then segued into the start of Hercules v Earthquake, meaning I missed Martel v Ware and the tag title change (which I really wanted to see, oddly). All of this would probably mean that the event probably came somewhere near 3:40. IIRC the home video version chopped down Martel v Koko, and the Mexican wave had oddly disappeared from DiBiase v Roberts.As for my cousin, I later broke his shin in an incident at an ice skating ring, and will be attending his wedding in a few weeks...

Guest Sebastien

Can someone explain the rules/format of a War Games match. Not sure if its different rules in different promotions, but looking for the rules WCW used.

War Games (WCW): Two adjoining rings are surrounded by a cage of chain link fencing with an enclosed ceiling. Two teams of four face each other. A fresh man enters the cage every 2 minutes until all 8 men are in the cage. A coin toss takes place beforehand to determine what team will have the man advantage, as the teams will either be at even strength or in a handicap situation. The team that gets their opponents to give up first wins. The cage's ceiling is usually very low and it is hard for the competitors to hit aerial moves and for the spectators sometimes to see what is going on

• Paid Members

To clarify, you only have to get one person on the other team to submit (or the team captain can surrender on behalf of the team, as happened when Pillman was KOed in 1991). Also, the finish can only come once everyone is in the cage (this period is called 'The Match Beyond').