The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What's the difference between 'play-by-play' and 'colour' commentary?

Play by play provides an insight into the psychology of a match; what the move is, what it does, why it's done. Colour is to get the gimmick/angle over?EDIT: ColourPBP Edited by Sauron

What's the difference between 'play-by-play' and 'colour' commentary?

The play-by-play commentator will announce the action in a technical, sport-like style, describing each move in a way to get the psychology and tatical storyline of the match over.The color commentator will add personal insight, humour and, quite commonly, a heel argumentative point of view.In football comparison terms think of Sky's play-by-play commentator Martin Tyler (a Jim Ross, Gordon Solie or Lance Russell) and color man Andy Gray (a Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lawler or Bobby Heenan).Of course, sometimes you get cross-overs like Joey Styles (or in footy terms, when he is alone, Motty). Edited by old blue eyes

Am I the only one who thinks WWE are on a roll ?

Tut, Tut. That's a matter of opinion not fact, not allowed here. Bugger off :pTo answer, I think they are rolling off a cliff.
Im glad someone got the joke of it all. I was expecting people to take that question so seriously.Ill think of a better one next time LOL :laugh:

Guest HBK1977

When did Austin break Brian Pillman's angle?

Not trying to be funny but........I didn't know you could break an angle. An ANKLE, yes, but not an angle. :confused:

Guest Mr Russo

How many were these stars making in 1996 - 1999HoganAustinGoldbergBret HartMacho ManThe RockMankindHBKUndertakerJerico

• Paid Members

How many were these stars making in 1996 - 1999

Assuming you meant how much, i remember a PS article from around 1999 had the Wrestlers in a Pay Scale. Some of these may be a tad vague.Hogan - Around $2.5 million quarenteed.Austin - I believe he took home around $6m in 1998.Goldberg - Time Warner were paying him his $3m downside even after WCW folded.Bret Hart - Bret was on a good whack with the WWF which was why they needed to get him off the payrole, He was on $3m guarenteed with WCW.Macho Man - I believe he was in the

Guest Richard Studden

Just wondering, does anyone know where I could download the Theme Music used at Wrestlemania 19 for the Booker T/Triple H promo?Cheers

This is maybe a bit nit-picky, but since WWE are so politically minded and all, you know how they're tightarses in legal issues, how come WWE have not sued rapper The Game for copyright infringement?

They couldn't sue for copyright infringement - only trademark infringement. And their case wouldn't be a strong one, since although 'The Game' obviously has strong connotations for a wrestling fan, it's made up of common words in everyday usage, and isn't distinctive enough to be a defensible trademark.I knew that Intellectual Property training course I got forced to do would come in useful at some point. :(