The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

It's a little bit more complicated than that. Ventura thought he deserved the money but I think his contract was vague on the subject. He asked Vince outright for repeat fees as part of his deal and Vince told him no-one got any repeat fees. Jesse asked "what, even Hogan?" and Vince again said that no-one got repeat fees. Jesse later found out that Hogan did, in fact, get money for re-released footage of him, so having been lied to in negotiations, his case was pretty much an open-and-shut deal.

This has probably been asked a few times, but anyway. Has anyone ordered dvds from the PWG website? If so, are they recommended? Or, is there anywhere in the UK you can order official PWG dvds? Im looking at ordering the last European Vacation.

I ordered the PWG BOLA triple pack from the PWG website.It took longer than expected but when I e-mailed them, they explained that there had been some sort of problem and that it should be with me soon. Indeed it was, the next day infact. I think it was a one off problem and wouldn't worry about it.

I've noticed the omission of Ventura from various WWE dvds over the last few years but he is heard on commentary throughout the Roddy Piper dvd.How did they manage that?

If I remember it right, at some point WWE and Ventura struck a deal (presumably just before the release of the WrestleMania Anthology box-set) in order to get Ventura's voice on the discs. There had been a lot of conceren from fans around the time that all those early shows (1 through 6) would be Ventura-less and all except 2 would feature Gorilla Monsoon talking to himself.As best I can tell, the deal has allowed them to put select matches with Jesse's announcing on other DVD releases such as Piper's and Hogan's but I don't believe the deal covered his entire body of work so his WCW announcing is still MIA.

I've noticed the omission of Ventura from various WWE dvds over the last few years but he is heard on commentary throughout the Roddy Piper dvd.How did they manage that?

If I remember it right, at some point WWE and Ventura struck a deal (presumably just before the release of the WrestleMania Anthology box-set) in order to get Ventura's voice on the discs. There had been a lot of conceren from fans around the time that all those early shows (1 through 6) would be Ventura-less and all except 2 would feature Gorilla Monsoon talking to himself.As best I can tell, the deal has allowed them to put select matches with Jesse's announcing on other DVD releases such as Piper's and Hogan's but I don't believe the deal covered his entire body of work so his WCW announcing is still MIA.
They should definitely remove Ventura's commentary, and leave Monsoon in there rambling like a mad-man. Better yet, do it on commentary with Heenan, Monsoon bickering to himself. It'll be like the Garfield minus Garfield comic strips

They should definitely remove Ventura's commentary, and leave Monsoon in there rambling like a mad-man. Better yet, do it on commentary with Heenan, Monsoon bickering to himself. It'll be like the Garfield minus Garfield comic strips
Boy, I love this idea."Big shot by Hogan...WILL YOU STOP!"

"Oh look at that leverage move by the Hitman, and Piper's hot. He's upset.

Oh, he spat at him. That was uncalled for, an apology is in order.

.... Champion of what?!

The only gold you ever had was in your teeth.

... test of strength here".

:D

What with WWE's recent inroads into HD television, has anyone within the company mentioned anything about releasing PPVs etc on the next-gen format? Or is it still something that WWE are yet to comment/make a decision on?I did wonder if WWE might be closer to their first Blu-Ray release, after the recent announcement that HD-DVD is virtually dead in the water now & Blu-Ray appears to have won the next-gen war. I guess there's no rush for them to start releasing Blu-Ray PPVs whilst the DVDs are still selling well, but did wonder if any minor announcements or hints had been made...

Also whilst im here, does the record for fastest match in the WWE still stand with the Rock pinning the Big Boss Man in 4 seconds at Survivor Series 98??

I dont think there's an "official" record, but i seem to remember Tazz being beaten by someone, possibly Jerry Lawler, in 3 seconds, sometime in 2000.

Put me out of my misery!

Can anyone shed light on which episode of RAW it was that Vince McMahon came running down the ramp and did a hop over a cable?

P.S. I'm pretty sure it was an Austin match if that helps!

Edited by TheSlickster