The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Is Pac's (the UK Wrestler) name pronounced 'PACK' or 'PARK' like americans say. Eg. X-PAC

Oh that used to piss me off so much when J.R would say X-Park instead of X-Pac!

• Paid Members

Which PPV featured The Four Horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Lex Luger, Steve Williams & Paul Ellering in a WarGames match?Cheers.

I think you must have a name or two mixed up, I dont think that match ever happened.88 was the awful Tower of doom match.Great American Bash 87 is the closest I can think of. That WarGames was The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), Nikita Koloff, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul Ellering vs The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, Tully Blanchard, and JJ. Dillon).Steve Williams was in the 88 tower of doom match but that included loads of different guys.

• Paid Members

Which PPV featured The Four Horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Lex Luger, Steve Williams & Paul Ellering in a WarGames match?Cheers.

I think you must have a name or two mixed up, I dont think that match ever happened.88 was the awful Tower of doom match.Great American Bash 87 is the closest I can think of. That WarGames was The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), Nikita Koloff, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul Ellering vs The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, Tully Blanchard, and JJ. Dillon).Steve Williams was in the 88 tower of doom match but that included loads of different guys.
The Horsemen-Rhodes/Koloff/Luger/Williams match (on the Horsemen DVD) was from the 1988 Bash tour, but from a different show (Miami) to the one that aired on PPV (Baltimore).

• Paid Members

The Horsemen-Rhodes/Koloff/Luger/Williams match (on the Horsemen DVD) was from the 1988 Bash tour, but from a different show (Miami) to the one that aired on PPV (Baltimore).
Oh, I see. I havnt seen the Horsemen dvd.So in the late eighties the GAB would actually be a tour? with only one of the shows being shown as the official GAB pay per view? Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

1985 was a one off show.1986 was a major tour, booking football stadiums and having firework displays and country bands as well. It was a mixed success from venue to venue.1987 and 1988 were both tours, often with War Games matches. In 88 the Baltimore show was on live PPV (with a match from another show put on as a bonus on the tape).From 89 on, the Bash name was only used for the PPV, though in 1991 they did War Games matches at some of the summer house shows.

That's what had me confused - the fact that the Four Horsemen DVD had the match listed as from GAB '88, yet the match not appearing on the GAB '88 show I've seen (which would be the Baltimore PPV).I was aware that the GAB were tours in 1986 and 1987, but I thought that from 1988 onwards it became a one-off PPV.Thanks John and everyone else who helped. :thumbsup: