The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Shows that are shown in hour slots on channels with adverts like Buffy are shown in hour slots, but when it was on BBC2 it was shown in forty-five minute slots. So that's a good half an hour that can be added to a show just through adverts, so that takes your 85 minutes up to 115 minutes, which is about two hours.

• Paid Members

Smackdown has always run short in the UK as it's a two hour show (there's no overrun like RAW) in a two hour slot, but with more commercial time than is allowed on UK TV.It used to be that it would run for 1:50 in the UK, so I guess they just got tired of having to use trailers/Sky Sports classic segments to fill the space at the end.Raw can vary in length by a good five minutes from week to week, so Sky may be having to use inserts on occasions during the repeats.

What was the purpose of Shawn Michaels being accompanied by Jose Lothario in 1996? He obviously wasn't a mouthpeice or anything like that, so did he have any real reason (other than being the mentor) for being at ringside?

• Paid Members

What was the purpose of Shawn Michaels being accompanied by Jose Lothario in 1996? He obviously wasn't a mouthpeice or anything like that, so did he have any real reason (other than being the mentor) for being at ringside?

Jose Lothario - who was Shawn's trainer - came into it because Shawn was supposedly re-dedicating his career to winning the WWF Title, meaning he went back to his original trainer to prepare him for the biggest test of his life. Lothario was an on-screen reminder of that.Why he continued to accompany him after he won the belt is beyond me.

Does anyone remember the feud between doink and randy savage? Ya know where there was allways more than one doink and savage decided to put a end to it? on a episode of WWF wrestling challenge...I mised that episode does anyone know what the plan was that savage had to deal with doink?

Edited by hitman89762000

Jose Lothario - who was Shawn's trainer - came into it because Shawn was supposedly re-dedicating his career to winning the WWF Title, meaning he went back to his original trainer to prepare him for the biggest test of his life. Lothario was an on-screen reminder of that.Why he continued to accompany him after he won the belt is beyond me.
Ah fair play for spelling out the first bit for me. Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Sympathy. But when Sid smashed Jose up with the TV camera, it was in New York where all the tough guys though Shawn was a weenie and sided with Sid anyway. Good on them, I did too!

• Paid Members

Dynamite Kid's 'Pure Dynamite' book I was wondering if he wrote about the fight he had with Jacques Rougeau which led him to quit the WWF awhile after?

Yes
He also writes that Survivor Series "was going to be an interesting match, for the simple reason that we might end up in the ring with the Rougeaus. And as it was our last night with the WWF, well, who knows what could have happened?" He then explains how Rougeau was eliminated quickly before they were in the ring together, and that he left the building before the Bulldogs were eliminated from the match.This would be a much better story if the tape of the match didn't show Dynamite and Rougeau in the ring together working spots perfectly professionally.

In Foleys first book he states that he had "a brief fling with a female wrester who most of you should know", any idea who that could be?

Edited by KRISProdigy

Shawn Michaels © Vs. Ken Shamrock - WWF World Title MatchSteve Austin © Vs. The Rock - WWF Intercontinental Title MatchJeff Jarrett Vs. The UndertakerHunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Sgt. Slaughter - Boot Camp MatchThe Legion of Doom Vs. The New Age Outlaws © - WWF Tag Team Title MatchMarc Mero Vs. Butterbean - Toughman MatchLos Boricuas (Miguel P