The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I was watching GAEA(SP?) today and I noticed that loads of crepe streamers were thrown into the ring and then people rushed in to clear the ring as quickly as possible.Is this done as a ritual?This must cost a fair bit.

:yinyang: Can someone please explain to me what the Doomsday match was in WCW. Namely who was in it, what were the rules, who won it and how many times has it happened.

It was a triple-decker Cage match. It happened only once at Uncensored 1995 (I think). Don't wory about the "rules" as it made no sense and was just an excuse for Hogan and Savage to beat up eight heels.

:yinyang: Can someone please explain to me what the Doomsday match was in WCW. Namely who was in it, what were the rules, who won it and how many times has it happened.

Doomsday happened just the once. That it was allowed to happen that many times is an outrage in itself.The match pitted Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage against Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Kevin Sullivan, Lex Luger, Meng, The Barbarian, Z-Gangsta and The Ultimate Solution. Ultimate Solution was originally named Final Solution (after Hitler's plan to wipe out the Jews) but this was later thought to be a bad idea and changed to Ultimate Solution. Z-Gangsta was formerly known as Zeus in the WWF. Both Zeus and Solution were actors, not wrestlers.The bout took place inside (and outside) three cages stacked on top of each other with The Monster Maniacs fighting their way to the ground level.The match ended after Savage and Hogan smashed all the heels up with frying pans then left the cage (for the second time). Then went back in so Savage could actually pin someone to end the carnage.Naturally, Ric Flair did the job.And yes, everything written above is completely, 100% the truth.-------------Question: Am I right to assume that Monday's RAW (UK version) will be a 2006 Best of given the Iraq tapings this week?

• Paid Members

Does anybody know what happened to Jimmy Snuka between Wrestlemania 1 and Wrestlemania 5? Thanks brahs.

Question: Am I right to assume that Monday's RAW (UK version) will be a 2006 Best of given the Iraq tapings this week?

I assume it will be. Its been like that the last few years.

Does anybody know what happened to Jimmy Snuka between Wrestlemania 1 and Wrestlemania 5? Thanks brahs.

He had a fallout with management in the summer of 1985 which led to him leaving, and then he wrestled for the AWA for most of 1986 before falling out with them too.Between then and his comeback at WrestleMania V though, no idea.

I have two UFC questions...1)Have they ever promoted a fight in a ring instead of a cage?2)Is it likely Chris Leben/Josh Koscheck will happen again anytime soon?

1. I'm 99.9 percent sure they haven't. Not under the UFC name anyway.2. Not really. They fight in different weight classes now.

It was a triple-decker Cage match. It happened only once at Uncensored 1995 (I think). Don't wory about the "rules" as it made no sense and was just an excuse for Hogan and Savage to beat up eight heels.
The actual match only happened once but the cage itself was very similar to that used in at Great American Bash 88 (Tower of Doom or something?)...

The actual match only happened once but the cage itself was very similar to that used in at Great American Bash 88 (Tower of Doom or something?)...
Lets not forget the Ready to Rumble cage match at Slamboree 2000 featuring Jeff Jarrett vs DDP vs WCW champion David Arquette.

Lets not forget the Ready to Rumble cage match at Slamboree 2000 featuring Jeff Jarrett vs DDP vs WCW champion David Arquette.