The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Another ECW question, on the Delta release of Hardcore Heaven '97, why has the last 8 minutes and 30 seconds been cut from the Delta music release? This was the brawl between The Duleyz vs New Jack, Terry Funk, Elimanators and the Chair Swinging Freaks?

Is it that New Jack's music is playing, making it impossible to edit in a generic theme without losing the crowd noise and commentary?
This was before Delta started to use the generic music, and were still using the genuine ECW used music.

How long was Man Mountain Rock in the WWF in 1995? I don't really remember him apart from the guitar playing before he wrestled. Did he have any notable feuds?

Nope, not a single feud. Don't know how long he was there and dont remember anything about any of his matches either. Think he just did a few squashes on Superstars and faded away.
This is all a bit hazy! Did he have a minor feud with Rad Radford or did he team with him? Or am I imagining the whole thing!? Edited by Georgie Pin

How long was Man Mountain Rock in the WWF in 1995? I don't really remember him apart from the guitar playing before he wrestled. Did he have any notable feuds?

Nope, not a single feud. Don't know how long he was there and dont remember anything about any of his matches either. Think he just did a few squashes on Superstars and faded away.
This is all a bit hazy! Did he have a minor feud with Rad Radford or did he team with him? Or am I imagining the whole thing!?
Yeah, I think I remember I minor Grunge vs Metal feud between Rock and Radford. Maybe they had one TV altercation and a string of house show matches.Edit - Maxx Payne's WWF career from Wikipedia:

World Wrestling FederationThe morning after he was released by WCW, Peterson was contacted by wrestler Rick Rude, who convinced WWF owner Vince McMahon to hire him. Peterson was renamed Man Mountain Rock by the WWF. The Rock character was considerably more upbeat and less gritty than the popular Maxx Payne character, and did not achieve the same success. Debuting on an episode of WWF Superstars of Wrestling, Man Mountain Rock played a large electric guitar shaped like the WWF logo. Rock would come to the ring during a commercial, with the arena going pitch black and ring announcer Manny Garcia saying "Ladies and Gentleman, Man Mountain Rock!" Rock would then play his "ax" (electric guitar) while pyro burst off. Rock would frequently state, "If it's too loud, then you're too old!" Vince McMahon, then a commentator, would often comment that Rock "rocked the house". In the latter part of his WWF tenure, Rock's music incurred the wrath of the veteran Bob Backlund, then playing the part of a cantankerous heel crusading against the younger generation, who objected to the music Man Mountain Rock was playing.Peterson had suffered several injuries during his amateur career, and had hoped to secure a backstage position with WCW. When he moved to the WWF, he asked to be made an announcer, but his request was denied. His career in the WWF met with several disruptions, including a serious hernia, an addiction to pain pills and downers and a Cannabis habit, which ultimately led to his release in 1995.While working for the WWF, Peterson filmed several hours of behind-the-scenes footage with a video camera which he often carried. Peterson often claimed that he would release a documentary called "The Thing that Should Not Be" or "The Real Maxx Payne" based on the footage, but never did. As the footage reportedly contained scenes showing substance abuse and solicitation, it is highly likely that legal challenges would arise if Peterson did try and release his film.

Edited by Phil Jones

Has Vince McMahon made the majority of his money from wrestling, or does he have other projects?

He's made all of it from wrestling. The majority of his losses have been from outside projects. I don't think he's ever turned a profit on another project (various stunts in the 70s, boxing, WBF, WWF New York). He may eventually turn a profit on WWE Films. I don't know how IcoPro (a supplement he marketed) did, but I'd assume the steroid scandal killed sales.
Didn't VKM promote the Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon jump? Was that also a loss-maker? My inner child would be hugely disappointed if it was. :/What's the origin of the term 'Singapore cane' meaning 'kendo stick'? Is this term used anywhere outside of pro-wrestling? Edited by Spatular

What's the origin of the term 'Singapore cane' meaning 'kendo stick'? Is this term used anywhere outside of pro-wrestling?

The Kendo stick was termed a 'Singapore Cane' in ECW after Michael Fay, an American youth, was sentanced to a caning in Singapore for a crime (forget what, probably drugs). At the time, Fay's caning was a big deal and all over the news.Edit - Link to Michael Fay story:http://www.corpun.com/awfay9405.htm Edited by Phil Jones

Guest the_uk_fan

From Mark Underwood's MySpace

Mark wrestled an impressive 7 times in one day for the tournament, beating everyone along the way until Dan Head defeated him in the final after a moonsault and two diving head butts. Both wrestlers had wrestled 7 times in that day and both had wrestled back to back matches. There is no record of anyone ever wrestling this many times in one day before to my knowledge.Mark recalls it as the most exhausting and tiring experience of his life.

Anyone know if this is in fact a record?EDIT...No worries, question answered! Edited by the_uk_fan

Does anyone know what date this year's Summerslam is?

August 20, I believe.
Tis correctAug 20, 2006, 1:00 AM - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden (Sky Box Office) Because did PWI I think it was them not sure, say the wrong date or someshit, oh I dont know but yeah 20th.

What's the origin of the term 'Singapore cane' meaning 'kendo stick'? Is this term used anywhere outside of pro-wrestling?

The Kendo stick was termed a 'Singapore Cane' in ECW after Michael Fay, an American youth, was sentanced to a caning in Singapore for a crime (forget what, probably drugs). At the time, Fay's caning was a big deal and all over the news.

Once, there was this kid whoTook a trip to Singapore and brought along his spray paintAnd when he finally came backHe had cane marks all over his bottomHe said that it was from whenThe warden whacked it so hardMmm mmm mmm mmm, mmm mmm mmm mmm(*whip* sound) Ahh

Long been a favourite but I hadn't put that particular two-and-two together. Thanks :)

Why was the first Survivor Series VHS release impossible to find?Before the WWF sold all of their old video stock.

It was a Silver Vison 'Mega Mail' mail order exclusive.
The reason it wasn't sold in the shops is because the sound quality is so awful. I got the Dusty Rhodes DVD from Silver Vision last week, excellant set but I just noticed: It doesn't include the Billy Graham Texas Bullrope match. Anyone know why?