The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Financial problems, apparently.

Gerry Norton is apparently on the verge of quitting LPW for various reasons. At the moment, Leicester Pro Wrestling is operated by Norton and Mad Mike. Norton, however, also runs Norton British Wrestling, who mostly run shows in Nottinghamshire. It is thought he wants to concentrate on running NBW. Norton was also heavily involved in RBW a couple of years ago. He eventually quit Revolution British Wrestling after having a major falling out with business partner Adam Mumford. Norton then went on to create NBW, while Mumford ran RBW into the red, and made plenty of enemies in the process. RBW haven't run a show in nearly a year, but never officially announced it was closing down. Mumford has kept himself out of the spotlight, doing occasional referee jobs on small shows. However, BritWres has been informed that Mumford has recently been contacting some of his old venues, including the Ryan Hall in Chingford, about running shows there. More interestingly, Mumford allegedly called the Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield, asking for prices on running shows there. However, the venue told him they weren't interested. It's very interesting, as RBW made their name in Enfield, running small, but entertaining monthly shows at the Celbic Hall in 2004. They also ran their training school from the martial arts training facility next door. LDN's current owner, Sanjay Bagga then started runnng FWA shows in Enfield at the Southbury Leisure Centre, and has run a couple of successful LDN shows there in recent months, with another coming up this weekend. LDN have also recently opened their training school at the same facility RBW operated from. Some RBW supporters blamed Bagga/FWA for the demise of RBW's run in Enfield, and this could be seen as an attempt at revenge by Mumford.

Edited by Adam Gard

Foley beating The Rock for the WWF Title. End of '98, I think.All hell is breaking loose, then Austin's music hits and the place goes fucking nuts.What DVD can I find that on? I know I've got it somewhere...

Probably Mick Foley: Greatest Hits and Misses.
See, I knew I had it.Thanks very much. Watched it over breakfast this morning. I just needed to see/hear that incredible pop for Austin again.

See, I knew I had it.Thanks very much. Watched it over breakfast this morning. I just needed to see/hear that incredible pop for Austin again.

Also on the Best Of Raw Vol 1 and 2 DVD. Cracking pop, and a great Raw.

Also on the Best Of Raw Vol 1 and 2 DVD. Cracking pop, and a great Raw.
Is it?! Fuck, that means I've got it twice then and didn't need to dig my Cactus set out of the loft.

read somewhere that Tajiri is a former champion in CZW. WTF ? :Scan anyone explain this ?

I remember him doing on a trip somewhere and getting so drunk he almost died. That was at least 18 months ago and I haven't heard of him returning to wrestling since.