FWA Sign TV Deal with TWC

PC316

I think this great. The FWA IMO deserve the spotlight. Although it does leave other British companys without an outlet to show what they have it will however make them work harder than they already do in order to get another channel that currently doesnt show any wrestling to air them and so they have their own TV channel. Dont forget the FWA are buried in between the likes of TNA and ROH.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

YOU UNGRATEFUL BUNCH OF BASTARDS!!!!WE'RE THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A WRESTLING CHANNEL WITH FREE SHOWS FROM THE BEST AND BIGGEST PROMOTIONS AROUND THE WORLD AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MOAN!!IF I WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SKY I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON AT THE PROSPECTUS OF SHIT LOADS OF FWA MATERIAL AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS CRITIZE.THIS IS REALLY SAD, AND MAKES YOU UKFF'ERS LOOK LIKE A COUPLE SAD PATHETIC INTERNET IDOITS.

No need to SHOUT, fucktard. And get a spellchecker too. And sort your grammar. And realise that British wrestling doesn't revolve around the FWA. And realise that the perfect opportunity for British Wrestling Promotions to get some serious, wholesome, beneficial competition with eachother has been swiped from under their feet. Edited by sephjnr

YOU UNGRATEFUL BUNCH OF BASTARDS!!!!WE'RE THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A WRESTLING CHANNEL WITH FREE SHOWS FROM THE BEST AND BIGGEST PROMOTIONS AROUND THE WORLD AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MOAN!!IF I WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SKY I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON AT THE PROSPECTUS OF SHIT LOADS OF FWA MATERIAL AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS CRITIZE.THIS IS REALLY SAD, AND MAKES YOU UKFF'ERS LOOK LIKE A COUPLE SAD PATHETIC INTERNET IDOITS.

Yes damn us UK fans straight to hell for looking out for the intrest of the UK wrestling scene.

You sir, are a wanker.FWA have ruined any chance British wrestling had of getting back on the map. TWC only has 0.1% to do with it.

Shut it ya wee trekky. Get Sky.

what about IWW? Isn't that a UK promotion or are they based in RoI? Also will this mean that a new event will be presented by FWA each week? I hope they show Academy Shows as it'll help build the up-and-coming workers before they appear on other FWA shows.

what about IWW? Isn't that a UK promotion or are they based in RoI? Also will this mean that a new event will be presented by FWA each week? I hope they show Academy Shows as it'll help build the up-and-coming workers before they appear on other FWA shows.

IWW is indeed based in Eire, therefore it's not British. Edited by Version1

Sorry, but this means to me that the FWA could have respected the other federations by saying: You can have a show if TWC feel it is good enough (quality waise and production wise). Afterall if it was wZw / GPW getting that deal iam sure FWA would have been bitching already.Lets say wZw get a deal on a channel such as Super Sport Style (made up obviously) and that TWC was to ffail 9which i personally think it will eventually). I am sure the FWA will be saying "oooh but we gots a deal first!!!111111. We done more for UK wrestling than anyone else."Personally, the respect the FWA has shown is so low for UK wrestling, they've basically said "We want to own the UK scene." Which no doubt they think they do / will.

The way I see it, this is good news.

British wrestling means NOTHING to the WWE watching masses in this country. It is a joke, a nostalgic jape harkening back to Big Daddy, 'grunt and groan' :crazy: and Giant Haystacks - all of that other stereotypical shite that helped to nearly kill off wrestling in this country.

So in order to put over British Wrestling for the 00's, it makes sense to concentrate on getting over ONE product at first. And which British promotion can honestly say they even come close to FWA, its' organistaion, and plans for the future right now?

Where is All Star Wrestling's innovation? Where are TWA's grand plans for the future? Where are K-Star's links with the innovative promotions in the States and Japan?

Where is NWA Hammerlock's tv deal? Isn't it something like three years since they promised something? Ten minutes a week on the barely watched Johnny Vaughan comedy show isn't exposure, it's a burial.

I think a lot of people whose noses will have been put out of joint with this need to take a long hard look in the mirror at themselves. And then do what FWA have done - get up off their arses and actually DO something about it, instead of just blowing hot air all the time.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Guest Juvenatic

This really does fucking suck for promotions spread across the UK... There was a million opportunitys waiting 2 happen.Ah well, shit happens...

As most people have said, it's great for FWA.They have a massive opportunity to push their product even higher, and I hope for themselves they do it.As for the British wrestling promotions out there, its a hit or miss. It could get more people who watch interested in the scene within the UK, or hey could say balls to it, I'll watch it on sky.But everyone needs to remember that when WWE bought out wCw it was the start of a downward spiral that they are still strugling to recover from. Simply because WWE tried to close off any competition it made their product less attractive. Will the same happen to FWA??? If they had other UK feds on there that weren't up to the standard of FWA, they would make themselves look 100 times better, now, they have to be shit hot, while all other UK feds can rely on the spectacle of seeing a show live!And as Jambo pointed out, TWC is not the only sky channel, Bravo used to show wrestling, and there are plenty of channels out there that will! So it's not the end.. just makes the task a bit harder.

• Paid Members

No Flatliner on The Wrestling Channel? Disgusting. :(Exclusive contracts are interesting things. Ross Gordon of course had one for wrestling talent over here, that irritated rival promotions.

Edited by AJ~

Bravo used to show wrestling, and there are plenty of channels out there that will! So it's not the end.. just makes the task a bit harder.

How many is plenty, and can you name the channels?
Bravo won't touch wrestling. I know of 3 out of the 800+ that will.